• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
CDC

Suicide and Suicide Attempts Take an Enormous Toll on Society
  • Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death among Americans.1
  • Nearly 45,000 people died by suicide in 2016.1
  • An estimated 1.3 million people made a suicide attempt in the past year.2
  • Almost 10 million adults reported having serious thoughts about suicide in the past year.2
  • Suicide and self-harm injuries cost society about $70 billion a year in combined medical and work loss costs.1
Survivors
  • A survivor of suicide is a family member or friend of a person who died by suicide.
  • Surviving the loss of loved one to suicide is a risk factor for suicide.3
  • Surviving family members and close friends are deeply impacted by each suicide and experience a range of complex grief reactions, including, guilt, anger, abandonment, denial, helplessness, and shock.4,5
  • No exact figure exists, but it is estimated that between 6 and 32 survivors exist for each suicide, depending on the definition used.6
  • According to another estimate, approximately 7% of the U.S. population knew someone who died by suicide during the past 12 months.7

• SPRC

• The average cost of one suicide was $1,329,553.
    • More than 97 percent of this cost was due to lost productivity. The remaining 3 percent were costs associated with medical treatment.
    • The total cost of suicides and suicide attempts was $93.5 billion.
    • Every $1.00 spent on psychotherapeutic interventions and interventions that strengthened linkages among different care providers saved $2.50 in the cost of suicides.

Studies

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5061092/

The national cost of suicides and suicide attempts in the United States in 2013 was $58.4 billion based on reported numbers alone. Lost productivity (termed indirect costs) represents most (97.1%) of this cost. Adjustment for under‐reporting increased the total cost to $93.5 billion or $298 per capita, 2.1–2.8 times that of previous studies. Previous research suggests that improved continuity of care would likely reduce the number of subsequent suicidal attempts following a previous nonfatal attempt. We estimate a highly favorable benefit–cost ratio of 6 to 1 for investments in additional medical, counseling, and linkage services for such patients.
    - Suicide and Suicidal Attempts in the United States: Costs and Policy Implications

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5409548/

Suicide and non-fatal suicide behavior (NFSB) are significant problems faced by most countries. The objective of this research is to quantify the economic cost of suicide and NFSB in the Australian workforce and to examine the potential impact of introducing a workplace suicide prevention intervention to reduce this burden. The analysis used the best available suicide data, a well-established costing methodology, and a proven workplace intervention. In 2014, 903 workers died by suicide, 2303 workers harmed themselves resulting in full incapacity, and 11,242 workers harmed themselves resulting in a short absence from work. The present value of the economic cost of suicide and NFSB is estimated at $6.73 billion. Our analysis suggests the economic benefit of implementing a universal workplace strategy would considerably outweigh the cost of the strategy. For every one dollar invested, the benefits would be in excess of $1.50 ($1.11–$3.07), representing a positive economic investment. All variations of the key parameter hold the positive benefit-cost ratio. Rates of suicide and NFSB are far too high in Australia and elsewhere. More needs to be done to reduce this burden. Although workplace strategies are appropriate for those employed, these interventions must be used within a multifaceted approach that reflects the complex nature of self-harming behavior.
    - The Economic Cost of Suicide and Non-Fatal Suicide Behavior in the Australian Workforce and the Potential Impact of a Workplace Suicide Prevention Strategy

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07481180601187209?journalCode=udst20

These authors argue that estimates of the net economic cost of suicide should go beyond accounting for direct medical costs and indirect costs from loss of earnings by those who commit suicide. There are potential savings from (a) not having to treat the depressive and other psychiatric disorders of those who kill themselves; (b) avoidance of pension, social security and nursing home care costs; and (c) assisted-suicide. By combining all of these costs and savings, it is concluded that the net economic cost of the 30,906 completed suicides in 1990 entailed an economic gain for the society of roughly $5.07 billion in year—2005 dollars. This calculation does not include estimated costs due to the psychological pain and suffering of the survivors. Suicide should be prevented based on humane considerations, not on the economic cost involved.
    - Center for the study of suicide

They don't want you to kill yourself because you're a cost to their profits. They don't care about you. They are about the money you can make them. Never forget that.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Theres no way that my suicide is going to cost over 1,000,000. At most it will effect a few places I shop, and taxes will no longer be extracted to benefit our massive government, not just income tax.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Theres no way that my suicide is going to cost over 1,000,000. At most it will effect a few places I shop, and taxes will no longer be extracted to benefit our massive government, not just income tax.

Money value based on feeling money

CDC

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
You forgot to tell about the billions of dollars pharma companies win every year

And the job market becoming good for therapist and such, because the world is a fucked up place

And the hero complex's. You can't kill yourself becuase My feelings saying going against a value that I decided on feeling makes you mentally ill.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
That's accounting for all the monetary contributions you make to the economy throughout your life time.
I've not made that much contribution to society throughout my life because I've only been a sex worker mostly. They can't tax it but they still get the money other ways like making healthcare outrageously expensive, and rent is pretty insane, but these things would not normally be so expensive if the government wasn't involved in altering the economy. There's lots of hidden taxation besides the income tax.

AndyCurious

AndyCurious

Warlock
Sep 13, 2018
They want me alive, so I can pay debt and taxes, suffer 24/7, without enough food every month, and without enough money to get fuel, so I can drive and visit my brother, friends, get out more and so on...
Life is unfair and so hard...

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I've not made that much contribution to society throughout my life because I've only been a sex worker mostly. They can't tax it but they still get the money other ways like making healthcare outrageously expensive, and rent is pretty insane, but these things would not normally be so expensive if the government wasn't involved in altering the economy. There's lots of hidden taxation besides the income tax.

While a bit off topic. Sex work is work too. Please do not ever feel ashamed for what you have to do to survive and make a living.

Jerryman

Jerryman

Jul 19, 2018
CDC

I wouldn't say it's 10th I'd say it's number 1. All the other causes of death are with old people who are pretty much close to death naturally anyway, many of them are just unhealthy for whatever reason so have died 5 to 10 years earlier than a life expectancy of say 85 years old. The rest i.e. cancer in 40's happen but are rare compared to suicide.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Excellent thread (no pun intended), @Threads . This is indeed very true, and I definitely experienced that during all the times that I've been to therapy, counseling, and other stuff in the past. They feign compassion while in actuality, they are just going through the motions and have little vested interest in the patient. They care more about protecting their career, the institution (the industry as well as the university/college/school), and of course their own freedom (mandatory reporters).

The irony is that the people who don't want people to die, are perfectly ok with homeless people dying (might be an over-generalization - but it's something that I've put 2 and 2 together) because it isn't "suicide," but by natural causes and other causes of death. Plus, most of the homeless people don't really have much for the system to milk out of them. It seems really hypocritical that society takes this stupid stance and they don't even acknowledge their own ignorance and hypocrisy.

L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
Great post! Yup, we're just state property. The entire system is built upon contolling people by harnessing their fear of death. Suicide needs to remain a taboo. If death were made painless and suicide more common then people might stop being afraid of death overall. Which would mean game over for the ruling classes.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018

PoisedWhirlwindCaecilian-max-1mb.gif

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
That's accounting for all the monetary contributions you make to the economy throughout your life time.
I thought they meant my actual suicide cost, like crime scene clean up, clearing out my things, paying cops for the investigation, transport of my dead body to the crematory. I'm sure there's even stuff I hadn't thought about but probably covered the basics of my death cost.

FreeSisyphus

FreeSisyphus

Automaton
Nov 2, 2018
Thanks @Threads , I'm glad someone finally posted these.

Economic power has always been the guiding principle of mass morality and ethics. This is why the path to legalized suicide is to make it more expensive for healthcare companies to force someone to live than to allow them death. Non-compliance is the only valid strategy left in the kind of authoritarian system we live in.

Assisted suicide is the last major human right to be achieved. I'm convinced that we will only accomplish this end with large scale protests and economic disruption. Something on the level of the civil rights movement that would rouse the majority of the population from apathy. That being said, it's hard to see a way out considering the tools of mass propaganda and distraction working against us. How can people say we don't live in a dystopia when you can't even take your own life?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
i get that they want to profit from all angles, but they also want to control the population. im curious why the profit motive has won for now, and when that will change in favor of letting people die/straight up murder
It all starts with the sad reality that government is immoral. If some people can rule over other people and shield themselves from consequences to themselves through a government, this creates huge problems. The people hiding behind the government control the incentive structure, and this is why it's so scary. Most people are somewhere between good and evil, but with government, you can get people to behave immoral if it benefits them economically. That's probably not the greatest explanation but it's what came out at this time :) some people don't even realize that they are in jobs that don't really help society but are used as tools to further the government's agendas. Cops are an example. I'm not saying cops are all bad people but the incentives that drive them can really ruin lives. These days cops mostly work to get revenue for the state and it's not really about protecting u.

Last edited:
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
It's simple why they don't want us to die. The governments want us to be their mindless drones slaving away for them on low wages. All while keeping the stinking rich living in luxury that we ourselves can't afford.

And if we have a disease (physical or mental), we're supposed to "smile through the pain" instead of being allowed to show our depression. Otherwise it's off to the psych ward for you. Then they can virtue signal about us to stroke their saviour complex egos. The amount of meaningless and patronising platitudes they can spout to suffering people is astounding.

In the meantime, the media is trying to feed us the propaganda that we live in a Disney World. A "fair" world where "life trumps all" (even if you're a damn vegetable) and where you get "rewarded" for your hard work. It's all total and utter bullshit.

Last edited:
FreeSisyphus

FreeSisyphus

Automaton
Nov 2, 2018
The other thing that's messed up is that the simple laws of economics dictate the usefulness of keeping people alive to the corporations. Supply and demand dynamics ensure that the more lower and middle class employees are available in the job market, the lower salaries can be. The economics of scale really work in the plutocrats favor in this particular instance. History has demonstrated this fact many times; the years immediately following the Black Death in Europe saw a substantial increase in peasant wages due to the massive supply-side shortage of human capital.

Last edited:
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Glad you renewed the interest in the thread. For a long time bought into the notion of keeping the economic machine rolling. Things started to change a few years ago, after I sold out the businesses. I began to step back and really observe the situation, and I became ashamed actually. 25% of the world is trying to lose weight, the other 75% struggles to get enough food or are starving. This system is broken. The more I spoke out about it, amazingly, fewer and fewer of the old friends sought my opinion. In fact, several just avoided me. I guess disrupting the status quo is frowned upon. Now, that I near the end of my life, I truly have fear for my children and the generations to come. The intrinsic nature of man can not be held back. Power corrupts absolutely, it's intoxicating. I fell into the trap, at least now, I can be truthful to myself and others. Boy, was I wrong.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's simple why they don't want us to die. The governments want us to be their mindless drones slaving away for them for low wages. All while keeping the stinking rich living in luxury that we can't afford.

And if we have a disease (physical or mental), we're supposed to "smile through the pain" instead of being allowed to show our depression. Otherwise it's off to the psych ward for you. Then they can virtue signal about us while patronising us with their empty shit platitudes to stroke their saviour complex egos.

In the meantime, the media is trying to feed us the propaganda that we live in a Disney World. A "fair" world where "life trumps all" (even if you're a vegetable) and where you get "rewarded" for your hard work. It's all total and utter bullshit.
It doesn't have to be this way, but as long as people remain uneducated about this stuff and support the government it's never going to be a nice world for all people to live in. If a huge awakening took place it wouldn't matter because the government controls the money system and many people are unwilling to give up the benefits they receive from government. I'm not talking about just the poor people on welfare either. You have to be willing to accept that there can't be a third party between u and others, only voluntary concentual exchanges would occur in the economy. You would have to quit your cushy government job. You would have to agree that taxation is theft. You have to accept that you are responsible for protecting your family, educating your kids, retirement, etc. you better be a good person in the community so if u fall on hard times there's no welfare state sorry. There would be private charity, just no forced redistribution of income.

Last edited: