Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Our we destined to end up in a moving YouTube memorial.

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, EmptyManForever, Donk and 9 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I would rather be in a youtube video than have someone I know take one of my photos and photoshop some awful angel wings on me in the clouds lol

• Love
Reactions: parasytes_, Disco Biscuit, sadbadpsychogirl and 10 others
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I hope all of those souls have found their peace now.
The idea of being immortalised in such a way horrifies me personally. I do not wish even for a funeral.
I will be setting out clear instructions which I hope, but have no expectation, that people will follow.
The only person I really care about in terms of the impact of my death is my daughter. Whatever she needs to do to help herself is what I want her to do regardless of my desires.

Sorry .. ive gone off on a tangent.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen, Ἡγησίας, livefreeorpeace and 6 others
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Yeah I definitely do not want to end up on one of those.

Interesting to see Hana Kimura on there. I had been watching Terrace House and so was quite aware of her suicide, and knew it was from some kind of inhalant. According to the video it was hydrogen sulfide . Hadn't heard of that method until now.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Miss_Takes and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
After seeing how the beliefs and situations of people on this forum and other spaces were twisted by their family members and friends following their passing, I hope that I do not get immortalised on the Internet as someone I am not.

I think it's important when someone ctb to remember them how they want to be remembered, and earnestly listen to what they had to say, especially their final words.

I get very interested in reading about the lives of those who ctb, especially those that documented their writing on places like ASH and were living in a different time period.

Suzy Gonzales was one such person I was fascinated by, and I read all of her usenet posts. They paint a very different picture than what the news articles said about her condition.

She talks about antidepressants failing her, showing her boyfriend a container of cyanide, her convictions about her beliefs, and how she believes that people should have the ability to end their own lives. Yet her parents are campaigning for the exact opposite of what she would have wanted.

Another case I read about was Callie's. I truly felt for her, you could tell from her blog posts outside of this site that she struggled greatly due to how the world treats autistic people. Especially in the UK. There are basically no services for autistic adults like Callie, everything goes towards preventing the children from turning out like the adults who have been abandoned with no interventions.

She had been sectioned multiple times and tried many treatments. Her despair seemed to have been exacerbated by the fact that she was not understood by her family nor her friends. She was antinatalist and seemed to have a unique outlook on life that few can really understand, unless you've experienced life with autism yourself.

Still the BBC and her mum are always putting out articles about how she was simply depressed and could have been saved. Her own mum made a joke about how her daughter could have lived till 90, old and grey, and would still be sitting there saying she wanted to die. How is that funny?

No mention in all these tabloids about how the world treats autistic people like Callie. Perhaps they should open their eyes to the fact that autistic people are left behind in every aspect of life, and recognise that poor girl was living in a world not designed for her needs. She was not sad for no reason.

When people are remembered in full, rather than in fragments to suit an agenda of demonisation and prevention strategies, I think that tributes would be a lovely thing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Jumper Geo, Ἡγησίας and 4 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Depends on if I want to, probably better than what would happen if I don't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and Miss_Takes
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Doubt if anyone would bother for me, which I'd prefer anyway.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Jumper Geo, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No. Many people die every day and most of them go unnoticed. The people featured in videos tend to be there because either them or their deaths were/are well-known. I am a nobody.

Here is one of the comments in the second video: "Did anyone else happen to notice how attractive & talented all these people were? Now, they're gone. Forever. No words for that." This is just a single comment to be fair and cannot be used to generalise how everyone feels, but still: if this is the criteria that some use to judge whether or not a suicide is a tragedy then count me out, because I am not pretty, popular or important.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Bigpink and 3 others