A

asthedayends00

Oct 18, 2024
Posting this on account of everyone intending to ctb with SN. Initially was going to jump but decided on SN. I could jump, hang or use shotgun but still decided on SN. My reasoning is the lack of mess and comfort.

What is everyone's reason for using SN over other accessible methods?

R

Rejection

Oct 13, 2024
You choke to death from poisoning, excruciating pain between cramps, lips turning a bluish colour, you die as if you were drowning but with the addition of poisoning.
Evidently people like to suffer a little more before they die, paradoxically pain is the only time they feel alive. By the way, there are many cases where you are saved at the last minute, it is not a 100% lethal method, you just risk suffering and then being locked up in a psychiatric ward tied to a bed and tortured by sadistic nurses.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Bear1234, TimetoGo!, the_path_of_sorrows and 2 others
A

asthedayends00

Oct 18, 2024
As a fellow masochist I love this response

Reactions: orbwithinorb
O

orbwithinorb

Aug 4, 2024
You choke to death from poisoning, excruciating pain between cramps, lips turning a bluish colour, you die as if you were drowning but with the addition of poisoning.
Evidently people like to suffer a little more before they die, paradoxically pain is the only time they feel alive. By the way, there are many cases where you are saved at the last minute, it is not a 100% lethal method, you just risk suffering and then being locked up in a psychiatric ward tied to a bed and tortured by sadistic nurses.
jesus fucking christ I was already disgusted by SN as a method but you summarized why I'd never attempt it perfectly

P

PhDone

Student
Jul 29, 2024
Is this you describing death by SN? What about the fact you pass out, particularly if supported by benzo's?

O

orbwithinorb

Aug 4, 2024
Is this you describing death by SN? What about the fact you pass out, particularly if supported by benzo's?
I've read plenty of reports of people staying awake for up to 45 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: PhDone
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
It's one of the most accessible methods, cheap, and easy to hide. Plus it's well documented on this site, with multiple posts recording the passing of someone after drinking SN. Sure there are other less painful and quick methods, but many may be inaccessible to others, too expensive, and not hidable if they don't live alone.

Reactions: rotciv and ItsyBitsyWeetard
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023

This looks like a bit of fear mongering, taking SN would cause hypoxia, limitting the flow of oxygen to your brain which would cause you to pass out. It's probably not pleasant, but I doubt the pain is excrutiating. As someone who's been on the verge of passing out from partial hanging (also hypoxia) it wasn't painful. just extremely uncomfortable numbness in the face and head.

Reactions: Fangarina, rotciv, ItsyBitsyWeetard and 2 others
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
What is everyone's reason for using SN over other accessible methods?
  • Easy and affordable to obtain
  • Straightforward setup, both technically and logistically
  • Highly lethal and reliable when following the protocol; most failures occur when help is called or someone intervenes
  • Accessible if you know where to look, and finding the information here is quite simple
  • Legal, though there may be restrictions in certain areas
  • Allows for comfort in your own home, in your own bed, which may not be possible with other methods
  • Relatively peaceful experience
  • Minimal, if any, long-term damage in case of failure
use shotgun
That would absolutely be my more preferred method over SN if I had access. Hands down. Sadly, since I do not I have leaned to SN instead.

By the way, there are many cases where you are saved at the last minute, it is not a 100% lethal method
excruciating pain
The only "failures" seem to occur when someone realizes they don't truly want to die and call for help or if they are 'rescued' by someone else. It is not because of pain. From what I've seen, this isn't due to "excruciating pain" - the reports simply do not back that up as the reason and it is kind of fear mongering. There's no method that guarantees a "100%" success rate. You're free to have your doubts, but spreading fear with unfounded claims isn't too helpful or productive. I welcome anything to support your position so I can better educate myself though, I am not saying you are "wrong" but I do like to read those details for myself instead of relying on other's assertions that aren't backed up or are at seeming direct odds of what information is available. The reports appear to contradict this claim about pain as well, with less than 20% reporting pain. I'm not saying it's easy, but it is kinda misleading to assert that without concrete support for people to objectively consider. For just me, enduring some side effects is worthwhile for self-deliverance purposes.

I've read plenty of reports of people staying awake for up to 45 minutes.
If you're making claims about "plenty of reports," can you provide one or more saying this for me to review? You've made this claim before but not support it with any evidence or reports, and I genuinely cannot recall reading any report let alone 'many' reports of people being conscious that long so it would be really helpful to have that handy if you have it and I would appreciate your help in showing this. With that said, if any reports have made you hesitant, that's completely understandable. Nobody is trying to dictate what anyone else should do; it's important for each person to do their own research, assess their comfort levels, and make the best decision for themselves. People can assess the reports for when LOC has happened by varying accounts to make their own conclusions.

But again, if you have reports of people being conscious that long I genuinely would like to read up on them to better educate myself about it as I continue to be open to learning more! I am not being sarcastic either or implying you are lying or wrong, I just haven't read reports to back this up and truly want to read about it to see what might have gone 'wrong' to try to avoid the same situation if at all possible (I realize my tone may not be clear so I wanted to make sure I clarified that).

I completely understand and respect that this method might not be for everyone and that is no problem at all. However, I don't see much value in making claims that could increase anxiety for others simply because it isn't what you want, or in giving wrong claims about it. It's perfectly fine to have your own opinions, but it's important not to make incorrect statements or if you do have backing to be kind enough to link things to support it. I think everyone benefits from well researched arguments and can support it so everyone can make well thought out decisions and make good reasoning for whatever is best for them based on that information.

I hope everyone finds everything they are looking for and get peace & serenity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear1234, ItsyBitsyWeetard, Agon321 and 2 others
O

orbwithinorb

Aug 4, 2024
  • Easy and affordable to obtain
  • Straightforward setup, both technically and logistically
  • Highly lethal and reliable when following the protocol; most failures occur when help is called or someone intervenes
  • Accessible if you know where to look, and finding the information here is quite simple
  • Legal, though there may be restrictions in certain areas
  • Allows for comfort in your own home, in your own bed, which may not be possible with other methods
  • Relatively peaceful experience
  • Minimal, if any, long-term damage in case of failure

That would absolutely be my more preferred method over SN if I had access. Hands down. Sadly, since I do not I have leaned to SN instead.

The only "failures" seem to occur when someone realizes they don't truly want to die and call for help or if they are 'rescued' by someone else. It is not because of pain. From what I've seen, this isn't due to "excruciating pain" - the reports simply do not back that up as the reason and it is kind of fear mongering. There's no method that guarantees a "100%" success rate. You're free to have your doubts, but spreading fear with unfounded claims isn't too helpful or productive. I welcome anything to support your position so I can better educate myself though, I am not saying you are "wrong" but I do like to read those details for myself instead of relying on other's assertions that aren't backed up or are at seeming direct odds of what information is available. The reports appear to contradict this claim about pain as well, with less than 20% reporting pain. I'm not saying it's easy, but it is kinda misleading to assert that without concrete support for people to objectively consider. For just me, enduring some side effects is worthwhile for self-deliverance purposes.

If you're making claims about "plenty of reports," can you provide one or more saying this for me to review? You've made this claim before but not support it with any evidence or reports, and I genuinely cannot recall reading any report let alone 'many' reports of people being conscious that long so it would be really helpful to have that handy if you have it and I would appreciate your help in showing this. With that said, if any reports have made you hesitant, that's completely understandable. Nobody is trying to dictate what anyone else should do; it's important for each person to do their own research, assess their comfort levels, and make the best decision for themselves. People can assess the reports for when LOC has happened by varying accounts to make their own conclusions.

But again, if you have reports of people being conscious that long I genuinely would like to read up on them to better educate myself about it as I continue to be open to learning more! I am not being sarcastic either or implying you are lying or wrong, I just haven't read reports to back this up and truly want to read about it to see what might have gone 'wrong' to try to avoid the same situation if at all possible (I realize my tone may not be clear so I wanted to make sure I clarified that).

I completely understand and respect that this method might not be for everyone and that is no problem at all. However, I don't see much value in making claims that could increase anxiety for others simply because it isn't what you want, or in giving wrong claims about it. It's perfectly fine to have your own opinions, but it's important not to make incorrect statements or if you do have backing to be kind enough to link things to support it. I think everyone benefits from well researched arguments and can support it so everyone can make well thought out decisions and make good reasoning for whatever is best for them based on that information.

I hope everyone finds everything they are looking for and get peace & serenity.
you typed all that out and then linked the thread that documents people's experiences with this, some of which sound very unpleasant. I mean hey man I'm with you, I want everyone to find what they are looking for, I just want them to be realistic about the suffering that can come with this method. I don't have a link to the thread of the girl that took SN while a guy was on a call with her, maybe someone could help but she didn't go out in peace iirc

athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
you typed all that out and then linked the thread that documents people's experiences with this, some of which sound very unpleasant. I mean hey man I'm with you, I want everyone to find what they are looking for, I just want them to be realistic about the suffering that can come with this method. I don't have a link to the thread of the girl that took SN while a guy was on a call with her, maybe someone could help but she didn't go out in peace iirc
Yes, indeed I typed all of that out to be well researched, informative and avoid speaking in false claims and why I linked it instead of making up facts like you seem to have done. It is good to be fair and reasonable but instead of me making up things about it I wanted to be objective and let people know to go look it up and exactly where they could read more about it.

And, to clarify, that one person lost consciousness at 31 minutes, which is shorter than the 45 minutes you mentioned. But that is unusually long and by no means the usual reality. But everyone can and should look into it more to get the specific. Let's avoid making false claims like this, as they don't help anyone. If you lack reports to support your claim, it's best not to say you've read "plenty," as that's clearly inaccurate. While I encourage everyone to do their own research, it's important to correct inaccuracies esp ones like this which can instill fear. I don't doubt your intentions and understand that honest mistakes happen. I've made my share too and always strive to correct them but what helps me avoid that is by respecting this site and its users enough to first do my research and back up what I say.

If that was the only case you had in mind, it's perfectly fine to admit you were wrong and now you can better armed with the facts rather than falsely claiming "plenty of reports" at 45 minutes for LOC.

So again if you do have any reports at all backing this up, then please (seriously, please) provide them given this is my personal preferred method and I want to be armed with the facts. Even though my extensive research indicates you are mistaken/incorrect, I find anything valuable if there is a learning experience to gain from it.

You could have made a mistake on accident, but you've made similar statements on other threads, it raises the question of whether you are knowingly spreading misinformation. I'm not accusing you; I did invite you to back up your claim.

This allows people, like me, who are considering the SN method, to assess our comfort levels based on actual, known effects and to make informed decisions rather than acting out of ignorance, fear, or misguidance. It's important to be fair and impartial in what we present as truths to avoid making misleading or false claims.

Wishing you nothing but the absolute best in whatever you decide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ItsyBitsyWeetard, LifeQuitter, cowboypants and 1 other person
S

samoyedlover

Sep 25, 2024
Yes, indeed I typed all of that out to be well researched, informative and avoid speaking in false claims and why I linked it instead of making up facts like you seem to have done. It is good to be fair and reasonable but instead of me making up things about it I wanted to be objective and let people know to go look it up and exactly where they could read more about it.

And, to clarify, that person lost consciousness at 31 minutes, which is shorter than the 45 minutes you mentioned. Let's avoid making false claims like this, as they don't help anyone. If you lack reports to support your claim, it's best not to say you've read "plenty," as that's clearly inaccurate. While I encourage everyone to do their own research, it's important to correct inaccuracies esp ones like this which can instill fear. I don't doubt your intentions and understand that honest mistakes happen. I've made my share too and always strive to correct them but what helps me avoid that is by respecting this site and its users enough to first do my research and back up what I say.

If that was the only case you had in mind, it's perfectly fine to admit you were wrong and now you can better armed with the facts rather than falsely claiming "plenty of reports" at 45 minutes for LOC.

So again if you do have any reports at all backing this up, then please (seriously, please) provide them given this is my personal preferred method and I want to be armed with the facts. Even though my extensive research indicates you are mistaken/incorrect, I find anything valuable if there is a learning experience to gain from it.

You could have made a mistake on accident, but you've made similar statements on other threads, it raises the question of whether you are knowingly spreading misinformation. I'm not accusing you; I did invite you to back up your claim.

This allows people, like me, who are considering the SN method, to assess our comfort levels based on actual, known effects and to make informed decisions rather than acting out of ignorance, fear, or misguidance. It's important to be fair and impartial in what we present as truths to avoid making misleading or false claims.

Wishing you nothing but the absolute best in whatever you decide.
SN is my only option but now i am scared because of these posts 😞

ordep91

ordep91

Sep 8, 2024
This looks like fear mongering

Reactions: Bear1234
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024

this is really gross scaremongering. there are several accounts and the suffering is not like what you are describing (speaking specifically about DMC) — there are also survival stats in the SN mega thread that go against what you're stating here. Sheesh.
This looks like fear mongering
if the shoe fits….

• Love
Reactions: athiestjoe and asthedayends00