rainonme

rainonme

May 22, 2020
Especially as a young female. I'm 19.

Has anyone ever been questioned for trying to buy rope? I don't want anything to happen. I want to be prepared. Maybe I could buy a plant too? I'm not sure.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I doubt it. If they ask, just don't answer, or say, "I've already got it covered, thanks." It's none of their business. Their business is to sell things. Or ask them, "Would you ask a man why he's buying tampons?" :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, madbananas, lostangel and 2 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Are you questioned if you buy a grill and charcoal? Are you questioned by buying household products to do a detergent death? Most often than not the answer is going to be 'No'. The same applies to purchasing a rope. There are thousands of applicable reasons why you would buy a rope. Retail workers don't give a shit. They just want to finish their work day.

Reactions: starshotplagues, autumnal, lostangel and 2 others
rainonme

rainonme

May 22, 2020
Are you questioned if you buy a grill and charcoal? Are you questioned by buying household products to do a detergent death? Most often than not the answer is going to be 'No'. The same applies to purchasing a rope. There are thousands of applicable reasons why you would buy a rope. Retail workers don't give a shit. They just want to finish their work day.
Thanks for snapping me back to reality!

• Love
Reactions: autumnal, Soul and GoodPersonEffed
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Well, I'd you are concerned do it just like every teenage boy buying condoms, hidden among other things.

Reactions: autumnal
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020

Has anyone ever been questioned for trying to buy rope? I don't want anything to happen. I want to be prepared. Maybe I could buy a plant too? I'm not sure.
By some pvc plumbing fixtures and some plumbers dope as well. Suspicious oppressive nanny state crap averted.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Sometimes someone tries to make casual conversation by talking about a product you are buying but for the most part no one cares what you are buying or why. They are simply waiting for the day to be over so they can go home.

Reactions: autumnal, x-Ace-x and pete_x
IAmSam

IAmSam

Student
Apr 13, 2020
Im in hospitalization and I use frequently a rope to try partitial or just to strangle myself. The nurses took many ropes from me. And i buy constant new ones in the same shop. Before Corona i went 4times once a week to the shop. Never got any question.

rainonme

rainonme

May 22, 2020
Im in hospitalization and I use frequently a rope to try partitial or just to strangle myself. The nurses took many ropes from me. And i buy constant new ones in the same shop. Before Corona i went 4times once a week to the shop. Never got any question.

What kind of rope is good? I don't weigh much, only around 112. Also, what stopped you? Being in the hospital? How'd you fail?

IAmSam

IAmSam

Student
Apr 13, 2020
I use a brown cord 6mm.

I never get iT right. Im never passing out. And NO. Im not being stopped due the hospitatilzation. I'll go next week with SN

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I mean I once bought a 10 kg concrete block with an intention to tie it to my neck and jump, and I was never questioned.
Even after I refused help in getting it 'delivered to my house' or whatever and just took it in my arms and left
Youll be fine. Unless you buy rope along with a saw and black garbage bags xD

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
You would be surprised by how much people don't care. They can't refuse to sell it to you. Their job is to sell things. Just say what others in the comments have mentioned. There are many uses of rope.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

These are the kind of situations where your mindset is important. Objectively, there is nothing inherently suspicious about someone buying just rope. Believe that fact in your mind, and it will come across in your demeanor. If that confidence comes across in your demeanor, there is nothing unusual for the store staff to notice.

People tend to only trip themselves up when they overthink things and appear anxious. But in the case of just rope (as opposed to buying say poison or a firearm) a customer would have to present as a pretty exaggerated stereotype of suicidality to jolt your average store worker out of their boredom and cause them to wonder. And in the case of rope, odds are any questions you do get are due to the staff either making small talk or trying to ensure you get the right variety for your needs, rather than due to any suspicion you might be using it for suicide. So it certainly doesn't hurt to have a fake intended purpose in mind in case you are asked. But this is only to put your mind at ease in the situation.

[...] Or ask them, "Would you ask a man why he's buying tampons?" :pfff:

Wait...so by the logic of that analogy, a woman buying rope could only be purchasing it for her male partner to use? :ahhha:

P.S. This is just a joke, not an attack.
By some pvc plumbing fixtures and some plumbers dope as well. [...]

Isn't cannabis just going to arouse even more suspicion? :ahhha:

Well, I'd you are concerned do it just like every teenage boy buying condoms, hidden among other things.

Hell, combine both methods and buy a bunch of condoms and some rope. Nothing suspicious there! :ahhha:

Last edited:
Reactions: Aap
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
No one will care. To calm your mind, just have a generic purpose ready to tell them.

Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018

No, they will not ask questions

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Just don't test it by wrapping it around your neck in the store, and don't make comments like "oh I won't need a receipt. If it doesn't work I'll just shoot myself" at the checkout.

D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020

I don't see why, its nobody's damn business.