U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
I used to love anime but now, I am worried about mangakas, and especially the animators. These creative people have literally voluntary slaves nowadays.

They are becoming more repetitive, full of filler episodes, ugly drawn. It's as if the creators behind are screaming for help. I mean it's dystopia.

I need to select my entertainment source cautiously. I know me not watching some anime won't make any difference but I am a big boy, I can live with that responsibility.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Yeah, sadly most animation studios, but very much a ton in Japan, are running like sweatshops. Low wages and all.

Reactions: username8888
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
I feel too weird to watch these shows and thinking about the animators and mangakas conditions. I mean they really make me feel the burden of 'anime industry'.

The worst part is that the creators have never been unionized under the term anime... Sad.

Reactions: Seered Doom
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Way more? I remember animes joking about the terrible working conditions of animators in animes from the 90s.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I can only cope with games/watching unhinged streamers nowdays as entertainment.

I loved tv shows years ago but now everything seems like it either has some agenda to it or it is poor quality. East or West.

Games are often similar but at least I can "play" them.

Reactions: BornHated