M

MistakesHappen

Escapologist
Aug 29, 2018
Why should we commit suicide?
I'm not talking about personal and subjective reasons, i mean a more general sense, almost detached.
Let's say from the philosophical point of view.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Ben and 1 other person
Nightmare

Nightmare

Devil
Sep 15, 2018
to be left alone ):

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

Dean

Sep 10, 2018
All human life is suffering. Even the richest and most successful people in the world struggle with depression and some commit suicide. The hedonic treadmill is a real thing. We are biased toward negativity and desiring more. From an evolutionary psychology standpoint, we are designed to constantly strive for more to ensure the survival of our species. More food, more reproduction, more shelter, etc. In a modern capitalistic society, this leads to us chasing commodities. While some may be successful and obtain happiness, this happiness is fleeting as we constantly want more. We're all chasing rainbows and sooner or later we end up desiring something we can never have.

People always wonder how child stars get so messed up when they have money, good looks, and success at an early age. The reality is that they reach a point in their life were nothing fulfills them anymore because they have everything they want. So they start experimenting with drugs, rebelling, and hurting themselves. People on here and reddit always talk about how money would make them happy and solve their problems but that isn't true. I was born in a wealthy family, went to a good university, and pretty much have financial security for life. But sooner or later you reach a point were buying things doesn't fill the void.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, 837, FadedMemory and 11 others
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I'm not talking about personal and subjective reasons, i mean a more general sense, almost detached.

So there is one less broken vessel leaking it's pain into this world

Reactions: lv-gras, Nofaith, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
We are all going to die anyway this world and life has shown me enough already

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Justanotherconsumer, throwaway123 and 4 others
L

livingisloathing

Sep 9, 2018
Because why not? Is it not the choice of any free person to make a decision concerning their life only? The reasoning could be frivolous or manageable to any other person but if they do not want to live with whatever burden they personally are struggling with then it is their choice. The why varies from person to person but every reason is justified as long as the person is content with their personal reasoning. I hope that's somewhat coherent since I kinda just rambled.

Reactions: worldexploder, MistakesHappen and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
To end this nightmare.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer, NoDream, betteroffdead and 4 others
M

MistakesHappen

Escapologist
Aug 29, 2018
Life is only a continuous distraction, a distraction from the fact that We continue to give ourselves reasons, reasons to live.
And we must continue to distract ourselves by studying, working, having a family, doing good, being healthy...
We're just drug addicts, frantically running for the mere pleasure of getting their dose of happiness. Pathetic.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, betteroffdead, Nofaith and 3 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Because life was imposed on us. Life = suffering. I'll use the same slogan women used during Row v. Wade - "My body, my choice".

Reactions: NoDream, Pointlessabyss, betteroffdead and 3 others
F

fade_away

Aug 1, 2018
None of us chose to be born into this world full of pain and suffering, but at least we have the ability to leave. For some of us, this world just isn't worth it.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Justanotherconsumer and 4 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
All human life is suffering. Even the richest and most successful people in the world struggle with depression and some commit suicide. The hedonic treadmill is a real thing. We are biased toward negativity and desiring more. From an evolutionary psychology standpoint, we are designed to constantly strive for more to ensure the survival of our species. More food, more reproduction, more shelter, etc. In a modern capitalistic society, this leads to us chasing commodities. While some may be successful and obtain happiness, this happiness is fleeting as we constantly want more. We're all chasing rainbows and sooner or later we end up desiring something we can never have.

People always wonder how child stars get so messed up when they have money, good looks, and success at an early age. The reality is that they reach a point in their life were nothing fulfills them anymore because they have everything they want. So they start experimenting with drugs, rebelling, and hurting themselves. People on here and reddit always talk about how money would make them happy and solve their problems but that isn't true. I was born in a wealthy family, went to a good university, and pretty much have financial security for life. But sooner or later you reach a point were buying things doesn't fill the void.

It is all about interpersonal relationships and love.

To be honest, I think you had plenty of opportunity for that and people who are born into a good family still have it a million times better than the rest of the planet. "Filling the void" is the least of our problems. Most of the people here have deeper issues than the fact that their new Lamborghini isn't satisfying enough.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Pointlessabyss
D

Dean

Sep 10, 2018
It is all about interpersonal relationships and love.

To be honest, I think you had plenty of opportunity for that and people who are born into a good family still have it a million times better than the rest of the planet. "Filling the void" is the least of our problems. Most of the people here have deeper issues than the fact that their new Lamborghini isn't satisfying enough.

That's an extremely insensitive way to speak to someone who is suicidal. There are plenty of things that money cannot buy. I have PTSD from being kidnapped in a home invasion. I suffer from facial disfigurement as a result of an accident. No amount of money can fix these things. I was abused and bullied my entire childhood by basically everyone I knew. Believe me I have problems much worse than a new Lamborghini. That's like saying everyone on this website should log off and be grateful they have a computer when there are starving kids in Africa.

"Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head."

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maravillosa, satou and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
in my opinion the meaning of life is to eliminate unnecessary suffering even if it means death.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pointlessabyss and 1 other person
S

Shay

Experienced
Aug 31, 2018
If it was only about money then the celebrities wouldn't commit suicide or the wealthy socialites including Mary Kennedy. It's not about money; it's about depression and hopelessness and feeling trapped to the point of suicide being the only good option. Nobody knows how the mind truly works and what can be triggered in the sub conscious.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MistakesHappen, lv-gras and 4 others