bret217

bret217

Oct 25, 2023
I've been reading a lot of peoples preferred methods as SN. My research on it is somewhat limited, so perhaps someone can make more sense of it for me. The studies I've found show about a 15% death rate and about a 86-90% hospitalization rate. I personally would find keeping something like this down as it should act like an emetic, very difficult. Maybe I'm missing something here, anyone wanna enlighten me?

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It's widely recommended to take an anti - emetic such as Metoclopramide with sn.
Also, recommend are sedatives and antacids.
The sn dosage needed can also depend on body weight.
20gr for regular size body, and 25gr for large.
The success rate for ctb by sn is approximately 83 % death rate.

Reactions: ThisIsLife
N

NaNO2_is_the_answer

Oct 18, 2023
I got the antiemetic (meto) from an online doctor, and SN from a Polish website, no problems.

The 15% death rate you mentioned, were they suicide attempts with the correct method, or just accidental ingestion?

And the 86-90% hospitalization rate, the trick with SN is that you don't want to be found because then they'll administer methylene blue, which saves you.

Also, I guess that guns, nembutal, and other peaceful methods are hard to get for a lot of people, so there's only hanging, jumping, SN.

Jumping is hard because survival instinct, hanging, I don't know, I guess it's scary or painful? With SN, you drink it, and you're hopefully gone

• Hugs
Reactions: coked_pigeon, ThisIsLife, EternalShore and 2 others
bret217

bret217

Oct 25, 2023
The 15% death rate you mentioned, were they suicide attempts with the correct method, or just accidental ingestion?
Yeah, they're from official poison control reports in the US. Perhaps your explanation of being found is the biggest culprit behind this.

S

Svenhog

Oct 26, 2023
It's a valid questiong. If the survival rate is 85% then the method isn't good enough. It could be due to bad planning, not following the right protocol etc, but we can't know that for sure and this casts som doubts about the effectiveness of the method.

Reactions: Amyend88
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Cheap, accessible, effective, don't need a lot of preparations and setups, relatively peaceful.

D

Deleted member 65988

Why is asking about why sn is so popular, so popular and so repetitive. This has been asked numerous times already over the years, it has already been answered so I suggest you look there. I don't think I'll even address the above studies of 15% fatality rate either, I think a lot of what's on this thread has been covered before quite enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ThisIsLife and Meditation guide
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I'm not a fan of SN personally, but each to their own. We know for a fact that a shotgun to the head and full suspension hanging have the highest success rates of all methods, so make of that what you will.

C

chrisfm

Aug 8, 2022
It's widely recommended to take an anti - emetic such as Metoclopramide with sn.
Also, recommend are sedatives and antacids.
The sn dosage needed can also depend on body weight.
20gr for regular size body, and 25gr for large.
The success rate for ctb by sn is approximately 83 % death rate.
I have incurable cancer, and want to take sodium nitrite to end all my copious suffering. Can you tell me the details of how much Metoclopramide to take and when to take it? I'm not good with computers, so if you recommend I go to a different section to find out this info, I hope you can give me a link to it. Many thanks! --Chris
I have incurable cancer, and want to take sodium nitrite to end all my copious suffering. Can you tell me the details of how much Metoclopramide to take and when to take it? I'm not good with computers, so if you recommend I go to a different section to find out this info, I hope you can give me a link to it. Many thanks! --Chris
PS-- Can you also tell me, do I need to take sedatives and antacids in addition to Metoclopramide? Is Tagamet OK, and when should I take it? Can you tell me the details of this? Any help you can provide would be VERY gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Hi Chris.

Go to the suicide discussion page and click on " suicide resources " .
There is plenty of information there that will tell you everything you need to know.
Any problems, just send me a message and I will try and help.

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Because SN is relatively painless, comfortable and quick.

The keyword is 'relatively'. Sure, it's not perfect, you are going to feel nauseous, lightheaded and probably even anxious. Especially if you take only SN and nothing else.
But dying is 99,99% of the time very uncomfortable.

The famous "dying in sleep to a heart attack" thing that people have in their heads, is actually just a myth. Even heart attacks are painful, and people experiencing them are certainly going to wake up from their sleep and are going to feel discomfort, pain and anxiety. It's just the nature of dying.

If you're looking for a perfect method that just puts you to sleep calmly, well there are always opioids such as fentanyl and barbiturates such as N.
But most people can't get their hands on them, so it also comes down to accessibility.

Reactions: coked_pigeon, Iamtired, Deleted member 65988 and 2 others
cursedcure

cursedcure

palliative care
Oct 8, 2023

PS-- Can you also tell me, do I need to take sedatives and antacids in addition to Metoclopramide? Is Tagamet OK, and when should I take it? Can you tell me the details of this? Any help you can provide would be VERY gratefully appreciated.
hey, could you send me a private msg?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Why is asking about why sn is so popular, so popular and so repetitive. This has been asked numerous times already over the years, it has already been answered so I suggest you look there. I don't think I'll even address the above studies of 15% fatality rate either, I think a lot of what's on this thread has been covered before quite enough.
Is the rate bs?

J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
15% death rate? Sounds a bit low to me.

D

Deleted member 65988

Is the rate bs?
From the report of that paper and how many people they took into account, it isn't that doesn't mean that it's the overall fatality rate of SN in its entirety and that 90% required hospitalization.there are other medical papers that outline the difference in fatality between those that took SN accidentally and those that took it intentionally and the difference is rather high, with more dying from SN due to an intentional overdose.

bret217

bret217

Oct 25, 2023
Because SN is relatively painless, comfortable and quick.

The keyword is 'relatively'. Sure, it's not perfect, you are going to feel nauseous, lightheaded and probably even anxious. Especially if you take only SN and nothing else.
But dying is 99,99% of the time very uncomfortable.

The famous "dying in sleep to a heart attack" thing that people have in their heads, is actually just a myth. Even heart attacks are painful, and people experiencing them are certainly going to wake up from their sleep and are going to feel discomfort, pain and anxiety. It's just the nature of dying.

If you're looking for a perfect method that just puts you to sleep calmly, well there are always opioids such as fentanyl and barbiturates such as N.
But most people can't get their hands on them, so it also comes down to accessibility.
yeah was more wondering why not other chemical ingestions, I have some benzalkonium chloride for example that seems like it might be a better option. Mines 50% so 25-50grams of liquid would be more than enough for me. My 200g bottle was 13 dollars shipped no questions asked. - there is no treatment for this type of poisoning, best they can do is try to flush you with IV fluids.

C

chrisfm

Aug 8, 2022
Thank you so much for your message; you are so kind. I'm afraid I'm computer illiterate, and although I was able to find the suicide discussion page, I wasn't able to find the suicide resources to click on. Could you please send me a link to the page where it tells you how exactly to use SN to commit suicide? I'm very ill now, and need as much help as I can get. Many thanks!!

C

chrisfm

Aug 8, 2022
Hi Chris.

Go to the suicide discussion page and click on " suicide resources " .
There is plenty of information there that will tell you everything you need to know.
Any problems, just send me a message and I will try and help.

C

chrisfm

Aug 8, 2022
Also, if you could please send me a link to the 'suicide resources' page, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

bret217

bret217

Oct 25, 2023

@chrisfm