• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
I've been taking antidepressants for the past 6 months and just come off them in the last month and wow there is so much stuff that I had just completely neglected because I felt content on antidepressants so I thought my life was in order. I'm worried if I keep taking them i'll completely lose track of the important stuff in life and just keep going without realizing because I feel content in the moment.

Reactions: todienomore
Aim

Aim

🀍
Sep 12, 2023
Hello! 😊 I am no doctor, but this has been alot of controversial discussions about. If it's helpful or not.
It's said that for SSRI to really start having effect, takes both time and patience. Alot of people say it works πŸ’―. Others hates it. And hey, if it sucks you can always stop taking them. But that's just my opinion though 😏😊
Hello! 😊 I am no doctor, but this has been alot of controversial discussions about. If it's helpful or not.
It's said that for SSRI to really start having effect, takes both time and patience. Alot of people say it works πŸ’―. Others hates it. And hey, if it sucks you can always stop taking them. But that's just my opinion though 😏😊 one of my best friends needs antidepressants, and have been taking them most of her life. It's not a wonderpill, but it helps her. And it's absolutely no shame in taking meds.

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
It's said that for SSRI to really start having effect, takes both time and patience. Alot of people say it works πŸ’―. Others hates it. And hey, if it sucks you can always stop taking them. But that's just my opinion though 😏😊
It definitely helps me. But it's like you know the experience machine the idea that you put yourself in a simulation that just gives you all the right feelings and dopamine and feeling of satisfaction. It doesn't mean your life is getting better you just feel like it's getting better and everything becomes hollow.

Reactions: Aim
Aim

Aim

🀍
Sep 12, 2023
I do understand you very well. 🀍 How long have you been on them?
I believe meds isn't a miracle cure, or else we wouldn't have been here. But it can help to lift up the depression. So that fiending hope and meaning in life gets a bit easier. I truly wish you all the best 🧑 And I hope you fiend something that works for you. πŸ’—

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
I do understand you very well. 🀍 How long have you been on them?
I believe meds isn't a miracle cure, or else we wouldn't have been here. But it can help to lift up the depression. So that fiending hope and meaning in life gets a bit easier. I truly wish you all the best 🧑 And I hope you fiend something that works for you. πŸ’—
Sorry, I think I come off as rude towards you I don't mean to. Hope you too find a way off this forum. I appreciate your posts 🧑 .

R

RamoHelsom

Nov 8, 2023
I understand your apprehension, I'm scared of them myself. But I think the fact that you're even thinking about your life in the way that you are, in recognizing there are steps you can take to make things better, is a positive step. Don't give up!

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me πŸ’™
Nov 1, 2023
I've been taking antidepressants for the past 6 months and just come off them in the last month and wow there is so much stuff that I had just completely neglected because I felt content on antidepressants so I thought my life was in order. I'm worried if I keep taking them i'll completely lose track of the important stuff in life and just keep going without realizing because I feel content in the moment.
Did you feel a little carefree and careless on antidepressants? Usually that happens when the dose is too high and you're not sensitive enough to anxiety, so you don't worry about things in your life that are worth worrying about. You could try switching to a new one, their effects really vary even within the same class and nobody really knows why.

h.s.p.

h.s.p.

Once a rebel, forever a rebel
Dec 8, 2023
SSRIs do not change your personality, if there's something you don't like you will still not like it even if you take them. What they do is regulate the quantity of serotonine between the neurons and can help dramatically, believe me. It is important to keep your doc up to date in case you relapse, if that happens please do not waste time, it might be totally manageable. Take care

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
SSRIs do not change your personality, if there's something you don't like you will still not like it even if you take them. What they do is regulate the quantity of serotonine between the neurons and can help dramatically, believe me. It is important to keep your doc up to date in case you relapse, if that happens please do not waste time, it might be totally manageable. Take care
I know they help. I've been taking them. Maybe i'm on too high of a dose.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hey, if it's not too private can I ask you which antidepressants were you taking? I tried over a dozen of them and none of them made me feel content like you're describing. I'd like to have what you're having :pfff:;-;

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
Hey, if it's not too private can I ask you which antidepressants were you taking? I tried over a dozen of them and none of them made me feel content like you're describing. I'd like to have what you're having :pfff:;-;
St Johns Wort lol

• Wow
Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
St Johns Wort lol
Oh okay, I thought you were talking about typical antidepressants. How do you take it? I wanna try it out, but I see there's a ground up, pill and sirup version

Last edited:
S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
Oh okay, I thought you were talking about typical antidepressants. How do you take it? I wanna try it out, but I see there's a ground up, pill and sirup version
I just buy pills off of amazon they come in packs of 30. Idk about the other methods of ingestion I didn't know those existed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nymph