• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
Suicide trends on the rise, technology and AI evolving, civilizations collapsing. Do you guys think someone will invent a quick, reliable, painless way to commit suicide soon?
With all my dreams of guillotines and guns, I sometimes feel like I might never find the courage to do it if it's not something flawless. I'm the kind of person who overthinks, is careful about everything and used to be even a little bit hypochondriac. I obsess over everything that could go wrong about every method and the though of experiencing pain or dying slowly(like with N) is something that has me horrified.
If I don't manage to pair up with another engineer or two to design the perfect method, I am afraid I might end up just rotting away, waiting and hoping for a good method to be invented and made accessible. This is a scary thought for me.

Lucas

Lucas

May 26, 2018
I think N still is the safest way to go since it is the most documented and they wouldn't kill pets with it if it included suffering.

Reactions: dano6533
YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
It's one thing to invent something, quite another thing to make it accessible. We currently have suicide pods right now that you can go into, lie down, press a button, and kill yourself using liquid nitrogen. It's expensive as hell, but it's there. Unfortunately, with the current state of affairs suicide will unlikely enter the mainstream in our lifetimes. Not even terminally ill people can legally end their lives in most of this world. Ergo, any inventions will only be available to a select few in the forseeable future.

Reactions: dano6533 and dhk96
nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
It's one thing to invent something, quite another thing to make it accessible. We currently have suicide pods right now that you can go into, lie down, press a button, and kill yourself using liquid nitrogen. It's expensive as hell, but it's there. Unfortunately, with the current state of affairs suicide will unlikely enter the mainstream in our lifetimes. Not even terminally ill people can legally end their lives in most of this world. Ergo, any inventions will only be available to a select few in the forseeable future.
Yes, but maybe someone invents something 'sneaky' which can be put together with a 3D printer and running some program.

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
Yes, but maybe someone invents something 'sneaky' which can be put together with a 3D printer and running some program.
It's possible, but still someways off because before that happens, 3D printing will have to become more affordable for the average consumer.