• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

slugcat

slugcat

Student
Mar 14, 2023
Hades :D (really can't be considered a greek equivalent of satan or lucifer, bcs hes just the ruller of the underworld. And not like luci or satan, de doesn't tempt humans into sinning, actually he doen't REALLY care about humans lol. So i think the only equivalent there could possibly be to the devil in greek mythology is prometeus since he kinda gave the fire to the homans (= knowledge) so kinda like satan with the fruit of knowledge you know)

This is how he was depicted in the popular manga "record of ragnarock" heheh :

F2e88de4d73f30d6f096adfc146e2365

slugcat

slugcat

Student
Mar 14, 2023
Cloud-Retainer ☁️࿓ 𓆝 ⋆⁺₊⋆𓆞 ⋆⁺₊⋆𓆝 ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
( yay i really like etymology too !!!! i will respond with two words too then :p)

(heheh no worries, a manga is a japanese comic thats classically drawn in black ink and that reads from right to left ! how untypical, the key characteristics of manga is that they rely heavily on scenarisation that ressembles one of a movie ! the different panels have a sense of editing, the characters also have big eyes lol, also, it is said that a good manga should stay readable without it's text )

Thats a picture of whats considered the first "modern" manga : Astro boy by Osamu Tezuka (published between 1952 and 1968) v

8ddc1eed7e9a44f5f41d81beb23e4591

slugcat

slugcat

Student
Mar 14, 2023
Rain Stick ⛆🌂🎐
>if i remember well, this instrument has been used to call for the rain
>im reading about the rain dance on the internet, it is very interesting :0 i wish the rain would come too

>i like grey and rainy days like this v feel like the world is mimicking what i feel :> thats why i often don't like sunny days (unless there are many clouds)
Capture dcran 2023 03 25 233911

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
Kechua

(aka ~ 'Quechua' + their intricate + incredible 'Quipu' , ie : "ancient computer strings" 🪢
… likewise can only tolerate grey days + clouds ~ used to sun worship many moons ago ~ but since 2018 have to draw blinds when sun shines now since been housebound :(

Last edited:
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Aboriginal

(Sorry I don't have any interesting story 😅
Today it's raining in my region and I'm happy with it! ☔
I have severe allergy to pollen and rain drops shoot down every particle of it. Thanks, Mother Nature Air Defence Artillery Regiment 🌧)

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022
Cosmology

Newgrange ~ "Cave of the Sun" in Irish ~ with the most ancient Triskele motif ~

(@LoiteringClouds ~ 🤧 I'm sorry about your severe pollen allergy ~ is it Cherry Blossom season yet ? 🌸 I'm thankful that Mother Nature is helping you with the cleansing rain drops 🌧️ Wish I could do a Rain Dance for you 💛🙏)

slugcat

slugcat

Student
Mar 14, 2023
𝕾𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖑𝖔𝖈𝖐 𝕳𝖔𝖑𝖒𝖊𝖘 🕵📑💼📎🔍⚖️

~ 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓, 𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝑨𝑳𝑾𝑨𝒀𝑺 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 ~

~ 𝑨 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 : " 𝟓 𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒑𝒔 ", 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆 !! ~

Sherlock Holmes in The Five Orange Pips

> @Per Ardua Ad Astra : wow I didn't know that Kechua was an ancient Inca civilisation !!! (•̪ o •̪) and didn't know either about the Quipu either !! very very interesting, many thanks !

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022
William (of) Baskerville

"William of Baskerville alludes both to the fictional Sherlock Holmes and the 14th century English Franciscan friar and scholastic philosopher and theologian William of Ockham"

(oops 2 words again ! )

*Edit: @slugcat ~ I hope you might like both books ~ 'The Name of the Rose' + Umberto Eco's ~ 'Foucault's Pendulum ' (France; Italy)

… there is an actual 'Foucault Pendulum' in this shopping mall in Glasgow ! …
(I lived in Scotland for a while)

Last edited:
slugcat

slugcat

Student
Mar 14, 2023
Denmark !! 🇩🇰 (we are doing countries heheh)

> aka: the country both Søren Kierkegaard -famous philosopher- and my best friend come from ! heheh i don't talk to him much anymore, because i havent been feeling very well, but he is very kind ! denmark is a nordic country with beautiful scenery, i don't know if ill ever go there but aparently the people are very kind :)
> @Per Ardua Ad Astra :0 oe iv never heard of that book !! Il nome de la rosa, i'll research it online then :3

> Also, Andersen (one of my favorite children's book author, is danish !! i read most of his short stories and loved them ALL hehe
(~to be perfectly honest tho, the little mermaid made me cry a little, the ending is awful but it does make sense~)

Edmund Dulac   The Mermaid   The Prince

Last edited:
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Epic
Cosmology

View attachment 106835
Newgrange ~ "Cave of the Sun" in Irish ~ with the most ancient Triskele motif ~

(@LoiteringClouds ~ 🤧 I'm sorry about your severe pollen allergy ~ is it Cherry Blossom season yet ? 🌸 I'm thankful that Mother Nature is helping you with the cleansing rain drops 🌧️ Wish I could do a Rain Dance for you 💛🙏)
Cherry blossoms bloomed on March 26 in my region. It was the earliest since records began!
🌸🌸🌸 Spring has come in Japan! 🌸🌸🌸
Thanks for your prayer 🙏💙