N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think I am not the only person with that question in mind since the recent events. Personally I was not that scared about getting a welfare check due to the fact I never ordered SN. Inter alia because of such scenarios. I think I will ctb in the end and I planned to commit suicide with SN maybe I will have to change my plans. Suicide seems to become more and more difficult. I really feel trapped without any escape.

I was quite shocked when I read some threads. Like the police knocks at your door at 2 a.m. and randsacks your home. That sounds pretty scary. Personally I am pretty pretty sure this would be hellish dangerous for my mental health. My sleep rhythm is very sensitive. The stress would be unbearable. I probably had to take a break of college which would decrease my chances of recovery a lot. But well my mental health is already very fragile so I also cannot stop posting. So well I am fucked but I already knew that all along.

I am not sure but some people were forced to psych wards? I mean the members of this forum won't sympathize more with the psychiatry if they are forced to a psych ward. I was a couple of times in clinics and the environment at least in the psych ward I was in was let's say very mediocre. This is why I recommend people to go voluntary to a clinic if they want to force you. If you cooperate they will treat you way better. When I was acute suicidal I could negogiate to stay in an open clinic I am pretty glad that I succeeded due to the fact the life quality was there way better.

I don't really want to cheer on the psych ward bashing but my stay was not good. I was highly psychotic and a girl molested me at the first day and I was very anxious about all the mentally unwell people. They want to to protect acute suicidal people. But the condition of the psych ward I was in could not help me as a suicidal person at all. I mean if I want to die someone should give me a nice home, some money, yummy food and real substantial help. They will say this is not the necessary immediate help. Well I think one has to differentiate. I am suicidal since a decade. And as a former psychiatrist once said about me. "Well we cannot lock him up forever." I mean the money the state pays the psych ward, the police, maybe the fire service and the ambulance would have better been invested if they instead gave me a check 5 figures. This could postpone my suicide AND improve my life quality.

The whole thing sounds still surreal to me. I don't know how likely it is that all members get a welfare check. I was surprised someone was told that the SN is a legal substance and they tested it for him. So it is not necessarily a punishment for illegal behavior? I don't really understand their motivation. They are concerned about the well-being of the people who acquired it. But they treated the affected people very differently. I cannot imagine they would be able to give every forum member a welfare check even if they got the IP. I would also be scared about the neighbors, my family and mental stability. On the other hand I am not doing something illegal, already was a bunch of times in clinics and my life is already ruined. I think it would cost a lot of resources to trace all members of this forum. Then they had to differentiate between the behavior of all members and treat everyone from case to case.

I cannot rule it out. But I don't expect it to happen. I cannot change it anyway. At least for me such a welfare check would not help at all. Quite the opposite.

• Love
Reactions: Unending, wiltingorchid, Dead Ghost and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree with so much you have written.

I did get a check and I've had two conversations with the crisis team. Honestly- it's been VERY unsettling. I shouldn't say 'awful' because some people have had FAR worse experiences but it has felt awful for me. I've never had any dealings with the police before.

The police in particular were really nice and reasonable I have to say. The crisis team people really weren't though (in my opinion.) I felt/feel like I'm just a problem for them now- because I'm on their radar and I won't promise not to CTB in the future. I've made it clear that I'm not in any danger now- and I'm not.

All I really got from our conversations was annoyance from them. I don't want to lie. Neither do I want to give up my SN. I just want them to respect our LEGAL rights to choose. Suicide IS legal. SN IS legal in my country- hence- they couldn't take it.

Plus- I believe I'm of sound mind. That's what frightened me the most- she mentioned mental capacity... if they'd tried to section me- or- still try to- I'm not sure what I'd do. Maybe try and get legal representation. I'm really hoping they just drop it now but I'm very on edge. I wonder if you can take any kind of mental capacity test if it comes to that.

Plus, the neighbours know something- they went there first! I'm a really private person. This has been awful for me but there we go- done now- just have to work with whatever comes next.

I don't know. On the one hand, I hope things just quieten down now. On the other, I catastrophize that this will have changed everything now. Now that's on my record. Not for employers to see but I'm sure healthcare people can. I feel like they're always going to be suspicious of me now- that I'll do it and show them up.

That's all it feels like (to me.) It isn't care or concern about the individual. It's ALL about what it would do to them professionally and our families. She even said- 'Think about what it would do to your family!' Like I haven't! It's why I'm still here. I've had ideation for 33 years for God's sake. To be kind of fair- they don't know that. I haven't given them the chance. I've told them twice that I don't require their services. All you get is blunt questions though- all of them are clearly just fear and anger that you're going to rebel against the system and do it.

As for- will everyone here get a wellfare check? I mean- I would have said no but then- I was sure they wouldn't hunt down all of IC's customers. I still find it kind of unlikely that- just for being here, people would get checked. I imagine actions towards sourcing a method exposes people the most.

I'm sure the only reason they've done all this is because IC is in the news. They don't want more [preventable] deaths being linked to it now that it's out in the open- so, they're pulling out all the stops. To actually check on people for what they wrote on a forum seems like a massive invasion of privacy. Still- when it comes to 'protecting people's safety', it seems they can do all sorts.

God- I hope this just all dies down. My greatest fear at the moment is SN becoming illegal, followed by the awful crisis team ringing back, followed by my neighbours asking something. Yeah- it's DEFINITELY made things far worse for me- and everyone here so far- as I can see. I can't see any evidence of people being grateful this has happened!

I actually just wish I'd lied to the police now and saved myself all this. I don't believe in lying though (not outright anyway!) Plus- I firmly feel we shouldn't have to lie. Our society shouldn't be so backward that it can't recognize that it's not outright crazy to want to kill yourself in this world! Many of us believe that our lives and right to autonomy belong to us- not God, not our families, not the damn government. I'd like to think we could have rational, open discussions but I fear the REALLY open discussions just land you medicated up to the eyeballs in a psyche ward!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: limaneta, lachrymost, Unending and 3 others
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I could if i wished but I have no economical prob;l,es,,ms i have a stable boring mobbing job job and can continnue with that Untuk retirementers. I am just undsure if I want tant.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and rationaltake

52yoandmiserable

Apr 19, 2023
"the money the state pays the psych ward, the police, maybe the fire service and the ambulance would have better been invested if they instead gave me a check 5 figures. This could postpone my suicide AND improve my life quality."

This is the best thing I have read ever.

• Love
Reactions: noname223 and Hollowman
TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I have no idea. It really depends on who you bought from and whether your details were saved. I presume KL saved a lot of people's details in a file of some sort or on paperwork. The police didn't know the dates when things had been ordered I asked and they said "we don't know when the kits were ordered" so I assume they don't have access to his emails, bank transactions and that he created a list. They might actually have those details on another thought, but just not know when KL from IC shipped the items to every person. On the delivery my name was never mentioned, I gave a false name on the delivery, yet they had my name and mobile number. So I think KL just wasn't very good at keeping things hidden, he should have realistically got rid of the evidence but it seems he didn't do a good job of it clearly.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
They just can't come to your house for anything, at least here in the US they can't. US citizens have 1st and 4th amendment rights just to name a couple. We have EVERY right to converse in a suicide forum if we choose, which is the right of association. They cannot knock on your door merely for being a member of this forum. PERIOD. And as far as SN is concerned, it is still legal last time I checked. Even the act of suicide has been decriminalized. Basically, if they show up at your door, and they don't have a warrant, you can tell them to go take a flying leap, or however you want to say the same sentiment! In the US, if they knock on your door, tell them you want to see the warrant.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I have no idea. It really depends on who you bought from and whether your details were saved. I presume KL saved a lot of people's details in a file of some sort or on paperwork. The police didn't know the dates when things had been ordered I asked and they said "we don't know when the kits were ordered" so I assume they don't have access to his emails, bank transactions and that he created a list. They might actually have those details on another thought, but just not know when KL from IC shipped the items to every person. On the delivery my name was never mentioned, I gave a false name on the delivery, yet they had my name and mobile number. So I think KL just wasn't very good at keeping things hidden, he should have realistically got rid of the evidence but it seems he didn't do a good job of it clearly.
They knew when my sn was ordered. I guess it must differ among regions or departments or something like that.