• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Why is suicide seen as something to so cruelly and harmfully prevent, why cannot suicide just be accepted, why cannot peaceful methods be available for all with people able to just easily die in peace. Existence needs to come with an permanent instant offswitch as after all we never consented to any of this in the first place and should be able to cease existing when we want to. And anyway suicide is a human right, none of us are obligated to continue existing anyway. To me suicide prevention is sadistic extreme cruelty as I'd always prefer to not exist no matter what, for me suicide is suffering prevention and I believe it's better that the suffering is prevented as I don't want to suffer in any way.

There is no justifcation for trying to stop suicide, it's unacceptable simply because suicide is a personal decision and not the decision of other people to make, it should be a crime for people to interfere in the right to die but no of course suicide is pretty much illegal instead as humans are such a disgusting species with many who love to make others suffer. If suicide is seen as something to accept rather than stop it'd prevent so much suffering in an existence that caused nothing but harm and was always undesirable in the first place.

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
I think the rationale behind trying to stop people from dying by suicide is that a lot of attempts are made in the "heat of the moment" after a trigger. And tbh, those cases deserve more thought and introspection on the part of the sufferer, especially if it's their first time thinking of ctb. However, those who've been thinking of ctb for over 6 months at least should be given a more accessible and inclusive way of dying instead of being forced to try risky and inefficient methods that, failing which, can make the sufferer's life even worse! Everybody should have the right to die with dignity when they want to as long as they're mentally sound enough to make that decision.

pluscat

pluscat

Sep 26, 2023
Why is suicide seen as something to so cruelly and harmfully prevent, why cannot suicide just be accepted, why cannot peaceful methods be available for all with people able to just easily die in peace. Existence needs to come with an permanent instant offswitch as after all we never consented to any of this in the first place and should be able to cease existing when we want to. And anyway suicide is a human right, none of us are obligated to continue existing anyway. To me suicide prevention is sadistic extreme cruelty as I'd always prefer to not exist no matter what, for me suicide is suffering prevention and I believe it's better that the suffering is prevented as I don't want to suffer in any way.

There is no justifcation for trying to stop suicide, it's unacceptable simply because suicide is a personal decision and not the decision of other people to make, it should be a crime for people to interfere in the right to die but no of course suicide is pretty much illegal instead as humans are such a disgusting species with many who love to make others suffer. If suicide is seen as something to accept rather than stop it'd prevent so much suffering in an existence that caused nothing but harm and was always undesirable in the first place.
That's why I support this forum wholeheartedly, nobody should have to suffer in a life that they never chose to live in the first place, they should have information about suicide available to them without being given the number of hotlines, but I can see why people want to prevent it because if you love someone you wouldn't want to lose them, but other than that I can't see why because if someone wants to take such drastic action such as killing themselves why force them to live?

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
To me suicide prevention is sadistic extreme cruelty
The society is built on sadistic extreme cruelty. Did you realize that no other species on this planet practices suicide? Humans are the only-ones vile enough to annihilate life for greed either by direct or indirect kill.

but I can see why people want to prevent it because if you love someone you wouldn't want to lose them
You missunderstand the feeling of love, it is not love when someone forces another-one to live in pain. Not wanting to lose someone is called selfishness.

QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Experienced
Jul 29, 2023
I guess the usual explanation people use when they give their opinion(s) on why we should stop people from CTB is dependent on moral ideology more than logical reasoning. It's similar to the argument that's "pro-life" in the anti-abortion argument. Most pro-life people are not actually pro-life they are radically anti-abortion but being anti-abortion sounds too similar to anti-choice so it's more pleasant sounding to say that they're pro-life even when they don't actually care about the children in question out of the context behind or beyond their insatiable desire to push their ideologies on other people in the present.

Likewise, many of the people in the general population who are against suicide are against it for reasons that usually justify or validate (in some way) their own ideology, lifestyle, or both. People want to feel like working hard provides meaning to the world. People want to feel like there's a silver lining in suffering wether it be within our out of their control. People feel like suicide is out of their control and this scares them especially if the person who commits suicide is someone they love. But I ask where were these people when that loved one was suffering? Where were they? Many of them tend to turn to rage afterward as they start their grieving phase and this rage turns them against others. There's no compassion here for people, it's rage that intends to hurt people, shaming them, and scaring them, and in some sick way make these people feel what they're feeling. It's a vindictive act bent on punishing others for the guilt they feel.

The majority of society doesn't want to feel that life is meaningless in the grander scheme of things. They want to hope that death is cureable and that they can and will live forever even though that is mostly impossible. They don't want their loved ones to leave them behind. They don't want to feel like what they've earned through hard work isn't actually theirs for long. And they definitely don't want to feel like their suffering actually doesn't make them better people or stronger or whatever humans use to make suffering seem beneficial towards human adaptation and emotional growth.

Suffering itself is big business. It's over-medicalized, it's bought and sold in almost every corner of the market in food, fashion, pop culture, entertainment, health and wellness, death and dying, services such as therapy etcetera.

People want to feel like there's a cure for everything. That there are no incurable diseases and that mental illnesses can be overcome by hard work and by looking for silver linings. Personally, I find this all so silly as even "normal" people who are usually well and dedicated members of society are getting sick themselves from being overworked and underpaid for their labor. They are sleeping less, eating worse, and stressed out constantly. Even the "normal" people are suffering but through their optimism, they step towards the cult of medicalizing against death through consumerism and farther away from accepting that we all die and that no one should be having to kill themselves to survive or get ahead in any economy.

People don't want existential dread showing up in their lives until they're at least middle-aged. And they don't want to feel guilty about not doing enough or not being enough to stop their loved ones from CTB. It's a cycle that society has been perpetuating for some time now. People in more developed countries have lost touch with how truly fragile human life is and it scares them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: zzeroo
F

fitwhatsthepoint

Mar 15, 2024
Hi there,

In my opinion the issue is not so straightforward. While I agree people should be able to CTB openly, peacefully and with the opportunity to properly say goodbye to certain people (or to say the difficult things they've been unable to do in the past), we just don't know what the societal implications it would have. I mean mainly supposed cases of people who just lack proper care during a life crisis. This case, in my view, does not pertain to chronically depressed individuals who have been trying basically everything for years, but to no avail. Such is the case of my late girlfriend, who did it couple of months back. Although I miss her terribly every single day and can't get my life together since then, I understand it. I only wish that she wouldn't have to go through it alone. Brokenhearted as I would be holding her hand then, I would also be glad she wouldn't be alone with all this. Unless she'd preferred to do it alone.
@FuneralCry, I suggest you read a piecie on English Wiki about William Styron's purpose in writing 'Darkness Visible' and the public discussion it sparked. As far as I understand his position, it's alike to the one I described above. I won't deny that his thinking influenced mine, so that's partly the reason for the overlap there.
What is surely needed is a debunking of the notion that life is the highest value that has to be protected no matter the circumstances.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I hate that people are forced to live even when some people don't want to live. I also believe that suicide is a personal choice and that other people shouldn't be allowed to interfere with it but unfortunately suicide instead is illegal which I think is absolutely awful. I also believe that my suffering is better off being prevented due to how I see any and all forms of suffering as bad. Regardless, I hope you find peace soon via being permanently in rest

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
There are some that believe it is in a person's soul contract to commit suicide