N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
I've browsed the forums a bit, and I see SN as almost the predominant method for ending it. Is there a reason for this versus other things like Helium exit bags or hanging? I looked up some studies and it seems to not be a particularly fantastic way to go.

Reactions: Swabbie, Hurt, Huntfish34 and 4 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Well, for many users it is really easy to get and cheap and reliable. I think those are the most important factors that make it so popular.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Hurt, Huntfish34 and 8 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
4 reasons 1) its easyish to get/cheap 2) you can take meds with it to make it more peaceful 3) if you do fail the chances of brain damage are really slim 4) the chances of success are actually pretty good if done correctly

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Nimbus, Huntfish34 and 15 others
N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
I didn't know the chances of brain damage were extremely slim. That's been the dominant fear of mine that's kept me from doing it myself, so that's really interesting that it differs from most methods in that way.

Reactions: Wraith, x~Sophia~x, botanormal and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I didn't know the chances of brain damage were extremely slim. That's been the dominant fear of mine that's kept me from doing it myself, so that's really interesting that it differs from most methods in that way.
totally, failing and being in the hospital and everything is bad enough. forget lasting damage.

Reactions: Huntfish34, Wraith, x~Sophia~x and 4 others
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Same as Life_and_Death said:

4 reasons 1) its easyish to get/cheap 2) you can take meds with it to make it more peaceful 3) if you do fail the chances of brain damage are really slim 4) the chances of success are actually pretty good if done correctly

Also, for me, I have suffered through incredible physical pain many times in my life. So I am not worried about the potential pain with SN (although I really hate throwing up!).

One thing I know for sure, physical pain eventually ends one way or another.

Mental pain? Not so much in my case.

<3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, UglyDuck666, Lil and 8 others
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
For me it's just the fear of brain damage. If I don't go I certainly don't want to be a vegetable.

Reactions: RABITIA, ShornSoloists, Huntfish34 and 7 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm too dumb to do something like exit bag or co and not mess it up. Can't get N, H, or F. Drinking salty shot is easier and less scary than full hanging, and partial is easy to not do right or back out of. Jumping is scary af. SN is just all around easier, less scary, and if one changes their mind or messes it up it's not an issue.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Spitfire, Huntfish34 and 8 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Both hanging and exit bag done incorrectly results in brain damage.

With SN all you do is drink it with water.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Huntfish34, Ghost2211 and 3 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
Legal as shit, son... effective if done correctly, with intention. Cheap to most & less likely to cause serious bodily injury if found in time/changed mind. Although experiences inevitably vary, seems like at minimum, an-okay method to go.
Edit: Although, it seems to be becoming less available, especially in the UK. Whoudda thought?! :: Insert eye roll ::

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x and Wraith
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm not in love with this method, SN, but at least I can have it here in a little jar in case I decide I have to end it all. It's easy compared to the rest.

Reactions: Nimbus, Spitfire, Green Destiny and 3 others
N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
What are your guys' opinions on gases/exit bags? It seems to be a much more peaceful way to go but I assume there's the fear of botching it, something going wrong and suffering brain damage?

Reactions: Spitfire, Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
What are your guys' opinions on gases/exit bags? It seems to be a much more peaceful way to go but I assume there's the fear of botching it, something going wrong and suffering brain damage?

Scary as hell putting that bag over your head! :ehh: And to be found like that - not for me.
I thought I'd go with jumping, but even that scares the crap outta me. :shy:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Ghost2211, Weary Soul and 2 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
It's easy to get for many people, cheap, reliable, and relatively quick, which makes it an appealing method for a lot of users.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I'm not a fan of it really, I'd rather go with nitrogen - too complicated and expensive, or CO - too unreliable. The last thing I want is to wake up again, or suffer some kind of horrendous illness or brain damage afterwards. So SN it is, quick drink, last cigarette, then hopefully out unconscious in 5 minutes and know nothing else.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Silvermorning, Huntfish34 and 4 others
Railiah P

Railiah P

Nov 7, 2020
I've browsed the forums a bit, and I see SN as almost the predominant method for ending it. Is there a reason for this versus other things like Helium exit bags or hanging? I looked up some studies and it seems to not be a particularly fantastic way to go.

I have been wondering about this too. I never thought of SN or any medication/ poison. But recently I have been exploring my options because I'm scared to try a gun. SN sounds good but idk where to get it.

Reactions: Huntfish34
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
N used to be the big one here. SN was the poor cousin. But since N has become impossible to get and the potential complications of SN have been well explained and nullified, it's become more popular. Now it's becoming harder to get so other methods will probably become more popular again.

Gunshot and hanging still make up the lion share of suicides worldwide. I guess they're less interesting to talk about and the side effects of failure can be horrendous. And the SI that comes up with drinking something seems less than pulling the trigger or kicking the chair because you still have time to pull out.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Swabbie, Silvermorning and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I agree with all those. Also it can also be very simple to execute if you do it like i would fast 8 hours, 30mg meto then 45 minutes later 25 g SN in 50 ml water ( have backup glass ready).

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Life_and_Death
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I agree with all those. Also it can also be very simple to execute if you do it like i would fast 8 hours, 30mg meto then 45 minutes later 25 g SN in 50 ml water ( have backup glass ready).
I think meto is a waste of time, there's no guarantee you won't vomit anyway, just drink more if you do.

1000mg Paracetemol or 600mg Ibuprofen (or a combination of the 2 - I find that works really well for normal pain) 1 hour before.
Ant acid (milk of magnesia or rennies or something 30 minutes to 20 minutes before).
25g of SN in 50 ml of water with at least another of the same backup, and maybe a 20g/50ml 3rd backup.

Job done.

My doctor amazingly prescribed me some proton pump inhibitors out the blue (see what I did there), but I won't be using those either.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I think meto is a waste of time, there's no guarantee you won't vomit anyway, just drink more if you do.

Meto potentiates the SN since Meto can cause methemoglobinemia by itself.

N used to be the big one here. SN was the poor cousin. But since N has become impossible to get and the potential complications of SN have been well explained and nullified, it's become more popular. Now it's becoming harder to get so other methods will probably become more popular again.
SN has now become the new N.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Huntfish34, Lostandlooking and 2 others
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020

1000mg Paracetemol or 600mg Ibuprofen (or a combination of the 2 - I find that works really well for normal pain) 1 hour before.
Ant acid (milk of magnesia or rennies or something 30 minutes to 20 minutes before).
25g of SN in 50 ml of water with at least another of the same backup, and maybe a 20g/50ml 3rd backup.

Job done.

My doctor amazingly prescribed me some proton pump inhibitors out the blue (see what I did there), but I won't be using those either.
Why not go for propanol? I have 80mg pills so I'm thinking I'll crush them up and put the 800mg into the SN drink. I want to black out as quick as possible. I'll also probably take 80mg dose like an hour before drinking SN

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Why not go for propanol? I have 80mg pills so I'm thinking I'll crush them up and put the 800mg into the SN drink. I want to black out as quick as possible. I'll also probably take 80mg dose like an hour before drinking SN
800mg is a huge amount to put in 50ml of water.
You would need a magnet stirrer:heart:

chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
800mg is a huge amount to put in 50ml of water.
You would need a magnet stirrer:heart:
Maybe drink it in another glass then? I know you don't want too much liquid though

Reactions: SmellyRat
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Maybe drink it in another glass then? I know you don't want too much liquid though
Then you end up with 100ml of water.

Since i really bad gag reflex, and salty liquid makes me throw up i'm melting dark chocolate with SN :ahhha:

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and chrisbate7
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
Then you end up with 100ml of water.

Since i really bad gag reflex, and salty liquid makes me throw up i'm melting dark chocolate with SN :ahhha:
Good idea. When are you fixing to CTB?

Reactions: SmellyRat
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Reactions: Huntfish34, Weary Soul, chrisbate7 and 1 other person
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
No idea honestly, but i know i can't keep suffering like this for too long.
I'm in the same boat. Just can't bring myself to do it yet. But I feel like my resistance is fading

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Huntfish34, SmellyRat and 2 others
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I want to go now but I can't. Son is here. I don't know how much longer I can hang on for.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Nimbus, clocktower and 4 others
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
I think that another reason not really mentioned too much here is that the SI is a lot easier to overcome, or at least it seems so in my opinion. much easier to ingest something akin to salty water plus some pills than try to gain the courage to jump off a building or shoot yourself in the head. it's more familiar and seems less scary in my mind.

Job done.

meto does not prevent you from throwing up in the SN method. the reason it's used is that it aids the absorption of the SN into the small intestine, therefore it gets into the bloodstream much quicker. we all know that even with meto, most people throw up. but it is recommended as it makes the death swift. plus all the other things you mentioned, makes for a pretty painless exit.

Reactions: Silvermorning, pthnrdnojvsc and SmellyRat