S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
I've tried it like a hundred times and nothing seems to work? Anyone able to black out?

Reactions: Aftertheafter and Klee
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Briefly once. Lots of trial and error finding the right spot.

Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
Two words; Survival Instinct

Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
It really is not. If you tried a hundred times and you're still here it's probably the SI keeping you from really committing to it.

Reactions: LADY007, lissyb and Emily_Numb
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Because you can stop. Full is simple because you cannot.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix, LADY007 and Woodnote
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've been doing some reading into partial and looking at old threads. There were a few people saying they had a little more luck with passing out once they really committed to it and applying more pressure with their ligature. Along with a lot of trial and error in trying to find the sweet spot

Reactions: LADY007
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
Maybe weight has influence on being able to find the sweet spot. Someone should make a poll.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Because you keep saving yourself.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I consider this my "backup" method, in case SN doesn't do the trick. I did test it once, just to see how I could do it, and I managed to get lightheaded fairly quickly.

It seems like this is the method you hear/read about the most when celebrities commit suicide. That always makes me think it must be super easy... but then, we have no idea how many times they actually tried.

Reactions: LADY007, restingspot and Huntfish34
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
If you've tried doing in 'hundreds of times' then it's not the method that's stopping you. It's your SI kicking in. I know I could wrap a satin ribbon round my neck and hang from a door handle. If I sat down and didn't panic, I'd be gone in a minute or two. Perhaps your subconscious is telling you it's just not time to leave?

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
If you've tried doing in 'hundreds of times' then it's not the method that's stopping you. It's your SI kicking in. I know I could wrap a satin ribbon round my neck and hang from a door handle. If I sat down and didn't panic, I'd be gone in a minute or two. Perhaps your subconscious is telling you it's just not time to leave?
I don't know about subconscious, but certainly fear/SI. I think that fear is the biggest factor, don't you?

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I don't know about subconscious, but certainly fear/SI. I think that fear is the biggest factor, don't you?

I don't know. I've been choked out a few times and it's relatively peaceful. I've had it happen in less than 20 seconds before. Had someone not been with me to remove the ligature, I would have died for sure. If you hit the right spot you can be lights out in under a minute.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm gonna have to disagree with the comments so far, based on personal experience.

I cannot find the sweet spot. My cartoids are simply too deep. The point for me of partial is that it's supposed to be peaceful, but every time, I just had a lot of pounding in my head and ears.

I have tried every position, with intent to follow through. From the hanging megathread diagram, I've tried every position but full. I've tried laying face down. I've ended up with petichiae on my eyelids for a couple of days.

I think it was position three, where I put my legs out in front of me and dropped my butt like I was going to sit, that it was just too much. It was super intense in my head, and I aborted. Maybe it would have worked, but it was my jugulars that were blocked, not my cartoids. No thank you. If there were terrorists at my door and I had to die before they broke in, then yes, I would follow through. But there were no terrorists at my door, and so I choose to not die like that if there are other options, and for me there are. Unfortunately, the one I have, SN, is going to cause me breathing problems, so I have to be really ready before I commit to that, and things aren't bad enough yet. I tried the ReBreather, I tried charcoal; if they had worked, I'd already be gone. If I had N, I'd already be gone.

So, respectfully, I had a feeling like some of the comments here had a blaming tone toward the OP. It got a bit on my nerves (those are my feelings, I own that, no one made me feel them), and I wanted to speak up and offer a different perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evermore, Werewolf and peacefulhorizons
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
I don't know. I've been choked out a few times and it's relatively peaceful. I've had it happen in less than 20 seconds before. Had someone not been with me to remove the ligature, I would have died for sure. If you hit the right spot you can be lights out in under a minute.
Were you just trying it for fun, or as a test? Not sure of how it was so peaceful. Choked out by another person makes sense to me, but by a ligature that you can get to/untie is really difficult unless you just have very little fear response. Have tried in many, many different positions, and the same thing. Were you using a scarf? Tried a scarf, rope, belt.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Were you just trying it for fun, or as a test? Not sure of how it was so peaceful. Choked out by another person makes sense to me, but by a ligature that you can get to/untie is really difficult unless you just have very little fear response. Have tried in many, many different positions, and the same thing. Were you using a scarf? Tried a scarf, rope, belt.

For fun. It's peaceful because it happens so quickly if, like I mentioned, the right spot is found. If something can make you black out in 20 seconds, I'd say that's about as peaceful as you can get. It wasn't a scarf. It was a 2" leather collar, that wasn't even tight enough round my neck to 'hang'. If you lean into it and the spot is tight, that's all it needs. But of course, everyone's blood flow in their neck is different. Just because that made me black out, doesn't mean it will work for all

For me to black out there 'biting' point is actually high up my neck, at the highest point on my windpipe in fact, along with pressing across my pulse points. We are all different though. You are talking to someone who likes getting choked out 'for fun' :))

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LADY007 and restingspot
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
For fun. It's peaceful because it happens so quickly if, like I mentioned, the right spot is found. If something can make you black out in 20 seconds, I'd say that's about as peaceful as you can get. It wasn't a scarf. It was a 2" leather collar, that wasn't even tight enough round my neck to 'hang'. If you lean into it and the spot is tight, that's all it needs. But of course, everyone's blood flow in their neck is different. Just because that made me black out, doesn't mean it will work for all

For me to black out there 'biting' point is actually high up my neck, at the highest point on my windpipe in fact, along with pressing across my pulse points. We are all different though. You are talking to someone who likes getting choked out 'for fun' :))
I understand and am jealous. I wish I were like you and could "have fun" doing this.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I understand and am jealous. I wish I were like you and could "have fun" doing this.

I understand. We are all different. Maybe it's fun for me because I don't care if I live or die. I hope you find some peace

Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
I have been resting for a week for partial. very difficult to find the ideal point ...

Folie

Folie

Jul 14, 2020
I plan to tie a scarf around my doorknob or bed post and start on my knees. Then i'm just gonna stick my feet out or put tons of pressure on the neck by pushing forward. You can go unconscious in seconds that way.

Reactions: restingspot
Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
I plan to tie a scarf around my doorknob or bed post and start on my knees. Then i'm just gonna stick my feet out or put tons of pressure on the neck by pushing forward. You can go unconscious in seconds that way.
I don't want to be negative. I tried it that way many times I never pass out

Folie

Folie

Jul 14, 2020
I don't want to be negative. I tried it that way many times I never pass out

I tried it, and I don't think I'm going to have an issue with it at all. I'm gonna welcome it. I've passed out from asphyxia before so I know it's definitely possible.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I would consider jumping if I could do so from an aircraft flying low enough where I could open the door and bail. Summertime would be best, not Winter, unlike this scene: