Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Like it or not, it has a lot to do with luck.

It starts as early as when you were born. If you are born into a great family, with loving and supportive parents, you are likely to have an easier life.

born into money born into intelligence born beautiful born normal or the oppsite born poor born stuipd born ugly born with a defect or mental illness

life is depressing because you don't get what you need or what you would want
life is depressing because you are facing your certain demise nothing forever
life is depressing because nobody wants you and your all alone
life is depressing because your gf or bf dumps you
life is depressing because you loss your job or home or car or pet
life is depressing because you get sick or injuryed and are unable to contiune living as normal
life is depressing because you loss someone you love to illness or injury
life is depressing because you are unable to support yourself or your family
life is deoressing because you don't have enough money to do the things you want or need too

Reactions: ObssessedEirika, DEATH IS FREEDOM, Gonnerr and 5 others
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Something, something about the journey, and something something because your spirit chose a hard life. Think that's how the script goes

Reactions: myusername890 and girlsboysthems
Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Life is nothing but a slot machine, I'm an ugly, short, stupid, loser virgin. I'd be living my best life if I were born tall, white and handsome and into a wealthy family.

Reactions: Leonardo Part VI and Darkover
D

Deleted member 65988

It's literally down to the luck of the draw from day one out of the womb...
Something, something about the journey, and something something because your spirit chose a hard life. Think that's how the script goes
I still think is absolutely ridiculous that we chose to have a hard life BEFORE we were even born, it would make a lot of sense if our lives were made harder by some of the decisions we've made, let alone how the decisions of others affects us. It's like choosing to be in poverty that will no doubt cause a lot of suffering and struggle.

Reactions: ObssessedEirika, Leonardo Part VI, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Some things are certainly luck and chance. Some are down to probability and effort though...

- If you don't leave the house, don't talk to people, don't make any effort- no- you won't have friends.

- If you have friends and don't make the effort to stay in touch- and they don't either- the friendship dies.

- Some people I guess are genuinely unlikeable despite making the effort which is sad. You'd still hope there'd be someone out there they could find something in common with but both friendships and relationships require effort and resilience and if all you get is rejection- that's hard.

- When a girlfriend or boyfriend dumps the other- there was clearly something wrong. People are complicated and again, sadly- it's risky either way. You risk being dumped when you're with someone or, you put up with feeling lonely. I guess we at least know the risks though.

- If you steal from your employer, do a bad job, can't be bothered, take the piss- likelihood is- they will try and get rid of you. Some things in life are cause and effect.

- Some aren't- being made redundant is shitty and many companies are ruthless.

- We know how long a particular animal is likely to live for so- death of a pet- while sad is predictable at the start. Maybe don't get one if it's going to be devastating to lose it. Same goes for a car! Or even a partner! My God Mum and God Father had a large age gap. She knew from the start she would likely be left alone in the end but she still thought it was worth it- before and after he died.

- Probably best not to live above your means to avoid losing a house but of course- unexpected shit happens. It's not inevitable though. Some people find other jobs, can remorgage.

- Some health conditions we do bring upon ourselves- excessive alcohol intake, smoking, drugs, bad diet are going to make us more vulnerable to certain things. We have a body which can't cope with excess of anything but- we do at least know that. It's just that we often push our luck! I probably brought about my gallstones. That was bloody painful. Some things of course come completely out the blue though and that's shit.

- I agree overall though- we didn't agree to play this game! And we didn't pick or customize the character we would get. Perhaps our parents should have taken a closer look at their traits and realised- hell no! I shouldn't be passing this on!

Reactions: ObssessedEirika and Darkover
D

Deleted member 65988

life is deoressing because you don't have enough money to do the things you want or need too
This is one of the reasons I've thought about ctb before i progressed to the point where I have everything in place but I'll say this, there's something about watching other people enjoy life, that they have all these options left to explore to their hearts content because they have the means to do so where as you can't, you're always on the outside looking in and will always be there, in that same position.

Reactions: Darkover
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I ask myself that whenever I think about slaughtered animals on my plate.

I don't really. I am aware "fair" is a tool we made up because our own ass wouldn't want to be on that plate.

Reactions: noSuffering and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The reality that chance so senselessly determines everything is certainly why I'd see it as a curse to exist at all. Existence itself certainly is the true problem to me, I find it disturbing how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they are enslaved in this hellish reality. Only never existing is perfect to me, it will always disgust me how humans actually decide to impose existence onto others even know such a thing is the source of all suffering and causes nothing but harm.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Universe sucks big man , shoud have never exist.

We are just a chain in the evolution, nothing special, another species going extinct someday. Universe dont care about suffering , every animal suffer at some point , we are no different.

Earth is just a big ball of madness and suffering.