• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wurr

wurr

If you want, you can talk to me about anything
Jul 17, 2023
Thinking about it, how would one recover and what would it lead to?

Let's say I do start talking to psychiatrist or get into a psych ward for a week or 2. How is talking to a random person going to help me? They're maybe gonna give me some diagnosis, and put me on some pills, that may not even work. Is there anything that's going to help me? I honestly can't think of a single way that is for sure going to help me. And without help I would
Never get friends, would never accomplish anything, and would
never be satisfied with life. On top of that, I don't know how I'll get rid of the embarrassment that comes from the thought that I tried killing myself, and couldn't just cope like a normal person? How would I live happily with the embarrassment of knowing that I'm not of a traditional orientation? How would live happily with the embarrassment of knowing that I scarred my body because of how pathetic I am? I truly do not see any solution to this. I think I'm living only because I want to see my sister again, and because of my childish hope that everything may become good again, while rationally I see that there is absolutely no way out of this trap

Is there anyone from here who recovered and now lives a happy normal life? Someone who recovered and isn't tied to pills, and doesn't live with constant guilt/ embarrassment?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
TakesOneToKnowOne

TakesOneToKnowOne

Nov 23, 2022
I would suspect that people who have recovered are not on this forum anymore. I would also not feel embarrassed at all if I recovered by any means, but the opposite, since I would have overcome a big challenge, but this depends on the person I guess.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
First of all you would need to know what lead to SH actions and what triggered you to consider suicide / attempt? Are those triggers eliminated so they cannot bother you anymore? This is imo the crucial point of a possible recovery. From what you said you mainly suffer from feeling guilty/ being embarrassed for the things you did to yourself.

If you have hope to recovery and you really want to give it a try I think that a good therapist could show you ways how to deal with your past but that's gonna be a long and tough journey and you may not find a good therapist immediately.

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Probably give you pills, but they also give you coping tools and mechanisms, since a combination of that increases the chances of recovery. And with these tools, you also need to want to get better. Which translates into consistency and perseverance at obtaining happiness. Your will to live overpower your will to die on psychological (not just instinctual) levels. Your hope isn't childish--it's technically correct. It is is not that everything will get better, but the chances of it are undefined. It's definitely not 100, nor is it 0. Also, like the other person said, a person completely recovered isn't on nor frequenting a site about suicide.

As for me, I don't think I ever will. In short: Life, as well as how my body grew and reacted to it, has stripped away my will to want-to-get-better.

• Love
Reactions: UsagiDrop and wurr
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Is there anyone from here who recovered and now lives a happy normal life? Someone who recovered and isn't tied to pills, and doesn't live with constant guilt/ embarrassment?
Do you want the good news or the bad news? I would say I recovered and I'm relatively happy, not on any pills, not really sure what a "normal" life is, I'm pretty far from that but I am getting by.

This came after many years of feeling alone, trapped and in pain culminating in several attempts but eventually I got there. Not saying everyone will recover but I was lucky enough to.

wurr

wurr

If you want, you can talk to me about anything
Jul 17, 2023
Do you want the good news or the bad news? I would say I recovered and I'm relatively happy, not on any pills, not really sure what a "normal" life is, I'm pretty far from that but I am getting by.

This came after many years of feeling alone, trapped and in pain culminating in several attempts but eventually I got there. Not saying everyone will recover but I was lucky enough to.
Ig by normal life I mean being in at least a neutral state more than ~70% of the time, and having more instances of you feeling happy, then instances of you feeling down
First of all you would need to know what lead to SH actions and what triggered you to consider suicide / attempt? Are those triggers eliminated so they cannot bother you anymore? This is imo the crucial point of a possible recovery. From what you said you mainly suffer from feeling guilty/ being embarrassed for the things you did to yourself.

If you have hope to recovery and you really want to give it a try I think that a good therapist could show you ways how to deal with your past but that's gonna be a long and tough journey and you may not find a good therapist immediately.
Hm, there are quite a few things that led me to sh. Eliminating them all is just inpossible.

And about the therapist. I'm moving out from my parents in about a year, so then I would be able to find some therapist. I don't think I would be able to get an expensive one, so if therapist is something that actually helps people, then I would probably need to try out a couple different ones until I find a good one.

Ig I'm sceptical about a therapist because I have never talked to one. I haven't ever opened up opened up to a person irl, and this durum is the first online place where I opened up. Why am I never able to decide what I'm thinking. Last night I was saying that I'm certain that a therapist won't work. This night I'm saying that I'm willing to try one out when I get the chance. It feels like I'm just making excuses, but i dint know for what and why.

Last edited:
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Will I die too soon or live too long?
Oct 23, 2023
I hope, I've actually been trying for about a year now. I still have bad days, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before my attempt

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting