S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
Depriving your body of oxygen by inhaling an inert gas like nitrogen or helium is one of the methods of ctb euthanasia proponents recommend. It causes death by what is called environmental asphyxia – creating an environment, for example in a plastic bag over your head ('suicide' or 'exit' bag'), where the oxygen is replaced by your chosen gas. This results in the body being deprived oxygen (suffocation), but allegedly with no sensation of suffocation. You will then lose consciousness within seconds, supposedly without any greater amount of pain, and within minutes die.

The equipment required for this are cheap and easily obtainable. The bag can be made with materials you might already have in your home, while helium can be bought in stores selling party supplies. The method is also easy to carry out.

Why do I not see this method discussed more on this forum? Most of the people seem to want to use N. This substance is however both illegal and expensive to obtain. To those of you who have ruled out this method, what are your reasoning? And to those of you who have chosen this method and ruled out others, what are your reasoning?

Reactions: nonexistance, Fixin’ToDie, Alysia and 5 others
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Search for my posts on here. I've talked extensively on the subject and it's the method I have chosen and acquired the materials for.

Reactions: Fixin’ToDie, Smilla and LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS
borntooslow

borntooslow

Jun 29, 2018
I would chose N just because:
1) As I read you can screw up with exit bag and die really painfull (idk is it thruth or not, but I wouldn't risk)
2) It could be harder to explain why do you need so much inert gas (also, as I read helium for parties mixed with air) or to hide it, than couple of bottles.

Reactions: LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
N being illegal is irrelevant and money isn't an issue for everyone here (it is for me, which is why I choose hanging). If it was a matter of choice only, I doubt most people would choose anything other than N.

Reactions: Definitelyworried, LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS and Strumgewehr
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
N is triple the cost of the nitrogen method and has a horrible taste so it is hard to take the required amount. Nitrogen is just as painless but requires a bag over your head which freaks out a lot of people. My ideal method would be Seconal. These are a barbiturate in capsules. You have to take 100 of them, but they are small. I would have no problem with doing that. This is what they prescribe for death with dignity cases in the United States. The problem is they are pretty much impossible to get, much more so than N. What is really upsetting is they were over the counter sleeping pills in the 1950's, and they were pulled off the market when people discovered they offered a painless death if you overdosed on them. We can't have that now, can we? :angry:

Reactions: Rx_S, Definitelyworried, Fixin’ToDie and 2 others
Alysia

Alysia

Jul 3, 2018
I've certainly wondered a lot as well why the inert gas method doesn't seem more popular. After all, it should be totally painless, and reliability seems very high as well if correct preparation and execution are carried out. Materials are fairly easy to obtain and not too expensive either (though more expensive than a rope, hehe). I find a lot of discussion is often about methods involving some kinds of drugs or chemical substances.

The inert gas method does require a little bit of preparation though: constructing a reliable exit bag and then carefully following the instructions about the execution of the method. Even though it is simple, it is very important to remember to make sure there are no other gases like carbon dioxide or air mixed with the inert gas (only other inert gases would be acceptable), and then remember to carefully push all air out of the bag once it's on your forehead before you start filling the bag and then, once the bag is filled, taking the deepest breath out you can, pulling the bag down to your neck and fastening it, and then taking the deepest breath in you can. Maybe the required preparation and precision of execution can turn a lot of people away from this method. They may start researching it and then wonder where to get all the regulators and hoses and how to put it all together and use it correctly. And maybe a lot of people are still a little new to the inert gas method and haven't really researched it yet. Drugs and substances might be the first things a lot people go seek for a peaceful death because they might be less complicated (though depending on the drug/subtance, may, perhaps, not always be as reliable in causing a peaceful death).

Inert gas in an exit bag is my current method of choice if the time comes. :)

• Love
Reactions: nolongerhurting, Ssname, Gumby and 6 others
G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
Nitrogen is definitely the way I'll be going

Reactions: Alysia and Smilla
R

Rashad

Jul 4, 2018
I have been looking at this method how big of a tank of nitrogen would you need to besucessful

Reactions: Alysia
Alysia

Alysia

Jul 3, 2018
I have been looking at this method how big of a tank of nitrogen would you need to besucessful
The Max Dog Nitrogen system sold by the Exit International (creators of the Peaceful Pill Handbook) has 400 liters of nitrogen. The reason you want significantly more than would be enough to merely fill the bag once is that having the extra gas allows you to leave the gas flow on for some time after pulling the bag down to flush away any exhaled carbon dioxide to prevent carbon dioxide levels rising in the bag and possibly triggering the body's panic response (triggered by raising carbon dioxide levels). The flow, which is suggested at 15 liters per minute by Exit, according to their testing (although in the June 2018 version of the Handbook they say that even less will suffice), will also flush away any exhaled leftover air from the bag and I believe will also prevent the bag from getting warm, humid and uncomfortable (all to make sure the unconscious body won't try to pull the bag off, against which the bag should be fastened securely around the neck in any case).

I highly recommend reading the chapter on the inert gas method on the Peaceful Pill Handbook, the June 2018 version of which you can find here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lrOLAClRFPC57rIZd8Q0nT9yu_IAqW6u

In short, 400 liters should be more than enough, but I probably wouldn't go too much lower than that, especially since my experience has been that it's not difficult to find canisters with many times that amount either (I have found all the approved inert gases, nitrogen, helium and argon, in up to 2100 to 2500-litre sizes, with built-in regulators, ready for easy purchase).

• Love
Reactions: nolongerhurting, Ssname, Smilla and 1 other person
Alysia

Alysia

Jul 3, 2018
Also, to anyone browsing this thread and interested in the inert gas method, while browsing the latest edition of the Peaceful Pill Handbook, I saw Exit describe a new technique (that I don't believe I have seen in previous editions) in preparation of executing this method:

W4fa2qm.png

• Love
Reactions: nolongerhurting and Smilla
R

Rashad

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks so much
The Max Dog Nitrogen system sold by the Exit International (creators of the Peaceful Pill Handbook) has 400 liters of nitrogen. The reason you want significantly more than would be enough to merely fill the bag once is that having the extra gas allows you to leave the gas flow on for some time after pulling the bag down to flush away any exhaled carbon dioxide to prevent carbon dioxide levels rising in the bag and possibly triggering the body's panic response (triggered by raising carbon dioxide levels). The flow, which is suggested at 15 liters per minute by Exit, according to their testing (although in the June 2018 version of the Handbook they say that even less will suffice), will also flush away any exhaled leftover air from the bag and I believe will also prevent the bag from getting warm, humid and uncomfortable (all to make sure the unconscious body won't try to pull the bag off, against which the bag should be fastened securely around the neck in any case).

I highly recommend reading the chapter on the inert gas method on the Peaceful Pill Handbook, the June 2018 version of which you can find here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lrOLAClRFPC57rIZd8Q0nT9yu_IAqW6u

In short, 400 liters should be more than enough, but I probably wouldn't go too much lower than that, especially since my experience has been that it's not difficult to find canisters with many times that amount either (I have found all the approved inert gases, nitrogen, helium and argon, in up to 2100 to 2500-litre sizes, with built-in regulators, ready for easy purchase).

Thanks so much for the reply I've been researching different ways this seems like the most plausible easiest way but it's hard to find exact information. I've found bits and pieces but I think I came up with more questions that answers

Reactions: Alysia
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Thanks so much

Thanks so much for the reply I've been researching different ways this seems like the most plausible easiest way but it's hard to find exact information. I've found bits and pieces but I think I came up with more questions that answers

You should order the PPH. It's worth the cost. Be sure when you order you lie about your age or illness or both.

Reactions: Rashad
R

Rashad

Jul 4, 2018
You should order the PPH. It's worth the cost. Be sure when you order you lie about your age or illness or both.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Smilla
PsychoPyro

PsychoPyro

Chronic Pain
Jun 7, 2018
Because how do I get inert gas? N is harder but still I couldn't get inert gas unless I lived on my own.

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Victims wearing respirators connected to inert gas lines are in a zero percent oxygen atmosphere, and unconsciousness can occur in about 12 seconds2 and death in a matter of minutes. The situation continues to be critical because victims are still wearing respirators and continue to breathe inert gas after they collapse.

Case Histories
Some case histories that appeared in the referenced articles are presented below:

Case #1

An employee was using an air hammer to chip residue out of a furnace at an aluminum foundry. He was wearing an air-line respirator. Two compressed gas lines with universal access couplings were attached to a nearby post. The one on the right was labeled "natural gas." The gas line on the left had a paper tag attached with the word "air" handwritten on it; however, this line actually contained pure nitrogen. A splitter diverted one part of the gas stream to the air hammer and the other part of the stream to the air-line respirator. The employee was asphyxiated and killed when exposed to pure nitrogen.

Case #2

A contractor crew was assigned to abrasively blast inside a reactor vessel at a petrochemical refinery. Although verbal company policy called for contractors to supply all breathing air, this crew, with supervisor's knowledge, had on several occasions used plant air to supply breathing air. A crew member mistakenly hooked up his air-line respirator to an unlabeled nitrogen line (only the shut-off valve was labeled) used by the refinery for purging confined spaces. Plant nitrogen and air lines were identical, and both had couplings compatible with the coupler on the respirator.

Case #3

An employee hooked the fresh air line of his supplied-air respirator into a plant's compressed air lines and began abrasive blasting. The plant operators, unaware that their plant air was being used as breathing air, shut down the fresh aircompressor for routine, scheduled maintenance and pumped nitrogen into the system to maintain pressure and control the valves in the refinery. The employee was overcome by the nitrogen in the air lines and died of nitrogen asphyxia.

Case #4

An abrasive blaster at an air separation plant could not obtain breathing air from an installed line. He adapted unapproved hoses with quick-disconnect couplers so he could connect an abrasive-blasting respirator to a gas line supplying the blasting pot. This piping was not color coded nor labeled in accordance with company policy. The employee died because he did not know he was connecting to a nitrogen line instead of to compressed air. Nitrogen was a separation by-product at this plant and was piped to operate pneumatic equipment.

Case #5

A contract employee was abrasive blasting and painting gratings and railings. The air-line from the abrasive blasting respirator was hooked into the plant air supply. The plant air supply was not Grade D breathing air and was to be used only for valve gauges and pneumatic tools. The air compressor was shut down for maintenance, so nitrogen was backfed into the plant air lines. No one from the company informed the contract employee that the lines now contained nitrogen. When the abrasive blaster donned the abrasive-blasting respirator, he inhaled the nitrogen and was asphyxiated.

B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Victims wearing respirators connected to inert gas lines are in a zero percent oxygen atmosphere, and unconsciousness can occur in about 12 seconds2 and death in a matter of minutes. The situation continues to be critical because victims are still wearing respirators and continue to breathe inert gas after they collapse.

Case Histories
Some case histories that appeared in the referenced articles are presented below:

Case #1

An employee was using an air hammer to chip residue out of a furnace at an aluminum foundry. He was wearing an air-line respirator. Two compressed gas lines with universal access couplings were attached to a nearby post. The one on the right was labeled "natural gas." The gas line on the left had a paper tag attached with the word "air" handwritten on it; however, this line actually contained pure nitrogen. A splitter diverted one part of the gas stream to the air hammer and the other part of the stream to the air-line respirator. The employee was asphyxiated and killed when exposed to pure nitrogen.

Case #2

A contractor crew was assigned to abrasively blast inside a reactor vessel at a petrochemical refinery. Although verbal company policy called for contractors to supply all breathing air, this crew, with supervisor's knowledge, had on several occasions used plant air to supply breathing air. A crew member mistakenly hooked up his air-line respirator to an unlabeled nitrogen line (only the shut-off valve was labeled) used by the refinery for purging confined spaces. Plant nitrogen and air lines were identical, and both had couplings compatible with the coupler on the respirator.

Case #3

An employee hooked the fresh air line of his supplied-air respirator into a plant's compressed air lines and began abrasive blasting. The plant operators, unaware that their plant air was being used as breathing air, shut down the fresh aircompressor for routine, scheduled maintenance and pumped nitrogen into the system to maintain pressure and control the valves in the refinery. The employee was overcome by the nitrogen in the air lines and died of nitrogen asphyxia.

Case #4

An abrasive blaster at an air separation plant could not obtain breathing air from an installed line. He adapted unapproved hoses with quick-disconnect couplers so he could connect an abrasive-blasting respirator to a gas line supplying the blasting pot. This piping was not color coded nor labeled in accordance with company policy. The employee died because he did not know he was connecting to a nitrogen line instead of to compressed air. Nitrogen was a separation by-product at this plant and was piped to operate pneumatic equipment.

Case #5

A contract employee was abrasive blasting and painting gratings and railings. The air-line from the abrasive blasting respirator was hooked into the plant air supply. The plant air supply was not Grade D breathing air and was to be used only for valve gauges and pneumatic tools. The air compressor was shut down for maintenance, so nitrogen was backfed into the plant air lines. No one from the company informed the contract employee that the lines now contained nitrogen. When the abrasive blaster donned the abrasive-blasting respirator, he inhaled the nitrogen and was asphyxiated.

Is there any special technical knowledge required to connect a supplied air respirator to a nitrogen regulator/flow meter?

Despite the cost, I'd prefer that to constructing my own exit bag

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Connect mask of respirator or air mask to N² tank through the reducer valve.

Attachments

• Airline-Respiratory-System-with-Escape-Cylinder.jpg
    Airline-Respiratory-System-with-Escape-Cylinder.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 125126_1_8582_breathing-apparatus-stand-alone-31870-2414751.jpg
    125126_1_8582_breathing-apparatus-stand-alone-31870-2414751.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 121
  • addDBYo4_o.jpg
    addDBYo4_o.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 2-Figure1-1.png
    2-Figure1-1.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20180629_065428.jpg
    IMG_20180629_065428.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Anoxia of rapid decompression = N² inhalation

Attachments

• Effect of rapid decompression at FL450 ( 240 X 352 ).mp4
    910.5 KB · Views: 101
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Connect mask of respirator or air mask to N² tank through the reducer valve.

Thank you. Should the reducer valve be purchased separately? Is a regulator/flow meter required when using a respirator air mask? Apologies for the dumb questions, I am extremely unskilled technically.

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you. Should the reducer valve be purchased separately? Is a regulator/flow meter required when using a respirator air mask? Apologies for the dumb questions, I am extremely unskilled technically.
Buy a reducer valve. That's enough.

Attachments

• e4f2e5c4.jpg
    e4f2e5c4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 63
  • Beverage-Elements-Taprite-dual-gauge-nitrogen-regulator.png
    Beverage-Elements-Taprite-dual-gauge-nitrogen-regulator.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 41WJ5+bAitL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41WJ5+bAitL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 54
  • 41ww53olclL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41ww53olclL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 56
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Buy a reducer valve. That's enough.

Apologies. I am still not sure exactly what a reducer valve is or how it connects to the nitrogen tank. Is it something like this?

Attachments

• 3m-dual-airline-air-regulating-valve-assembly-sa-1007-black.jpg
    3m-dual-airline-air-regulating-valve-assembly-sa-1007-black.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 64
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Reduce Valve.
LPM grade = Liter per minute

Attachments

• 374317665_w0_h0_rotametr.jpg
    374317665_w0_h0_rotametr.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 55
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Reduce Valve.
LPM grade = Liter per minute

Ah, so the horizontal outlet is inserted into the nitrogen tank, and the vertical outlet is connected to the respirator tubing?

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018

Attachments

• bd9f2793.jpg
    bd9f2793.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 201601121216175e7.jpg
    201601121216175e7.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 1530872873403_adobe.jpg
    1530872873403_adobe.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 67
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Great, thanks. So, a reducer valve is just an integrated regulator/flow meter? And the respirator tubing is attached to the flare outlet?

What is the optimum pressure/flow rate to set the reducer valve at?

• Informative
Reactions: steve_s5
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Yes, this valve = reducer valve + integrated regulator/flow meter

Attachments

• IMG-20180706-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180706-WA0000.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 374317665_w0_h0_rotametr.jpg
    374317665_w0_h0_rotametr.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Many thanks. Is there a respirator system you would recommend?

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
I choose from this

Attachments

• Airline-Respiratory-System-with-Escape-Cylinder.jpg
    Airline-Respiratory-System-with-Escape-Cylinder.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 125126_1_8582_breathing-apparatus-stand-alone-31870-2414751.jpg
    125126_1_8582_breathing-apparatus-stand-alone-31870-2414751.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 59