jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
i fucking hate it here. this month has just been bad luck after bad luck, with my $1500 laptop a pile of garbage because the new windows update just made it a pricey laptop with an eternal black screen. im really worried because i wont be able to do my work for online classes and join zoom classes and shit. it really feels like the world hates me.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
You can't boot it up in safe mode and roll back the update? Or reformat to factory settings?

Reactions: Skathon
jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
You can't boot it up in safe mode and roll back the update? Or reformat to factory settings?
nope :( still stuck in the black screen. gonna take it to a repairman and hope for the best, i guess.

charlotte greentea

charlotte greentea

Misery Chick
Apr 2, 2021
I take it the warranty isn't active anymore, is it?

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Have you tried resetting the BIOS settings?

_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Cheapest way would be linux usb stick -boot from it and then access the files of ssd/hhd and work from there, im sure you could order it pre installed online. Or get a cheap wearable hdd usb drive and swap the hdds, would need another pc to mount nonetheless..

Maybe a friend could help with this, good luck!

Ps still using good old win7 x3

Reactions: Skathon
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Other reason why I run Linux on my laptop. (For beginners I recommend Manjaro and Linux Mint... Ubuntu is spyware :P )

I don't know if this really helps but back in the early days of Windows 10, there was a method to trigger automatic repair on Windows 10...

Power on your laptop, then wait for like 4-6seconds and then force shut it off (by removing the battery or pressing the power button long enough) and repeat this at least 4 or five times.

Then you should get a screen that says "Preparing for automatic repair". If this won't work, you get thrown into option menu and somewhere should be a option that says something about restoring the system to previous state or anything like that (Don't reset windows! It will wipe your data!!)

If you live in Germany (Preferably in the state Hessen or NRW), I could gladly meet you in some public place and do a full data backup with Acronis Live DVD and reinstall Windows without loosing the data.

Eventually, if you have a 2 spare USB flash drives and a second device, I can share with you my Acronis Business license and you could flash acronis with Etcher on your USB by youself and backup all the data to some flash drive

Reactions: jenny6391bubbles
MorningstarMornings

MorningstarMornings

leave a beautiful corpse
Aug 20, 2020
you could create a bootable usb with windows to fix your os. if you want i can send you a detailed message on how to potentially go down this route. alot of good options here.
option one, linux(alot of upfront work, but once you have it how you like it. it won't brake itself. my laptop is running ubuntu 14, they are at 20 I believe, and I refuse to let it update.)
option 2 use windows to fix windows. (it's gonna be fun to see if your laptop will allow us to do this. some manufacturers don't because we are messing with "their" operating system.

Reactions: jenny6391bubbles