• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

saddo

Apr 22, 2023
I accidentally witnessed the suicide of a stranger recently. It wasn't very nice. t's been playing on my mind a lot.

• Hugs
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Ash, the_path_of_sorrows, Praestat_Mori and 7 others
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
What happened? I can imagine that was traumatic to watch unexpectedly

Reactions: GoatHerder
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
I've only seen videos of suicides and they are very affecting, seeing it in the flesh must be horrible.

How has it been playing on your mind? Do you have someone you feel you could talk to about it?

Reactions: fleetingnight
S

saddo

Apr 22, 2023
What happened? I can imagine that was traumatic to watch unexpectedly
I've only seen videos of suicides and they are very affecting, seeing it in the flesh must be horrible.

How has it been playing on your mind? Do you have someone you feel you could talk to about it?
It was very messy. It's been on my mind a lot. Part of me thinks well they're not here now and I could do that too and I think about doing the same thing, even to planning how I could do it. I'd never thought of that method before. But then another part of me thinks it's horrible to do that to other people and it'd be horrible for my family to know if I did it that way. I dunno it's just going round my mind a lot tbh. I think it's just made me think a lot more about ctb

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, Praestat_Mori, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 1 other person
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
Think it's important to consider how other will be affected. It's one thing to have suicide ideation and another to be suicidal and there are real lasting consequences. Why are you feeling suicidal? Do you have a therapist?

S

saddo

Apr 22, 2023
Think it's important to consider how other will be affected. It's one thing to have suicide ideation and another to be suicidal and there are real lasting consequences. Why are you feeling suicidal? Do you have a therapist?
It's a long story but basically everything is shit with not much hope of things improving. I'm not young. I feel I've tried long enough. No therapist. No one knows how I feel

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and thewalkingdread
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
All sorts of things bring people here some of them are temporary or manageable even though they may not look it from the perspective of the person going through them. I would highly recommend you talk to someone before making further plans.

K

Kali_Yuga13

Jul 11, 2024
It was very messy. It's been on my mind a lot. Part of me thinks well they're not here now and I could do that too and I think about doing the same thing, even to planning how I could do it. I'd never thought of that method before. But then another part of me thinks it's horrible to do that to other people and it'd be horrible for my family to know if I did it that way. I dunno it's just going round my mind a lot tbh. I think it's just made me think a lot more about ctb
Why don't you just come out and say what you saw? How did they ctb?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kvsvenky100, locked*n*loaded and 2 others
D

dtkdave87

Jul 13, 2024
The things I saw and amount of people committing suicide working in the emergency department really scarred me. I became insensitive to most of human emotions and it took a massive toll on my mental well being.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoatHerder, landslide2, groucho and 2 others
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
Think it's important to consider how other will be affected.
I disagree heavily. Suicide is a personal choice. Ideally no, you don't do it in full public view. But the person that does it will be dead and have no reason to consider how it will affect people after. Encouraging them to do so, is just another form of emotional manipulation. It's just a lower key version of guilt tripping.

"maybe you should stay alive and keep suffering so that other people don't have to feel pain"

And that's a big nope.

Reactions: pulleditnearlyoff and Praestat_Mori
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
I disagree heavily. Suicide is a personal choice. Ideally no, you don't do it in full public view. But the person that does it will be dead and have no reason to consider how it will affect people after. Encouraging them to do so, is just another form of emotional manipulation. It's just a lower key version of guilt tripping.

"maybe you should stay alive and keep suffering so that other people don't have to feel pain"

And that's a big nope.

As you intimated the two aren't mutually exclusive, it is a choice but you can also choose to reduce as much pain for those finding you as possible. I'm pro-choice but I consider it the final choice and as such it and it's consequences for other, particularly ones you may care about, shouldn't be taken lightly or done on the spur of the moment. Thinking it's just a philosophical dilemma of choice is either being blissfully naive or selfish.

Reactions: jbear824
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
The things I saw and amount of people committing suicide working in the emergency department really scarred me. I became insensitive to most of human emotions and it took a massive toll on my mental well being.
I am sorry you had to witness so much. I think it's okay to turn off emotions for awhile in order to endure and get through the day, get through the work. But hopefully you have people you can talk to, and there is us on here too fwiw. Some people are better able to put things in a box, compartmentalize. Others they take it home with them, and I'm mostly in the latter group myself. But working on it.