• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
So I met this gal where I am currently riding out the pandemic storm by accident, she's 24.

And no, it's not what you might think. We are just friends who are enjoying each other's company.

She's expressed interest in ctb, but even more so, she seems to have taken a shine to me, and seeks wisdom of sorts.

And whereas I am pro choice, it is always my first instinct to help others.

She has no interest in being on SS as she is paranoid about privacy on the net, etc.

I simply want to advise and be there for her the best I can.

For the 20ish gals here at SS, if you have any suggestions on how to proceed, please PM me, thanks.

-Steve
(ManWithNoName)

Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
Can you tell us why she wants to CTB? Has she exhausted all other options? More info if possible, please! :heart:

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Can you tell us why she wants to CTB? Has she exhausted all other options? More info if possible, please! :heart:
It's a plethora of reasons stemming from self esteem issues, to her future (this pandemic certainly is not helping) and undercurrent of angst I'm trying to figure out.

E

Esc9434

Student
Feb 25, 2020

Sounds like a romantic story, huh? Romeo and Juliet ish.

Either they live for each other or die together.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blu_1
B

bpdandme

Experienced
Feb 3, 2020
So I met this gal where I am currently riding out the pandemic storm by accident, she's 24.

And no, it's not what you might think. We are just friends who are enjoying each other's company.

She's expressed interest in ctb, but even more so, she seems to have taken a shine to me, and seeks wisdom of sorts.

And whereas I am pro choice, it is always my first instinct to help others.

She has no interest in being on SS as she is paranoid about privacy on the net, etc.

I simply want to advise and be there for her the best I can.

For the 20ish gals here at SS, if you have any suggestions on how to proceed, please PM me, thanks.

-Steve
(ManWithNoName)
I'm 23 and I think as she has taken a shine to you and has self-esteem issues, you might be in a position where she is impressionable (not suggesting you would do anything intentionally). I don't think gender has much to do with it personally either. I would be the friend that you needed when you've been feeling down. Hopefully you can support each other through dark times! Keep us updated!

Reactions: TheEndof, ManWithNoName, Let'sgetoutofHERE and 1 other person
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Having been in a similar situation, I'd suggest you stay out of it.
It's unlikely to end well for either of you

Reactions: highlyvolatile, applegreenicecream and UpandDownPrincess
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Sounds like a romantic story, huh? Romeo and Juliet ish.

Either they live for each other or die together.
Call Hollywood!
Or Hallmark if you prefer a cheesier version.

Reactions: Esc9434
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Having been in a similar situation, I'd suggest you stay out of it.
It's unlikely to end well for either of you
I was thinking the same thing—still it is my nature to help others.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I was thinking the same thing—still it is my nature to help others.
Well.. . I tried, and the short version is, it was an unmitigated disaster for the both of us

Reactions: BFishy
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Well.. . I tried, and the short version is, it was an unmitigated disaster for the both of us
I respect the fact that I could end up with the same situation, but I guess I will find out the hard way.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Run. Run fast. Run far away.

Nothing good can come from this situation for you. You must not assist her in any way, or you could wind up in jail.

Additionally, proceed very, very slowly as far as romance goes when anyone you don't know well involves you - or even tells you - about their wish to ctb. This is very deep conversation for someone new in your life, and I think such a disclosure points to someone who is going to be trouble emotionally.

I am not in my 20s, but I hope you'll give my advice some thought. I'm a bit older and with plenty of life experience and this sounds very troubling to me.

Reactions: voltage268, highlyvolatile, ManWithNoName and 1 other person
bananabear

bananabear

Jan 20, 2020
as a 20 year old, i also say run away, just because i cant imagine she doesnt know it can be a slippery legal slope, and she might not care about repercussions you might receive. ive come really really close to asking someone to get sn for me(cant easily in my country), but in the end i dont want them to get in trouble unless i was certain they were going out too.

in this situation, it seems inevitable someone will suffer in some way. give her the link, suggest browsing as a guest with tor, and cut it off.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and ManWithNoName
applegreenicecream

applegreenicecream

We're not in wonderland anymore, Alice.
Mar 22, 2020
I find it odd that she is interested in ctb-ing . . . But not interested enough to join this group (or research the subject herself.) Instead has elicited the help of someone else, who it seems she hasn't known long or that well. I might be wrong. I'm just going from what info you've provided.

Committing suicide isn't like getting someone to return your library books on your behalf. Or it shouldn't be. This is the biggest thing most of us will ever do. I feel that anyone who was serious about that wouldn't leave sourcing info etc to somebody else.

As others have said, it sounds like a big bag of emotional ballache for you. Perhaps as you say she has taken a liking to you and is setting herself up as the victim and you are being put in place as her saviour. Which sounds like an unsustainable relationship to me.

If somebody is serious about ending their life then I believe they have to put in the leg work in terms of figuring it out themselves by researching online and joining a forum like this. To cite concern about privacy issues as a reason not to do this is inadequate. This is a serious matter. I don't think it's something that should involve a middle man. Obviously I don't know this girl and I don't know you, but my concern is that you are being manipulated.

Reactions: ManWithNoName