• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I have my parents who are elderly now. Other siblings are married with kids. I don't feel close to them, just my parents.

Most of the time I'm alone. I don't even have acquaintances. I really don't see the point in continuing on. Due to my issues, having an active social life is not going to happen.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RoloTomasi, raskolnikov and 6 others
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
Human interaction is essentially a need for pretty much everyone, even when it's absolutely distasteful, and deprivation of it has pretty bad emotional consequences.

Also most of enforced life is so dreadful other humans are kind of supposed to make up for it.

I think in theory hermitude could be great once adapted to though, but if it's imposed on you that's probably very different. You do also have to be able to support it as well.

I don't have an answer for you, I'm sorry. I'm posting to empathise, because it does feel pretty boring and pointless, I only got this far because I liked my own company once. I'm a little better off, I live with my mom and rarely see anyone else, sometimes my therapist.

I tried to go meet people at a board games night recently but they ignored me and I'm deaf enough that I can't force conversation reasonably. Everyone else seemed to be having a ton of fun though and it was structured enough I thought I could handle it on the anxiety front.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, raskolnikov and FadedMemory
FadedMemory

FadedMemory

Student
Aug 5, 2018
There isn't to me. If I were a billionare right now I'd still want to die, because I am alone and haunted by all the past mistakes and no amount of money can change that.
While I don't dare to reach out to other humans anymore and am severely disappointed by my social interactions, I stil have the wish/false hope that someday I'd be accepted and loved.
Though not everyone values relationships, some people put career first and that's okay, I just wish I were comfortable with my loneliness.

Reactions: raskolnikov, Smilla and Sayo
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
One word: NOPE

People say live for others (when you want to die) then turn around and say you can't live for others you have to live for yourself (when being...well....up their own arse) but what is the point when you have no one? And honestly you can't live for other people either... I think it is a catch 22. We shouldn't be made to suffer on someone else's account, we do that enough on our own as it is, without adding that into the mix.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Morning Angel, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 6 others
MissZombie

MissZombie

Aug 23, 2018
Honestly, I am in a very similar situation.
The truth is that the human being has a great capacity for adaptation, and you get used to everything, even loneliness.
It is normal that when you are depressed, discouraged or sad, those ideas come to your head. Also happens to me.
But in the end, after many experiences, it is better alone than badly accompanied.
You will avoid, betrayals, false friendships, lies and disappointments.

However, if you want the situation to change and socialize, it is very difficult when you are locked in, if not impossible. Unless you start doing it online.You could try to sign up for some type of activity that you like and that involves knowing people. For example, cooking classes, painting, dancing ...

For example, I have come to know people, thanks to the fact that I force myself to go out, at least to walk my pets and conversations arise with other people who also have animals. They are not friends of course, but at least I have interaction with other human beings.

Good luck and do not get discouraged.

Reactions: Sayo, Volatile and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Honestly, I am in a very similar situation.
The truth is that the human being has a great capacity for adaptation, and you get used to everything, even loneliness.
It is normal that when you are depressed, discouraged or sad, those ideas come to your head. Also happens to me.
But in the end, after many experiences, it is better alone than badly accompanied.
You will avoid, betrayals, false friendships, lies and disappointments.

However, if you want the situation to change and socialize, it is very difficult when you are locked in, if not impossible. Unless you start doing it online.You could try to sign up for some type of activity that you like and that involves knowing people. For example, cooking classes, painting, dancing ...

For example, I have come to know people, thanks to the fact that I force myself to go out, at least to walk my pets and conversations arise with other people who also have animals. They are not friends of course, but at least I have interaction with other human beings.

Good luck and do not get discouraged.

I can't agree more...when you are alone the only person that can let your down is yourself... you minimise the risk greatly from being disappointed and betrayed.

Reactions: MissZombie