rikamonie

rikamonie

Experienced
Jun 3, 2020
will your suicide be a shock to your family? do they think youre happy? or are they expecting it?

for me i think my family wont be expecting me to do that.. they know i was upset but they kind of think im doing better and am ok and happy now.. i think it will come as a shock to them when they find me so it feels alot harder to do it ): what about everyone else?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Jack4230, Deleted member 14386, TheSoulless and 8 others
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I don't think my family will be shocked. They know I've been depressed for a long time.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: wtch-hunt, heraclitus, Anthagonos and 2 others
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
My parents will be very shocked and devastated and my father probably will cbt as a result of that. I'm his only child and he himself has struggled with depression and god knows what else all his life. He always says I'm the only good thing he ever made in life and my suicide would leave him with nothing and no-one left to live for...

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Ktmnny, idontevenknowanymore, Jack4230 and 13 others
TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Waiting for the worms to come
Jul 4, 2020
will your suicide be a shock to your family? do they think youre happy? or are they expecting it?

for me i think my family wont be expecting me to do that.. they know i was upset but they kind of think im doing better and am ok and happy now.. i think it will come as a shock to them when they find me so it feels alot harder to do it ):
I'm in the same boat. I guess they think I'm getting better because I stopped talking about my depression to avoid hearing about their illogical pro-life bullshit.

• Love
Reactions: kovkay, rikamonie, casctb and 2 others
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
No. Everyone in my family knows I'm not doing well and are disappointed that I haven't bounced back yet. My mental health crisis has unfortunately been very obvious this past year and it's actually highlighted some of my depressed behavior in the past. I'll just be a bipolar statistic.

My brothers will be sad but no one will be surprised. Couldn't even manage to pretend to be okay. I feel pretty pathetic about that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kassender, Sensei, voyager and 5 others
J

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jul 8, 2020
They probably won't be but they should. They've known I have mental illness for years

Reactions: rikamonie and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
For me, yes.
My parents would be surprised - my mom would be devastated, and my dad will be confused yet indifferent
because he is a hardcore believer of buddhism and despite me trying to showcase him what my emotional suffering is like, he is basically like a wall, you talk to him and you get no response, he'd tell you "put water next to your doorway if you consider suicide", to prevent it of course, due to superstition.

I've told my dad that I'm suicidal and suicidal planning, he just doesn't get it.
If anything, he'd even have English problems collecting my dead corpse in NZ because they never bothered learning English.

It's funny because I'm not a fan of suicide, I try to make sure it is my last resort.
Despite the shitty situation I have experienced and currently still experiencing the aftermath,
I'm going to aim to be positive and remain positive for a couple months and see how things are and evaluate again.
To be honest, if a person can find ways to get things under control, either physical and mental aspect of things,
get a sense of contentment, then it's worth it to be alive.

I feel like my dad is either having intellectual obstacles to understand suicide or he thinks I won't act on it.
I try to stay positive as much as possible but obviously if I'm done, then I'm done.
It's hard to distinguish what is impulsive and what is not, when you are in the middle of a hurricane.
I encourage everyone to think long and hard, regardless.

TLDR:
Yes, my mom will be devasted, I speculate she would definitely suffer from depression and some chances of following my path of suicide.
I perceive my dad not having the intellectual capacity to understands my suicide, he'll likely just be puzzled and be like there's nothing we can do.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Jack4230, Sensei, heraclitus and 5 others
F

FadingAway

Jun 22, 2020
Yes. They don't understand the extent of my mental illness and how awful antipsychotics really make me feel

• Hugs
Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
They know I'm depressed and have suicidal thoughts, I just don't know if they actually believe it's a possibility though. People can know you're hurting and still expect you to go on enduring it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jack4230, Arvinneedstodie, Djfrend and 7 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Not a shock no, they'll be devastated though

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: heraclitus, rikamonie and KleinerWolf
the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
my family are aware of my rejection of existence, though as far as i can tell they doubt i would actually go through with killing myself. i imagine it will come as a devastating blow to my mother and siblings, though not too surprising, given my struggles with life throughout the years and vocality about my desire to die.

• Love
Reactions: heraclitus, ERASED, rikamonie and 1 other person
WillOxyWork

WillOxyWork

Student
Jul 4, 2020
They will surely be devastated, but I'm not sure if they'll be shocked. They know I'm the most depressed I've been in ages, but I can't be open about how suicidal I am, because they would instantly send me to an inpatient unit. It's so hard when I can't be fully honest with them about how I feel.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I think they probably will be pretty shocked. Mainly because I've never really talked to them about the fact that I'm depressed and want to ctb. I don't think they'll care too much but they won't expect it that's for sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jack4230, CarbonMonoxide and rikamonie
G

GrassFields

May 11, 2020
Whether I let my disease get the best of me, opt for MAID, or CTB on my own terms, I know my family will be devastated. Shock, in the sense of my loss long before anyone (including myself) had imagined, will be there. There definitely wouldn't be a surprise element stemming form either of the 3 options since I would consult my family and want them close to me when it all happens.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heraclitus, KleinerWolf and rikamonie
Mr.Mediocre

Mr.Mediocre

Jun 25, 2020
100% but i don't care. Only will feel slightly bad for my mom because she genuinely tried but ultimately I never had the potential to succeed in this godforsaken hell anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jack4230, heraclitus, ERASED and 1 other person
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
Yes my family knows. I've had 2 suicide attempts which lead me in hospitals. So yeah they know. Plus I talk about dieing to them alot. No secret here.

• Hugs
Reactions: heraclitus, KleinerWolf and rikamonie
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
devastated. im my family's favorite, everyone in my family (aunts uncles ect ect) loves me.

it would make me feel better but now im just really sad. its going to happen, but when i think about them i get second thoughts. i think ill wait until my grandma passes. terrible thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, KleinerWolf and rikamonie
Abused and Suicidal

Abused and Suicidal

Mar 23, 2020
My dad will be surprised, but my mother knows. I guess she'll still be shocked, but I told her outright I was going to kill myself, I even told her my plan in a moment of weakness, guess she thinks I want attention.

• Aww..
Reactions: ERASED, rikamonie and KiraComplex
rikamonie

rikamonie

Experienced
Jun 3, 2020
i relate to alot of peoples posts here, my friend told my mum that i was going to kill myself, then i guess she told my grandparents, nothing really came of it so i guess they think i was overreacting and have gotten over it. i hate people in this world, they never take it seriously until it happens, im greatful that they didnt.. because i dont want to be watched ofcourse but still they will act like they didnt expect it

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LostAllHope7651, KleinerWolf, ERASED and 1 other person
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
My family would be very shocked if they found out. I come off as an okay father with a slight alcohol problem, not as a depressed suicidal maniac. My plan is for them to never find out that I left them on purpose.

That's why I plan on committing suicide in a part of my country far from them. It's a wilderness full of mountains, caverns, predators and scavengers. By the time anyone finds me I'll be bare bones. Just another victim of nature.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and rikamonie
D

death unto me

Jun 26, 2020
Definitely, my parents would be devastated. I don't think they actually have any idea of my deteriorating mental health because I never talked to them about it and for them as long as you're getting good grades you're good (typical asian family).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Beachedwhale, Jack4230, heraclitus and 5 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Definitely, my parents would be devastated. I don't think they actually have any idea of my deteriorating mental health because I never talked to them about it and for them as long as you're getting good grades you're good (typical asian family).

ahh this is extremely relatable! We don't talk about mental health, only school & work:notsure:

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Grades, oh the mighty grades. It was the same when I was growing up. I'm not Asian but this happens a lot in the world. Grades give you superpowers apparently.

Reactions: Jack4230, rikamonie, death unto me and 2 others
kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
Yes it will be a shock. My parents think I have gotten better but I just stopped talking to them about it because it brings discomfort to both parties involved. I don't think there is anything I can do to soften the blow either, apart from writing an apology in my suicide note.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mixo, Tabbyql, rikamonie and 4 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
yes, they'll be shocked but move on in time.

• Hugs
Reactions: rikamonie
Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
I don't think my family will be shocked. They know I've been depressed for a long time.
I dont know if my family will be shocked or not. But they know I dont feel ok.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Won't be a shock to anyone close. They will however act shocked. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, KleinerWolf and Anthagonos
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
There will definitely be an element of shock but I don't think it'll be a huge amount. They know of my thoughts and how I've been feeling. Old friends and acquaintances will be more shocked I think.

• Hugs
Reactions: Anthagonos, Mixo and KleinerWolf
W

Willbegonesoon

M/38
Aug 13, 2020
My parents will be shocked. They have no clue about how I really feel.
My wife knows that I had suicidal thoughts but probably she thinks I'm better now because I stopped talking about it months ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
LostAllHope7651

LostAllHope7651

Unsure what’s the point anymore.. life is so hard
Feb 15, 2020
It's so sad to see names crossed out

• Hugs
Reactions: Jack4230, VIBRITANNIA, KleinerWolf and 1 other person