C

cowie

Student
Oct 25, 2022
Is it worth trying medication for ADHD before attempting to CTB? I was prescribed it many years ago and was too scared to take it but my life was not nearly as bad as it is now. Should I ask my doctor to try again? if I could focus on accomplishing goals I think life would be more fulfilling.

I've tried SSRIs but they haven't helped much. My executive dysfunction is insane and has ruined my entire life. I didn't even know what that was until like last year. It's something I've always struggled with and I really wish I got help for this sooner. Sometimes my ADHD symptoms have subsided a bit but they always have been a hindrance in accomplishing personal goals outside of school and work.

Reactions: touhoufan
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
I mean, i think the answer is obvious, right? ADHD meds can be so life-changing, go for it! :)

Reactions: KokuThePikachu, BBBB, touhoufan and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Mine didn't to much but it seems I'm unusual in this regard. I'd definitely give it a try, it's worth it

Reactions: cowie
cassxtho

cassxtho

Deftones Fan
Nov 8, 2022
Yes try them! I have ADHD and my meds help me out a lot, the minute I took them my anxiety completed disappeared. Be wary that it may take a few attempts before you find the right medication, so it's a long process. This also might be a me thing, but I workout before school every weekday and it helps me focus more even when I forget to take my meds and I find it's easier for me to start work and get things done when I start my day off that way.

Reactions: KokuThePikachu, BBBB and touhoufan
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
Is it worth trying medication for ADHD before attempting to CTB? I was prescribed it many years ago and was too scared to take it but my life was not nearly as bad as it is now. Should I ask my doctor to try again? if I could focus on accomplishing goals I think life would be more fulfilling.

I've tried SSRIs but they haven't helped much. My executive dysfunction is insane and has ruined my entire life. I didn't even know what that was until like last year. It's something I've always struggled with and I really wish I got help for this sooner. Sometimes my ADHD symptoms have subsided a bit but they always have been a hindrance in accomplishing personal goals outside of school and work.
Yeah

S

SeeminglyFine

Mixing pills with potions under the smoke alas
Jan 2, 2022
I think its worth it but beware the feeling is very addictive and euphoria subsides quickly, it needs to be done in a healthy fashion, some reccomend taking the weekends off the meds cuz tolerance builds quick, i got too hooked on the feeling and now on ritalin withdrawl and cant handle it without alcohol, i got heavily addicted.

Last edited:
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I used to watch a streamer with ADHD who said she 'wasn't living' until she started taking meds. I wanted to get some myself but, alas, the doctor told me 'everyone thinks they've got ADHD now a days'.