l8tony

l8tony

Broken beyond repair 💀
Dec 17, 2021
Like in Blade Runner 2042. Don't know how far we are off but it would be nice to have someone to talk to in person.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, yive, medjooled11 and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I think they have AI talking Real Dolls now. I haven't looked into it but a friend was talking about it. I know the real dolls themselves are quite realistic. Very expensive items. I guess one could argue that they save you money in the long run compared to a real companion. The good news is they can't walk so you never have to worry about them leaving you...

• Yay!
Reactions: l8tony and 9BBN
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Eh it wouldn't be enough for me just to talk to them. A simple sex doll wouldn't quite be enough to curb my loneliness either. I'd probably need a whole community of artificial partners to either make me feel like I belong somewhere or to at least give me more ways to torture myself by having them all insult me by saying true statements about me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: l8tony and 9BBN
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
I think the inverse will be true. Humans trade their bodies to become digital. Artificial 3D humans sounds interesting now, but ultimately would be pointless when we can all literally create our own worlds and stop eating and procreating.

Reactions: cyanol and 9BBN
l8tony

l8tony

Broken beyond repair 💀
Dec 17, 2021
I think they have AI talking Real Dolls now. I haven't looked into it but a friend was talking about it. I know the real dolls themselves are quite realistic. Very expensive items. I guess one could argue that they save you money in the long run compared to a real companion. The good news is they can't walk so you never have to worry about them leaving you...
I have to admit I was looking at those one point. At one point I was saving up to buy one but I'm waiting to see if they are made better in the future. At most a decade or shorter but would suck if i end my life and they make them better.
Eh it wouldn't be enough for me just to talk to them. A simple sex doll wouldn't quite be enough to curb my loneliness either. I'd probably need a whole community of artificial partners to either make me feel like I belong somewhere or to at least give me more ways to torture myself by having them all insult me by saying true statements about me.
Not going to lie you got me in the first half. For me the hologram would just be enough. I would pay anything for the joi. Sorry fellow hurt human.
Def
I think the inverse will be true. Humans trade their bodies to become digital. Artificial 3D humans sounds interesting now, but ultimately would be pointless when we can all literally create our own worlds and stop eating and procreating.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. With freaking fortbite and metaverse crap. I would not be interested in doing that. Scary thought

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021
There are people who spend their free time in VR talking to others and doing stuff, must be nice. You wouldn't be judged on how you look or your background or anything.

kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
There's already some pretty advanced AI chat bots, if you're into those. Replika was a pretty good one, but nowdays you need to pay for some options like it being your romantic partner etc, before it just said no thx if you tried to flirt with it, which i think was a pretty good thing since you don't fully delude yourself if you're lonely. Guess money wins kekw.

Gatebox was also released some years ago, which is your personal assistant/friend ordeal. And of course it's japanese.

They're trying to bring it to the west, but with just more human-like characters. If you don't know japanese you could wait for it, probably comes in a year or two. Or three or five.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
2021 do be like that.

• Yay!
Reactions: l8tony
l8tony

l8tony

Broken beyond repair 💀
Dec 17, 2021
There are people who spend their free time in VR talking to others and doing stuff, must be nice. You wouldn't be judged on how you look or your background or anything.
Yeah I don't have a VR yet but I have social anxiety so not sure how it would play out. I do enjoy that idea though.
There's already some pretty advanced AI chat bots, if you're into those. Replika was a pretty good one, but nowdays you need to pay for some options like it being your romantic partner etc, before it just said no thx if you tried to flirt with it, which i think was a pretty good thing since you don't fully delude yourself if you're lonely. Guess money wins kekw.

Gatebox was also released some years ago, which is your personal assistant/friend ordeal. And of course it's japanese.

They're trying to bring it to the west, but with just more human-like characters. If you don't know japanese you could wait for it, probably comes in a year or two. Or three or five.

Yeah I remember seeing that a while back! I really hope they make it better. I mean it's still a huge achievement but I would like it if the hologram was my size which I know... more money. But I guess I can be like a spartan...

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I want to be digital. Instead of ctb.

Reactions: Callie Arcale
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Sadly, even in the digital world, you can catch viruses...

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Does anyone remember the name of that hologram doctor in Star Trek Voyager? He could basically cure any diseases.

I don't want a perfect hologram partner. I want a perfect hologram doctor.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4eyebiped
l8tony

l8tony

Broken beyond repair 💀
Dec 17, 2021

Yeah I remember seeing that a while back! I really hope they make it better. I mean it's still a huge achievement but I would like it if the hologram was my size which I know... more money. But I guess I can be like a spartan...
I want to be digital. Instead of ctb.
Like the matrix?
Sadly, even in the digital world, you can catch viruses...
😱 I forgot about that. Scary like the digital version of a flu
Does anyone remember the name of that hologram doctor in Star Trek Voyager? He could basically cure any diseases.

I don't want a perfect hologram partner. I want a perfect hologram doctor.
Haven't watched enough Star Trek to know but I like it. I'll take that too over a partner. Didn't know that was a thing.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Callie Arcale and l8tony