P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I'm just wondering what will happen if i go to a forest to ctb. Will my parents file a missing persons report? (I live with them.). Can my car be tracked? Will my phone be tracked if it is on airplane mode and/or off? I'm thinking I'm going to say I'm going to a friends house overnight and then leave my phone at home just in case and head to a National forest to hang myself. But I'm wondering 1) if my location can be tracked from my car (I have a GPS), 2) what will happen once I'm missing for longer than expected. Will my parents file a missing persons report and is it possible my body won't ever be found?

Reactions: Circles
ralphnol

ralphnol

Aug 25, 2019
well, by the time you are tracked, you´ll probably be dead wont you? you can say you are going to travel. Cant you?
EDIT:
yeah, tis possible your body wont be found, but very unlikely.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Not sure what country you live in so this answer maybe irrelevant. A few rental car companies have GPS trackers so when you go past the rental agreement they will come looking for the car. If you have a GPS in your car, its a receiver rather than a transmitter so may not help in locating you. But without clues, its going to be difficult to find the car or your body unless random luck comes into play. Even with your phone, if you are in an area of no service they cannot pinpoint you as you need to be connected to a cell tower for them to be able to know a rough idea of your location.

Reactions: Powderedmonster
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
None of us can predict what your parents will do, but if they are normal people and you just randomly disappear, it's probably a safe bet they will file a missing persons report.

Your body will probably eventually be discovered. It's really hard to vanish with no trace, unless someone else is involved to dispose of remains and stuff or you are extremely isolated and uncared for.

Even in places like Aokigahara in Japan, bodies get found. Even if nobody is specifically looking for you, there's always a chance someone will find you anyway. If you can get there, there's no guarantee someone else won't in the future.

Reactions: Powderedmonster