awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
That shits not cool if so. I'm thinking gun method in mouth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marauder, TheEndisNear121200, Wraith and 1 other person
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Yes... Sorry to say, but that's part of the preparation. Close family almost always ids the body.

• Aww..
Reactions: TheEndisNear121200, demuic and Wraith
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Wtf. Why? A parent shouldn't have to view their son who blew his head off. Theres nothing to view anymore.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Generally, the coroner will cover up as much of the gore as possible. If you go through the mouth, you should have enough face remaining that it shouldn't take more than a second or your dad to recognize you. The top of your head will be "draped," which is med-speak for covered with a cloth.

They may also be able to identify you through tattoos or other body markings if there's not enough head left.

The purpose of the identification is not to be cruel and the coroner does this every day with other deaths, too, like car accidents, drownings, and fires.

Reactions: _Kaira_ and Antigonish
M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020
Is it possible to avoid this by leaving my identification card next to my body? So police can identify me themselve?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Kaira_
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Is it possible to avoid this by leaving my identification card next to my body? So police can identify me themselve?

I doubt it. That doesn't prove your identity.

Reactions: _Kaira_
M

Marauder

Sep 9, 2020
I doubt it. That doesn't prove your identity.
Damn that is too bad since my method is shot behind the ear with 357 magnum.
Try to google: "357 mag lawyer suicide"

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020

Why do you think it would make a difference according to your method? If you place an i.d. card beside you, that could be anybody's i.d. card. It is the face, body, distinguishing marks (tattoos, scars etc.,) or dna that would identify your body 100%.

There were witnesses to the Suicide. Will you have witnesses and will you broadcast your suicide?

Last edited:
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
My step dad had to ID his dad when he shotgunned himself. Just found him near headless in their bathroom. That's usually how it goes down I think. You pull the trigger and someone you live with one way or another finds it

• Aww..
Reactions: Marauder and x~Sophia~x
M

Marauder

Sep 9, 2020
Why do you think it would make a difference according to your method? If you place an i.d. card beside you, that could be anybody's i.d. card. It is the face, body, distinguishing marks (tattoos, scars etc.,) or dna that would identify your body 100%.

There were witnesses to the Suicide. Will you have witnesses and will you broadcast your suicide?
Apart from ID I am also planning to leave my gun licence so they could check serial number of the gun with the gun licence and that could help to identify me as well. At least I hope so.
Is there anything to do to help identify body to police and avoid my relatives to do so? Maybe some kind of note could help

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Apart from ID I am also planning to leave my gun licence so they could check serial number of the gun with the gun licence and that could help to identify me as well. At least I hope so.
Is there anything to do to help identify body to police and avoid my relatives to do so? Maybe some kind of note could help

Nothing! Your next of kin will be asked to identify you. If your head/face is disfigured beyond recognition, you will be identified by any distinguishable marks/scars/tattoos, or possibly dna.
Nothing! Your next of kin will be asked to identify you. If your head/face is disfigured beyond recognition, you will be identified by any distinguishable marks/scars/tattoos, or possibly dna.

How would a gun licence help to identify you? You could shoot someone else and place YOUR i.d. by their body.

Last edited: