O

onlyme

May 19, 2020
Why is that if you don't conform to what society classes as normal or if you have different interests to them you're considered boring, dull and weird?

Why is it that if you make decision that relatives (parents especially) don't agree with, it's always the wrong decision and you aren't trying hard enough or doing the right thing?

Why is it that if you are content with your life and it's not what people expect of you, they try to force you into their way of contentment and tell you that you're alway wrong because they can't use you to brag and say "What an amazing family I have, they are all successful/wealthy/mirror images of me and oh so perfect".

Why is it so hard to accept people as they are and if you don't like it, go back to your own life and just leave them alone. Why do people take enjoyment on making things unnecessarily hard for others that are different from them.

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, ssaaahmo, Bct and 3 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Why is that if you don't conform to what society classes as normal or if you have different interests to them you're considered boring, dull and weird?

Why is it that if you make decision that relatives (parents especially) don't agree with, it's always the wrong decision and you aren't trying hard enough or doing the right thing?

Why is it that if you are content with your life and it's not what people expect of you, they try to force you into their way of contentment and tell you that you're alway wrong because they can't use you to brag and say "What an amazing family I have, they are all successful/wealthy/mirror images of me and oh so perfect".

Why is it so hard to accept people as they are and if you don't like it, go back to your own life and just leave them alone. Why do people take enjoyment on making things unnecessarily hard for others that are different from them.

I and I suspect others think non conformists are interesting.
Parents can sometimes be a bit old fashioned with being a from a different generation or could just be close minded.
Some people think they know better than you and will tell you how to live your life, this doesn't always come from a bad place, some do genuinely care, but shouldn't interfere when it's not wanted.
Some people hate/dislike over stupid reasons. If someone's way of life does not harm others then who cares how you live or what you do. Unfortunately some people get triggered over stupid things that don't concern them and it's probably through prejudice.

Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I think because being a non-conformist makes people hardly relate to us, especially if our interest isn't something that people generally see as cool (think about anime, games, nerd stuffs).

Some parents are still close-minded, thinking the world still acts the same as their time. Well, even their circumstances could be different than most people at that time, yet still thinking everybody is same.

For the rests, it's basically what @terry_a_davis said