Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Are these people's facial expressions even real? What are they so happy about?

Damn, if I could have 1% of that happiness.

I'm filling this rabbit hole with dirt and never going down it again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Gnip, mediocre and 6 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I don't understand it either.

They seem to me like some kind of alien species that came to earth and watched maybe Jim Carreys "The Mask" or another absurd comedic movie and are now under the impression "that's how humans act like"

I find it neither funny nor entertaining and if I watch for too long I get a headache.

I also doubt that there's true happiness when it comes to those people .... it's all an act/scheme to make impressionable people wish for this "cheerful and perfect life" themselves and to keep on watching (for some reason).

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, Gnip, mediocre and 5 others
SweetTangerine

SweetTangerine

ᴸᵉᵗ ᵘˢ ᵖˡᵃʸ, ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗᵉˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ˢᵗᵃᵍᵉˢ!!
Nov 9, 2020
i think it is because if they don't portray themselves as happy and loving life, then they will be abandoned or forgotten. it is all false optimism and façades for "fame".

Reactions: Gnip, HenryHobkins, demuic and 3 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Maybe because that's what's expected from them. People want to see happy faces, even if the smiles are false.

Reactions: FatalSystemError591, Ghost2211, clownangel and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Are these people's facial expressions even real? What are they so happy about?

Damn, if I could have 1% of that happiness.

I'm filling this rabbit hole with dirt and never going down it again.
It's social media, it's fake. Plus Tiktok is full of kids that haven't had soul crushing life experiences yet.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, Message In A Bottle, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 13 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
A lot of it is performative. No one is ever truly as happy as they seem on social media. It's an online persona.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Teepain and 6 others
140 bpm

140 bpm

Glitching in reality
Jan 26, 2020
I'm glad, that I've never tried Tiktok. Looks like it's a lot of happy people over there.

Reactions: Gnip and demuic
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It's quite easy to make oneself perky and happy for a short video to bring in more social media approval. I don't think it holds any relevance to reality.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Throwawaysoul, Frauw and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Tiktok is one of the worst social medias from what I've seen.

Reactions: Gnip, Ghost2211, http-410 and 1 other person
T

Teepain

Apr 11, 2020
People do so many things to run away from their reality! This could be one of their escapes. We never know what battles people are fighting...

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
TikTok is a form of social media. It is likely that people on there only show the good and happy side of their lives; just like other social media platforms such as Instagram.

You could take a photo of yourself standing in the middle of an industrial site like a trash landfill; one that is located near the sea so there will be a lot of sand. Then you could frame the image to crop out the bad aspects such as the garbage, and give the impression that you are standing on a beautiful beach - nobody will known any different. This is an analogy of social media and media in general, but also human life itself: because people hide their dirt to fake perfection - it is all an illusion.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Throwawaysoul
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Because it's "cool" to show yourself as a happy person with a happy life, but most of that happiness is fake.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Sprite_Geist
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
It's fake. Just like Instagram, Facebook, Tindr or any social media tbh. People on social media only show certain snippets of their life, the perfect moment basically. They cherrypick what they want to show and they only show the perfect shots of their life because this attracts attention. None of that is real. Nobody shows their bad moments of life on Tindr. Don't worry about any of these social media websites/apps. It's saddening so many people fall for this.

• Love
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Life sucks
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I saw quite an interesting article on TikTok by a security expert. At first I dismissed it as paranoia, but when I saw the actual breakdown of the settings displayed I was shocked at how far the app penetrates your device. It appears to have waaaaay more permissions than even something like facebook. I'd not touch TikTik with a 10 ft bargepole. Shame, can't find the article.

Reactions: demuic and Ghost2211
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I don't understand it either.

They seem to me like some kind of alien species that came to earth and watched maybe Jim Carreys "The Mask" or another absurd comedic movie and are now under the impression "that's how humans act like"

I find it neither funny nor entertaining and if I watch for too long I get a headache.

I also doubt that there's true happiness when it comes to those people .... it's all an act/scheme to make impressionable people wish for this "cheerful and perfect life" themselves and to keep on watching (for some reason).

Alien like! This is the best way to describe it.
I saw quite an interesting article on TikTok by a security expert. At first I dismissed it as paranoia, but when I saw the actual breakdown of the settings displayed I was shocked at how far the app penetrates your device. It appears to have waaaaay more permissions than even something like facebook. I'd not touch TikTik with a 10 ft bargepole. Shame, can't find the article.
And coincidentally their demographic just happens to be the ones that zero fucks about overall privacy.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Alien like! This is the best way to describe it.

And coincidentally their demographic just happens to be the ones that zero fucks about overall privacy.
Okay, it appears it was on reddit, so take from that what you will. Here is the article though. I think I'm okay posting it...

• Love
Reactions: demuic
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I proudly have never used TikTok and don't even know what it does. How many fucking platforms do we need?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and demuic
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Societal dictated masks of utopian happiness to hide reality.

Just my 0.02.

<3

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Sprite_Geist
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Because they're all fucking hoodlums, every last one of them. Hoodlums!

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
They do all that for likes and followers. Tiktok is a business. The more engagement you bring by acting stupid the more money you earn. It's actually depressing how much money these young people make. They don't deserve it.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I might be the minority here, but I enjoy tiktok lol

My for you page isn't happy go lucky people though. It's dark humor, suicidal jokes, Thanatology, eating disorder recovery comedy etc. It's really a "for you" page... at least for me. I enjoy it. But I don't have random people doing dances or overly happy people on mine after using it for a few weeks lol

View attachment 3506070ab8f9c34ed1bbfa600ac64ada.mp4

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Maybe they enjoy what they're doing and are having fun.

Reactions: Isadeth and Sensei
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
"GG is a 19 year old man, presenting to the emergency room with..."

The things people do for attention.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Because they are soul sucking leeches who enjoy sucking the energy from you. Leaving you drained and wishing for death, and haunted by the recurring images of their sinister smiles.

Reactions: Throwawaysoul and NumbItAll
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
It's all a facade.

Reactions: Throwawaysoul, pthnrdnojvsc and Antigonish