• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HwangieBoss

May 7, 2020
Last year, on January the 10th, I tried to kill myself, obviously unsuccessfully, with the exact same method. I stupidly consumed 90 of them, with nothing but water. I now know my mistake, and I feel like an idiot, but I just want advice. Should I increase the amount of tablets? Should I increase the strength of the alcohol? What month/year should I make my second overdose attempt? I was thinking I'd wait two years for my favourite artists to release concert videos, since it has been delayed due to Corona, but I'm also conflicted... I don't have much strength to continue for very long, my limit is probably up until January 1st of 2021. Please provide your own advice.

• Hugs
Reactions: SipSop and disabledandhopeless
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I don't think overdosing on prescription pills will work well even with the alcohol :aw:

Reactions: Tharik77, BeeLoyal and Lost_the_will2_live
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What are the pills, and the number of each?

Reactions: BeeLoyal, not-2-b-the-answer and autumnal
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
190 pills of ... ?

Reactions: Walilamdzi, BeeLoyal, Samsa and 2 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Last year, on January the 10th, I tried to kill myself, obviously unsuccessfully, with the exact same method. I stupidly consumed 90 of them, with nothing but water. I now know my mistake, and I feel like an idiot, but I just want advice. Should I increase the amount of tablets? Should I increase the strength of the alcohol? What month/year should I make my second overdose attempt? I was thinking I'd wait two years for my favourite artists to release concert videos, since it has been delayed due to Corona, but I'm also conflicted... I don't have much strength to continue for very long, my limit is probably up until January 1st of 2021. Please provide your own advice.

You fail to mention what the pills are, but as a general rule it is very difficult to overdose on most prescription medications.

Your asking readers what date they think you should suicide again, and your comments about wanting to wait for concert videos, suggests you aren't fully committed to the idea of suicide. Please don't rush into doing anything unless you are totally sure it is what you want to do. Right now you seem very conflicted about it.

Reactions: x-Ace-x, SipSop, Tharik77 and 3 others
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
If you are really serious, do your research. It's evident that overdosing on pills has a miniscule chance of success, to such a degree that I genuinely can't take "suicide attempts" by overdosing (most of the time even with over-the-counter shit) seriously at this point. It's either to send out a message, like a cry for help, or worse, simply to get attention. May sound harsh but it is what it is. The only reason I would swallow a bunch of pills is to get a week off work to chill at home and get sympathy from my collegues after spouting everywhere that I was oh-so-intent on commiting suicide. If I actually wanted to die I'd use a method with a higher success rate than 2%.

Reactions: SipSop, BeeLoyal, Lost_the_will2_live and 1 other person
Erase.myself

Erase.myself

My body is a prison
Jan 4, 2020
I agree with what the other members have previously said. OD on pills and alcohol is a very unreliable method. Also, I know nothing about the name of the pills or the mgs. I've tried to OD before (very impulsively after my twin died) when I was very intoxicated on alcohol...took several 2mg Klonopin (benzo) and ended up in ICU for 3 days... feeling like shit then sent off to psych.

I suggest if you really want to ctb then you do research on reliable methods. There's a resource thread on this forum. I also feel like you are having some ambivalence on wanting to catch the bus, since you mentioned waiting for two years ....in order to see concerts.

Personally, I am sad that Bright Eyes had to reschedule their tour due to Covid, as I was supposed to see them in three weeks. But, I am not waiting to ctb in order to see them live, as I'm ctb on Monday. I'll have to enjoy them on Youtube.

Please give yourself some more time, patience, and put more thought into what you want to do. I am sorry that you are in pain and I'm sending you hugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal
H

HwangieBoss

May 7, 2020
I agree with what the other members have previously said. OD on pills and alcohol is a very unreliable method. Also, I know nothing about the name of the pills or the mgs. I've tried to OD before (very impulsively after my twin died) when I was very intoxicated on alcohol...took several 2mg Klonopin (benzo) and ended up in ICU for 3 days... feeling like shit then sent off to psych.

I suggest if you really want to ctb then you do research on reliable methods. There's a resource thread on this forum. I also feel like you are having some ambivalence on wanting to catch the bus, since you mentioned waiting for two years ....in order to see concerts.

Personally, I am sad that Bright Eyes had to reschedule their tour due to Covid, as I was supposed to see them in three weeks. But, I am not waiting to ctb in order to see them live, as I'm ctb on Monday. I'll have to enjoy them on Youtube.

Please give yourself some more time, patience, and put more thought into what you want to do. I am sorry that you are in pain and I'm sending you hugs.
I'm not conflicted about killing myself. It's a definite, and tied to the conditions and constraints of a certain time-frame passing, instead of a certain emotional state leaving me.

Reactions: SipSop
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I think the OP has moved on to other methods and we'll never know what the pills are.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: KiraLittleOwl, HwangieBoss and Erase.myself
H

HwangieBoss

May 7, 2020
I think the OP has moved on to other methods and we'll never know what the pills are.
Have not moved on, simply picked two backup methods.
I can't name the pills because I removed them from their packets and they're three or four separate brands/types. I keep them all in one separate box.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Have not moved on, simply picked two backup methods.

I can't name the pills because I removed them from their packets and they're three or four separate brands/types. I keep them all in one separate box.
Well just know it's highly highly unlikely you will be successful with this.

Reactions: HwangieBoss
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Most of the "unsafe" meds that you can kill yourself by overdose aren't prescribed much anymore. Especially psych meds.

That being said, I once found a gastroenterologist who prescribed me amitriptyline for irritable bowel. True story. Those tricyclics can kill you via easy overdose.

Reactions: SipSop and HwangieBoss
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Most of the "unsafe" meds that you can kill yourself by overdose aren't prescribed much anymore. Especially psych meds.

That being said, I once found a gastroenterologist who prescribed me amitriptyline for irritable bowel. True story. Those tricyclics can kill you via easy overdose.
But even then – to make it peaceful you would need a cocktail of drugs.

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
True. Anyone seeking a peaceful death shouldn't OD on tricyclics.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: autumnal, Erase.myself, a.n.kirillov and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019

If you can't name them then you shouldn't even consider this method.

only a very small number of prescribed medications can actually kill you, and even those are not exactly the most reliable method. alcohol won't make a difference and could complicate the process because of the increased risk of vomiting.

Reactions: Yomyom, autumnal, Erase.myself and 1 other person
H

HwangieBoss

May 7, 2020
If you can't name them then you shouldn't even consider this method.

only a very small number of prescribed medications can actually kill you, and even those are not exactly the most reliable method. alcohol won't make a difference and could complicate the process because of the increased risk of vomiting.
Alcohol speeds up the decomposition of tablets within the stomach acid.
Deceleration Trauma / Cement Poisoning works. If from a high enough height.
Thank you.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Unlikely, not impossible. Plus doesn't the fact they're all different brands increase my chances?

I get the sense that no matter how many people say to not try it, you've got your mind made up to try it. I could be wrong, I don't know you, it just feels like that's the direction you're heading by trying come up with rationalizations, such as combining meds by different manufacturers. But you may have a source for that info, I could be the one in error.

As you said, you want a death that works.

Only you can decide what risks you want to take and are worthy of taking. So far the odds are higher that you'll end up in an emergency room than, you know, in the ground. Without the pill names, there's no way to do the research you need to make an informed decision, and that's a risk. The attempt won't work because you really want it to, and I'm not being a condescending asshole by saying that, it's just the way folks in general sometimes view things when they're feeling desperate and seeking a way out, hoping that the small chance of success will be in their favor.

Perhaps you can research online each pill. The Physician's Desk Reference helps to identify pills with photos, so maybe there's an online resource. Say that you know a pill is a trycyclic, you can look up photos of tricyclics and try to identify the pill, dosage, and manufacturer. From there, you can research drug interactions, alcohol interactions, reported deaths by combinations, etc.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Yomyom, Erase.myself, Soul and 1 other person
H

HwangieBoss

May 7, 2020
I get the sense that no matter how many people say to not try it, you've got your mind made up to try it. I could be wrong, I don't know you, it just feels like that's the direction you're heading by trying come up with rationalizations, such as combining meds by different manufacturers. But you may have a source for that info, I could be the one in error.

As you said, you want a death that works.

Only you can decide what risks you want to take and are worthy of taking. So far the odds are higher that you'll end up in an emergency room than, you know, in the ground. Without the pill names, there's no way to do the research you need to make an informed decision, and that's a risk. The attempt won't work because you really want it to, and I'm not being a condescending asshole by saying that, it's just the way folks in general sometimes view things when they're feeling desperate and seeking a way out, hoping that the small chance of success will be in their favor.

Perhaps you can research online each pill. The Physician's Desk Reference helps to identify pills with photos, so maybe there's an online resource. Say that you know a pill is a trycyclic, you can look up photos of tricyclics and try to identify the pill, dosage, and manufacturer. From there, you can research drug interactions, alcohol interactions, reported deaths by combinations, etc.
I've read exactly twenty news articles that confirm my message that you've quoted within your reply. Of course I have proof.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Deceleration Trauma / Cement Poisoning works. If from a high enough height.

Never heard of this (these?). If you're interested in educating people about this, I think it would be of value to do a site search and bump existing threads, adding your knowledge in new comments, or starting a new thread if there's no site info (two threads if those are two methods).

• Love
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Sorry, it was a flippant remark. I'm referring to jumping from a tall building. It's not the fall that kills you, rather, the sudden stop at the end.

• Wow
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I've read exactly twenty news articles that confirm my message that you've quoted within your reply. Of course I have proof.

No offense intended. When you've been on the site a little bit, you'll see that folks say a lot of things they think but have no proof for. If you have such proof it's a welcome rarity, and would be of value to the forum if you have the sources saved and would share them.
Sorry, it was a flippant remark. I'm referring to jumping from a tall building. It's not the fall that kills you, rather, the sudden stop at the end.

I love smart humor! I'm a bit lacking on science and engineering smarts, though. I get it now, deceleration trauma is darkly hilarious.

• Hugs
Reactions: Winston, Erase.myself, TowerUpright and 1 other person
H

HwangieBoss

May 7, 2020
No offense intended. When you've been on the site a little bit, you'll see that folks say a lot of things they think but have no proof for. If you have such proof it's a welcome rarity, and would be of value to the forum if you have the sources saved and would share them.
Sources are saved on my old smartphone, which is broken currently. Once my debit card gets unblocked, I shall purchase replacement screen glass and you can receive the links approximately one week (or a week and a half) afterwards. Anyways, I'm going to bed now. I'll talk as soon as possible. Sleep well GPE (your username initials). bye

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Let me just call bullshit on all of this. A large number of pills will often form a clump in the stomach, which dissolves very slowly and slows gastric emptying. Alcohol doesn't change this. The fact you won't even mention what they are indicates this is bullshit. It is exceedingly, and I mean exceedingly, easy to search for an unknown pill via google. You are wasting everyone's time with a bs post and spreading just flagrant misinformation as stated above.

Reactions: Oh_dear_how_Gastly and Reiraku
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Let me just call bullshit on all of this. A large number of pills will often form a clump in the stomach, which dissolves very slowly and slows gastric emptying. Alcohol doesn't change this. The fact you won't even mention what they are indicates this is bullshit. It is exceedingly, and I mean exceedingly, easy to search for an unknown pill via google. You are wasting everyone's time with a bs post and spreading just flagrant misinformation as stated above.

I don't recall anyone here claiming misinformation, maybe I overlooked it, but this thread just seems...off. Combined with the other threads posted today, I'm as confused as I was from the OP of this thread, even more so.

I'm feeling uncomfortable, so I'm going to step out of the thread and others by this poster, as I think our individual ways of communicating and viewing things are going to clash, but I sincerely wish him/her this best in whatever they seek that causes no harm to others.

Reactions: laserfocus111, Oh_dear_how_Gastly and Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Alcohol speeds up the decomposition of tablets within the stomach acid.

it also irritates the stomach lining, increases the production of stomach acid and is interpreted by the body as a toxin even at low quantities. this is why you vomit when consuming alcohol.

and if this wasn't enough, you are also consuming a very large amount of unknown pills. you WILL vomit if you are not using an antiemetic with whatever this method is.

Reactions: autumnal and GoodPersonEffed
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'm specifically referring to the claim by OP that alcohol will prevent 190 pills from clumping and the general idea of tak8ng 190 unknown pills is a sensible approach. The posts are indeed "off." I frequent a much different, and much more chaotic, board, and everything the OP has posted is shill 101.

I agree with you, I'm out of this as well.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed