A

abid

Mar 24, 2019
I read in a lot of random posts here and over the general internet that cyanide poisoning is one of the best methods out there in terms of it getting the job done (a perfect rating of 10/10 if I can recall correctly in both lethality and comfiness). But at the same time when looking to buy it, I also found that making cyanide for any purposes requires a semi lab setup since cyanide is not readily available (you will have to mix chemicals to make it) and even if someone does make it and sell them it's not easy to obtain (cost, transportation, permissions).

So what makes cyanide a good method? Just that if you happen to have a lab setup like in Breaking Bad, it's the perfect choice else it's just theoretically good? I wanted to see if I can find anything related to cyanide method but nothing at all. Anyone has any good and reliable sources for the details of this method?

Reactions: Ssrejisser and Addy92
Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Because it is not peaceful method. It's quick but agonizing

Reactions: Cockatoo, LastFlowers, Homecoming and 11 others
A

abid

Mar 24, 2019
Because it is not peaceful method. It's quick but agonizing

Still isn't it one of the fastest chemical methods with the highest reliability? If only it was easy to research on the process :(

Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Imagine intense burning in stomach and suffocate (even though you are breathing)

Reactions: LastFlowers, sadworld, Homecoming and 5 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I really don't think it's that agonizing. Videos exist online of persons who died by it and they just collapse to unconsciousness.
Cyanide is very difficult to obtain is my assumption of why more people don't use this method.

Reactions: sadworld, NotWhatIExpected, Soul and 1 other person
enzyetee

enzyetee

Mar 21, 2019
I think it's easier to get cyanide than nembutal here in my country

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: ronigail9, Kikoo Loool, Meretlein and 1 other person
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I think it's easier to get cyanide than nembutal here in my country

I think it's not worth dismissing then. You could always take it before passing out and not suffer whatever pain you would have being awake. There are also kits you can buy to test if you're actually dealing with cyanide.

Reactions: sadworld
enzyetee

enzyetee

Mar 21, 2019
I think it's not worth dismissing then. You could always take it before passing out and not suffer whatever pain you would have being awake. There are also kits you can buy to test if you're actually dealing with cyanide.
Yeah I can Google some places here to buy cyanide and even guns but none for nembutal... If I want a quick death like the one in the videos I might do the same but if I got time I might try co... It's cheaper

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Yeah I can Google some places here to buy cyanide and even guns but none for nembutal... If I want a quick death like the one in the videos I might do the same but if I got time I might try co... It's cheaper
Do your research on the dosage required for securing fatality. I think that's the most important to prevent just brain damage and I haven't done the research on dosage because it's impossible to get where I live. I wouldn't trust anything online unless from medical research. Impossible to know from videos how much is really taken. I wish you success with whatever you choose.

Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Yes if one is unconscious before taking cyanide it will be peaceful. But how would one be unconscious first and take cyanide later??

Reactions: color_me_gone
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Yes if one is unconscious before taking cyanide it will be peaceful. But how would one be unconscious first and take cyanide later??
You go a couple days without sleep and take something like mélatonine to trigger the point of where your eyes feel like when they shut you will sleep. At this point you take the cyanide and enjoy not fighting the urge to sleep anymore. You can simulate this all before taking cyanide and until you feel confident.

Reactions: ronigail9 and Swedish Equality
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
This is what it looks like to die by cyanide poisoning (skip to 7:40):

Quick, but very uncomfortable.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Fehler, ronigail9, sadworld and 5 others
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
Cyanide, nembutal... I mean these are heavily restricted substances. I personally wouldnt take the risk of getting caught.
You see ending up in jail is not really part of the plan...

Sodium Nitrite, is ok in terms of reliability and peacefulness and it is easily available on the internet. No struggle here.

Reactions: sadworld and dandan
AmbleNorth

AmbleNorth

Mar 28, 2019
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

This is why. Doesn't look very pleasant.

Michael James Marin was an American financier, lawyer, ex-Wall Street trader, and millionaire who committed suicide by cyanide ingestion after being convicted of arson.

Edit: Looks like someone already posted this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kikoo Loool and Psilo
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I'm not really sure how that's seen as unpleasant. You get a visual of less than 30 seconds in the video and where he reacts to his body shutting down/falling to the floor. No matter the drug, you're going to have that kind of reaction to your body refusing to work if you're awake and which is why you would want to take anything right before sleep. Even nembutal can resemble that reaction to death approaching while awake.

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected and Soul
Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Their mechanism is different. Nembutal puts you in coma and slowly stops your heart and breathing. There's no pain or distress.

Reactions: sadworld, Darkhaven, crea_the_hopeless and 1 other person
AmbleNorth

AmbleNorth

Mar 28, 2019
Philip Neitzke mentions cyanide deaths around 27:10 here:

He implies Ramon Sampedro's death through cyanide was painless and peaceful, as illustrated by a video - I have not seen the video of this. When I look at that court video, the presence of death throes, agonizing grunts, and struggling does not look rather peaceful to me. Maybe Philip and I have different definitions of pain - his being more physical stimuli and mine including psycho-sensory agony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashpac
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Their mechanism is different. Nembutal puts you in coma and slowly stops your heart and breathing. There's no pain or distress.
I'm surprised you think a coma is better than what is shown in the video. Reports of people being conscious in a coma make me favour a short amount of pain before death. I've had experiences of sleep paralysis and it's not pleasant.

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless
Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I'm surprised you think a coma is better than what is shown in the video. Reports of people being conscious in a coma make me favour a short amount of pain before death. I've had experiences of sleep paralysis and it's not pleasant.
Ok.....you seriously need to do your do your research before making your own conclusions. We are presenting you the facts and you are babbling your own theories. Believe whatever you want to believe, stop making stupid arguments.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Ok.....you seriously need to do your do your research before making your own conclusions. We are presenting you the facts and you are babbling your own theories. Believe whatever you want to believe, stop making stupid arguments.
How am I babbling theories in comparison to your writing? You can google consciousness while in a coma and I'm not attempting to deter from either method. I just don't see cyanide as a painful death compared to what you've written that are not really facts at all.

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected, pthnrdnojvsc and Soul
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
It won't be fun but remember that all that pain won't matter when you die

Reactions: Max Castilho, pthnrdnojvsc, asdasan and 2 others
N

neveranyhope

Mar 27, 2019
I had a colleague who I believe did it this way. (I never knew him personally and he was at an office in a different city across the country.) He worked in IT and was able to send a delayed message to the police department letting them know to send a haz-mat group over and the neighrbhood was evacuated and the house tented when they went in to get him. I'm not sure if all that would have been done for cyanide, but I know he used deadly chemicals and sent out a warning at some point so that when they went to get him nobody else would be harmed.

He still has a LinkedIn profile and this happened over 5 years ago. It's very disturbing.

Edit: actually, I just watched that video, and if that guy was able to bring cyanide around other people and it didn't hurt anyone, my colleague must have done something different. Now I'm curious.

Last edited:
Gina

Gina

Unknown
Sep 2, 2018
I would not recommend that, I read that its extremely painful.

Reactions: Powderedmonster
A

abid

Mar 24, 2019
So going over the posts above mine, I got my answers I think:
- What makes Cyanide good?
That it's fast, but it also has a bad associated with it, namely the pain associated while you are dying but the pain is a completely subjective topic and it depends from people to people on how willing anyone is to endure it for a couple of minutes it takes cyanide to act upon.

- Just that if you happen to have a lab setup like in Breaking Bad, it's a perfect choice else it's just theoretically good?
Yes, sadly it is just theoretically good for most of us. Since it has got legal implications and requires a Breaking Bad style lab. On top of it, I also don't think it is going to be cheap and will add more stress to anyone than they can take (unless ofc you have a lab lying around somewhere). From what it looks like, even if you try it, anyone coming to rescue has to be informed in advance so that they don't try to CPR as from what I've read it also makes the air inside you.

Thanks!

Reactions: Gina
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Imagine intense burning in stomach and suffocate (even though you are breathing)
Does anybody know why there is no suffocation during SN method and suffocation during cyanide method? Both poisons induce hypoxia (hypoxemic in case of SN and histotoxic in case of cyanide), but hypoxia itself does not cause feel of suffocation.

Reactions: Umbrellaterm
AmbleNorth

AmbleNorth

Mar 28, 2019
Does anybody know why there is no suffocation during SN method and suffocation during cyanide method? Both poisons induce hypoxia (hypoxemic in case of SN and histotoxic in case of cyanide), but hypoxia itself does not cause feel of suffocation.

I would like to know the answer to this, as well.

Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I think nobody is a professional to know all the details. We share what we know....if there are confusions Google is your friend.

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
If you mix the cyanide (KCN) with any acid, you get HCN-gas. If you take a deep breath from it, you are instantly dead.

It's the same thing that happens in the stomach, KCN+gastric acid=HCN. It'll take a little bit longer.

Reactions: Homecoming, NoDream, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
'So what makes cyanide a good method?' Speed and lethality. One of the best methods, if you don't mind feelign very intense pain for a short (?) while.
Cyanide would be bliss compared to the brutal sodium azide ...

Reactions: Fin and Homecoming