sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

I feel like I died long ago
Jun 1, 2023
I'm autistic so that probably is why, but it just feels so difficult. I have no idea how to keep a conversation going in person or online. It's as if Im playing the most difficult game ever but with no manual to help. I wish I was neurotypical.

• Hugs
Reactions: lex, worthIess, divinemistress36 and 5 others
sdansht

sdansht

Apr 17, 2024
Me too. Very often, in the middle of a conversation I go numb, I don't know what to say and we both end up being quiet for a while until the other person starts speaking. I'm also very boring, I think I lost the ability of having interesting and engaging conversations quite a while ago.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, sorrowful, Denis and 3 others
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
I'm autistic so that probably is why, but it just feels so difficult. I have no idea how to keep a conversation going in person or online. It's as if Im playing the most difficult game ever but with no manual to help. I wish I was neurotypical.
Honestly same.

Recently I have been becoming a little TOO self aware & have figured out that my communication issues absolutely are a fault of my parents. I've always thought my parents were perfect. They've never laid a hand on me. But for ex: I got yelled at as a kid for confronting a bully. I told my parents about a family member trying to have intercourse with me & was told to not tell anyone.

Boom. Realizing the "why" in everything is hard.

Your feelings about struggling with communication are so valid. It can be very hard. Even a basic conversation that most wouldn't blink an eye over. You're strong for opening up about this.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful, sadidiot0328 and sdansht
sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

I feel like I died long ago
Jun 1, 2023
Me too. Very often, in the middle of a conversation I go numb, I don't know what to say and we both end up being quiet for a while until the other person starts speaking. I'm also very boring, I think I lost the ability of having interesting and engaging conversations quite a while ago.
Same here, I go quiet/shut down and silently panic because I don't know how to move forward in the conversation. Or it ends awkwardly and I kick myself later for it.

Honestly same.

Recently I have been becoming a little TOO self aware & have figured out that my communication issues absolutely are a fault of my parents. I've always thought my parents were perfect. They've never laid a hand on me. But for ex: I got yelled at as a kid for confronting a bully. I told my parents about a family member trying to have intercourse with me & was told to not tell anyone.

Boom. Realizing the "why" in everything is hard.

Your feelings about struggling with communication are so valid. It can be very hard. Even a basic conversation that most wouldn't blink an eye over. You're strong for opening up about this.
Thank you for the kind words, it's hard to open up about it other places but I feel like people understand here and aren't judgemental. Thank you again :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sorrowful, AmericanMary and sdansht
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
Schizotypal and selective mutism are my tormentors. I do not know how to engage with people either, quite literally forget every single social skill ever. Head goes blank and I shut down, then comes the wave of nausea. Can't get a singular word out of my mouth. For this I tend to avoid relationships, or going outside so I do not have any chance of getting dragged into conversation. If anything, I prefer texting since it gets rid of the selective mutism aspect, and it'll give me more time to think of an appropriate reply. But, there is still the issue of just..not connecting with people. I don't feel like I can relate to anyone, even if we do share similar traits. I will always feel alienated and like a complete outsider. Some sort of anomaly. If I do go through the trouble of building connections, they are plagued by a swift and inexplicable disgust, I end up despising them almost simultaneously. In the end it all spirals into complete regret and further self-isolation.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: worthIess and sadidiot0328
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I rly wish I knew. Your explanation put it really well, it's like everyone else got a "how to talk normally" manual but me, and now they're mad at me for not readin it. People (especially NTs, they're bad at this) need to do better and have some compassion for ppl who have a hard time talking. It shouldn't be so hard to see that someone's doing their best and have a little more patience for them.