• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nohw

Nohw

exitus acta probat
Feb 24, 2023
Is recovery possible for everyone? I have been in treatment since I was 12 and I have treatment resistant depression, the only time I feel hopeful and genuinely happy is when I'm having a manic episode. And honestly I'm only writing this right now because my doctor upped my meds so I feel like giving life another chance.
I have finished high school and now my next big step is to get a job and go to uni, it's my last hope honestly.
I'm still young, is this a dark time of my life or will I feel like this forever?

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
There aren't guarantees about whether adulthood will be happier or not. It does seem common that many people suffer during teen years the most though. I've never done postsecondary due to cost but if you can immerse in a passion, it may or may not conquer the depression but it can help you bear it and live with it, without so much pain. There can be many sources of hope but they don't fall in your lap if you're sitting still. Steps like those are a good idea to something hopeful appearing or being gradually built up.

Reactions: Nohw
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
"Recovery" isn't possible for everyone but it might be for you.

Reactions: Nohw
AngryDog

AngryDog

Mar 2, 2023
It depends on what you mean by "recovery". It's not always "I stopped feeling bad and now everything's gonna be fine". Rarely works that way. Sometimes it means learning how to live with those depressive episodes and not let them control you, even if sometimes they feel really REALLY strong.

My advise would be not seeing it as a "last hope". Maybe, in the worst case scenario, the depression won't go away. But that doesn't mean you can't have a good life. We all have weaknesses, but that weakness shouldn't be the only thing we are.

Good luck on your studies and job. Stay strong.

• Informative
Reactions: Citruscine and Nohw
Nohw

Nohw

exitus acta probat
Feb 24, 2023
Thank you for your words everyone. It really helped. ❤