• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

revolutionnaire23

revolutionnaire23

Love is a poison that I can't seem to cure.
Aug 6, 2023
Title. Can't really explain it all that much aside from the title.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
To many people believe it's up to God to take you and to suffer here till the end ..

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, SMmetalhead36, sserafim and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think it has to do with the fact that (most) people believe that life is a gift. They think that we should be grateful to be here. I think that they have a moral opposition to suicide and assisted suicide because they think that (human) life is sacred and valuable. It's weird though because they allow animals who are suffering to die painlessly with euthanasia, but don't allow the same for their own fellow species. I think this is because they assign more inherent value to a human life than an animal one. However, they seem to think that human suffering doesn't matter, and expect us to continue and live on, despite our struggles. I think that they're so against suicide and assisted suicide because they view death as inherently bad, and are scared (more like terrified) of it. I think they're afraid of confronting their own mortality and the fact that they too will die one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: revolutionnaire23, nogoodfatautist, Peerless_Cucumber and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because humans are such a disgusting species who want to make others suffer for as long as possible, those who are against the option of a peaceful exit from this existence really are severely deluded and selfish. It's hellish how existence was so cruelly imposed in the first place yet humans do all they can to make existence into a prison where one cannot peacefully escape on their own terms.

Having the option to peacefully cease existing in a guaranteed way would be extremely benefical to me as well, in fact it'd solve everything. I see suicide as self care and it's the prevention of all futile, unnecessary suffering in an existence that was always meaningless and undesirable in the first place.

I'd always prefer the peace of an eternal sleep to suffering for decades just to be tormented by old age, all that I see as ideal is non-existence. In fact I'd always see it as better to not exist as there are no disadvantages to not existing yet in existence there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

Reactions: revolutionnaire23, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 3 others
Skallagrim

Skallagrim

Apr 14, 2022
Death is terrifying to most people. When someone willingly chooses death over life it makes the average person feel extremely troubled. It shines a light on their own mortality and the fragility of life.

The supposed natural way of things, the lies people tell themselves about a wonderful existence, that people should be happy because they can see moons and stars, all shatter when someone reveals that they existed in misery so powerful that it overrode their own basic survival instincts and compelled them to end their life.

To the average person, this is a horror story made real.

Reactions: revolutionnaire23, Praestat_Mori, AdamOndiAhman and 3 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Because it's open to being abused

Reactions: revolutionnaire23
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
short answer?
"buh killing people bad/ death bad"

more nuanced answer?
most people are terrified of death and can't imagine wanting to end their own lives, or can't imagine themselves in a situation where the best choice is to kill themselves. there's so much insistence that "life is a beautiful gift" and "it'll get better", and there's some truth to that. But not everyone has reached the lows in their lives that others have. Some have gone through the worst and just have such strong mental fortitude that they manage to preserve and find meaning in their lives.

Most of the pushback against the right to die movement is people who simply don't know what it's like to be with their backs up against the wall, with no support system or nothing that can change their circumstances. Or they might think that they have no right to end their own lives and neither do others, because if their god wanted it to be like that, he wouldn't have made them go through whatever they did.

Humans have a strong will to live, and most have a very black and white moral code, and though the species has evolved through empathy, we sometimes tend to lack the deeper understanding of how our fellow man may feel deep inside.

Simply put, a lot of them can't put themselves in our shoes because they've never been where we have. Imagine making someone run their first ever race in high heels when they haven't even jogged a mile in comfortable shoes before, let alone worn heels. They're gonna complain about how much it sucks and they hurt, and they're gonna fall a ton. They're gonna say "you can't do this, there's no way anyone ever does this. I bet they just quit or switch into heels at the last moment", but there's a race every year, where men run in heels (look it up, I'm serious. it's actually cool)

tl;Dr: life is too sacred to them, or they can't relate to having enough of a reason to die, or perhaps they're too cowardly to

Reactions: revolutionnaire23, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Because people are brainwashed to believe many lies . One lie is that life is a beautiful gift.

1. Unbearable constant long lasting pain is much worse than anything could be good or pleasurable . Nothing is worth going through that kind of pain. 2. All humans and other animals get old . 3. Many very horrible things can happen to a human any day. Just these 3 show life is bad not good. I have many more than 3 but no time to type.

Suicide can be rational. So it's illogical to have made assisted suicide and nembutal crimes. But they have

Last edited:
Reactions: revolutionnaire23, divinemistress36, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
femmedelaville

femmedelaville

Feb 9, 2024
It's so ridiculous. everyone should be afforded autonomy over themselves fully and be able to get assistance when needed. It's interesting how it varies from culture to culture though. Those that do not deem it "sinful" or "immoral" actually tend to have a much higher suicide rate or they're more open about those who do successfully ctb

Reactions: revolutionnaire23, divinemistress36, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Because life is cherished and people usually want to live, so everyone assumes this is the case for everyone.

Only those who have depression can ever understand. I don't believe it possible for normal people to identify with emotional pain to the same level.

Yes everyone has sadness and grief from time to time, but a normal brain does not think suicide is a logical choice.

Slowly slowly people are starting to emphasise, the last decade there has been a lot of conversation in society about well-being and mental health, removing some stigma. We still have a very way to go.

Reactions: revolutionnaire23, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 3 others