marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Have you made any posts of your reasons and where you are at in life? Interested to hear your story, seems you have things pretty well together from having an apartment, fully furnished with game consoles and such, maybe if it's work related or family related then that's understandable I guess. Just curious is all how you came to be in this position.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/older-members-30.1157/page-3#post-326610

there some on those pages lower down
Have you made any posts of your reasons and where you are at in life? Interested to hear your story, seems you have things pretty well together from having an apartment, fully furnished with game consoles and such, maybe if it's work related or family related then that's understandable I guess. Just curious is all how you came to be in this position.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/introduce-yourself.3952/page-24#post-269293

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox and joshe
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
No energy for such things...

Reactions: Lennox and woxihuanni
AbandonedStudio

AbandonedStudio

Aug 22, 2019
I'll probably try to sell as much as possible and give it to my family because they need more money. The other stuff I'll just throw in the garbage because otherwise my mother would get emotionally attached to some leftover junk.

Reactions: Lennox and SelfHatingAspie
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
I'm already in the process of purging a lot of the crap I've accumulated, starting with junking or recycling the stuff that is absolute crap and/or low value random chattels.

The next step is to go through my unfinished projects (motorbike, a couple of vintage computers, some electronic stuff) and either sell them off or give them to people that I feel would finish them with the same amount of care that I was going to.

The next step after that would be to go through whatever's left to either sell, give to friends or donate to charity. Stuff like records, books, my good clothes etc.

The final step would be to sell my share portfolio to save my wife the hassle of having to deal with it once I'm gone. Wifey gets the house, along with a couple of life insurance policies I took out years ago that cover ctb.

I don't think anyone is going to want my car after I've finished with it. It's worth hardly anything as it is, and nobody wants a car that someone died (and possibly shat themselves) in. I guess that's one less thing I need to sell before I ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox and AbandonedStudio
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
I'm planning to make my exit look like an accident so this is not an option I guess.

Reactions: Lennox and Baskol1
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
No..I just dont have the energy.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Lennox and Baskol1
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I've thrown away/sold about half of my stuff in the last few months. If i weren't strapped for cash i'd probably have alot less need to do so. Problem is the things i keep for last are the most expensive/dear to me. It's also very hard to have to work on a "dead" project in order to sell it for decent money... Every time i'm working on it i imagine what it'd be like if i had the money,energy to make it true. Only to realise there's no way it's going to happen. Fuck me... I think way too much about what i'm leaving behind.

Reactions: Lennox and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
W

welshie84

Student
Jul 17, 2019
In my case, my work tools are my most valued (and expensive) possessions. I can hardly see myself selling them. But If I leave it to my relatives to deal with they might be dupped into selling them at a much lower price than they're worth or even giving them away (I also have electronic parts that are worth a sizable amount). And I know my mom could use the money.
Write a list of what you own, and what its worth and leave it for you family. That's what I'm doing.
My car is currently for sale as transfer of ownership after death is tricky. Everything else I will list, and put its value.

Reactions: Lennox
Lennox

Lennox

No alarms, and no surprises...
Jul 21, 2019
Write a list of what you own, and what its worth and leave it for you family. That's what I'm doing.
My car is currently for sale as transfer of ownership after death is tricky. Everything else I will list, and put its value.
Yes, others gave me similar advice, I think this is exactly what I'll do.

C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
I plan to leave a list of possessions saying which are worth something and saying how to sell them.