• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Victory
Jul 10, 2022
A senior coroner has expressed deep concern over the way police and mental health services dealt with the case of a vulnerable woman who fell from a railway bridge four months after reporting she had been raped.

Tamsin Dolamore, a 24-year-old carer, was found on the tracks near a railway station in Cornwall and died in hospital the following day having sustained head injuries and had a cardiac arrest.

During an inquest in Truro, it emerged there was a delay in appointing a sexual offences liaison officer to her case, and a shortage of detectives to investigate sexual attacks.

Though her GP had said her world had been "turned upside down" by the rape, she was not seen by mental health services and was told she would have to wait five or six months for help from charities that help survivors, because of pressure on their resources.

Andrew Cox, the senior coroner for Cornwall, said: "It is striking the extent to which she was left to deal with matters on her own. Rape has to be one of the most traumatic of crimes. Its survivors require and deserve immediate support and assistance. When she most needed it, Tamsin did not receive it. As a society we need to do better than this."

Dolamore was described in court by her family as "kind and caring" but lacking in self-confidence, too trusting and a poor judge of character. She had been sexually assaulted as a schoolgirl and in the autumn of 2017 she reported to police that she had been raped, though she did not tell her family about either attack and they only found out after her death.

On the night of 8 January 2018, she left the home of a friend, after an argument and went to the bridge. He followed and dialled 999 when he saw her body on the tracks, telling the call handler: "I think she's just jumped off the bridge."

The inquest heard that a police investigator had been appointed to Dolamore's case at the end of September 2017. It had been intended that a sexual offences liaison officer would be allocated at the same time but this did not happen until a month later.

Though Dolamore's GP was concerned about her mental health, neither of the two organisations she was directed towards helped her. The first thought she presented with "too much risk for them", while the community mental health team did not take her on.

It was revealed during the inquest that when the 999 call was made, it was wrongly categorised, which led to a delay of up to 27 minutes in reaching Dolamore – though the inquest was told her injuries were so serious that she could not have survived.

The coroner gave an open conclusion and said he would propose writing to the police about their staffing, and to the government on the issue of support for victims of sexual assaults.

[even with all the finger pointing at websites, vendors, for questionable substances and drugs, the core services in the country continue to fail the people of the country]

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Lamentice, msocks, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
silkwings

silkwings

flying with doves, floating with swans
Apr 25, 2023
more time and money needs to be put into resources for SA survivors and victims. this needs to be spoken up about more. i can nearly guarantee that she is not the only one who has gone through this and im truly hoping that anyone in a similar situation gets the justice and aid they deserve.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
The coroner's compassion leaves me at a near loss for words. He's right - it is striking the extent to which she was left to deal with matters on her own.

It's simultaneously striking and so very common, people being absolutely abandoned and left to try and survive after a vicious ordeal like rape.

My second attempt happened after I was raped. Months of shame, anguish, guilt - I was afraid to tell anyone as it was a same sex rape and I didn't think anyone would believe me. I remember after the rape, the person advised me not to tell anyone as no man would ever want to touch me again. I was married and my husband had been away for work.

Rest peacefully now, Tamsin.

Nobody can hurt you anymore.

💔

Thank you for posting this, Againstthewind

• Hugs
Reactions: wishmomwasprochoice, msocks, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
silkwings

silkwings

flying with doves, floating with swans
Apr 25, 2023
i am so sorry that something so terrible happened to you.
if it makes you feel any better, i also had to go through a same sex rape so i can understand the feelings you had to go through.
im hoping you can find peace and that nobody will ever hurt you again either. stay safe<3

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Kerrtu and Regen
enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
Apologies if this comes across as insensitive since it kind of diverts the point a bit but I feel like someone needs to say this:

I bet if she had have chosen SN as her method instead this suicide would just be blamed entirely on SaSu and IC instead.

• Informative
Reactions: losing hope, Kerrtu and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
i am so sorry that something so terrible happened to you.
if it makes you feel any better, i also had to go through a same sex rape so i can understand the feelings you had to go through.
im hoping you can find peace and that nobody will ever hurt you again either. stay safe<3

I'm so sorry for what you went through - so very sorry. My heart is heavy knowing you went through such a similar ordeal.

I appreciate very much your kind words and empathy.

May no one ever hurt you again either, silkwings 🦋
Apologies if this comes across as insensitive since it kind of diverts the point a bit but I feel like someone needs to say this:

I bet if she had have chosen SN as her method instead this suicide would just be blamed entirely on SaSu and IC instead.

I agree. Police, even though the rape was reported, would've looked directly at this forum and swept all of Tamsin's agony and trauma under the rug - had she taken SN.

It's maddening.

People in my life, friends I thought I had, "family" ie my biological father…after I attempted post-rape (this was months after the rape), I tried telling my father and he legit put his hand up and shooed me away like I was a bothersome insect. A fly he wanted to swat.

I felt so stupid afterwards, to even think I could possibly open up to my father.

Over the years I have sought treatment - 20+/- ECT treatments, antidepressants, psychiatrist, therapy, but I know when I do end my life, all of that will be washed away and I imagine if my "family" knew of this forum they'd breathe a sigh of relief - "ah, it's that damn SaSu! That's what compelled her!", forgetting how much they abused me themselves. Forgetting I tried to tell someone. They'd love to be able to blame this community.

No - this forum has helped me. It hasn't pushed me over any edge, nobody here has ever been straight up cruel towards me (I know my account is new, but this is not my first time being a member. I remember the Reddit days. I have many memories of this forum, of certain members, discussions).

The NYT piece really pissed me off, but that's a whole other post.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Againstthewind and enviro400mmc