Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
I have always wondered this, it's almost like an easy cop out to shut that person down. If that's the case though, 50% of any forum is trolling lol. "Real" trolling would be taunting people or simply trying to get a rise out of someone with purposefully ridiculous comments. "The Sky is green" *arguement ensues backing up something obviously ridiculous*.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, VIBRITANNIA and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
yeah, i always thought the definition of trolling was to be annoying to others just to make yourself laugh basically, but youre right. ive noticed people will say "troll" just to stop the argument because they dont have one lol.

did something happen? or are you just randomly thinking?

Reactions: Blue LIPS
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's not. Calling someone a troll if they disagree with you is a cheap shot and intellectually lazy at best.
Trolling is disagreeing just to get a negative response. Sometimes trolling is obvious and the only response is to not respond, any argument gives the troll what they want.
However, if it's not obvious trolling then the logical default must be to accept it as an argument.
Calling someone out as a troll just because you disagree with them is an attempt to dismiss, manipulate and bully.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Lostandlooking, Mm80 and 1 other person
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
yeah, i always thought the definition of trolling was to be annoying to others just to make yourself laugh basically, but youre right. ive noticed people will say "troll" just to stop the argument because they dont have one lol.

did something happen? or are you just randomly thinking?

Nah just randomly thinking... like always lol my lightbulb comes on too much

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Nah just randomly thinking... like always lol my lightbulb comes on too much
ok :) i just wanted to make sure no one was being mean to you and you wanted to talk about it :)

• Hugs
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
It's not. Calling someone a troll if they disagree with you is a cheap shot and intellectually lazy.
Trolling is disagreeing just to get a negative response. Sometimes trolling is obvious and the only response is to not respond, any argument gives the troll what they want.
However, if it's not obvious trolling then the default must be to accept it as an argument.
Calling someone out as a troll just because you disagree with them is an attempt to dismiss, manipulate and bully.

Nail on the ol' head :p
ok :) i just wanted to make sure no one was being mean to you and you wanted to talk about it :)

Well thank you for that :) it's just more of an annoyance in general, maybe some will check it out and see that their terms may need some adjusting.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Calling someone a troll when they're not really trolling...classic troll move :pfff: I feel like "troll" is just a polite way to call someone an asshole. Disagreeing is fine. Its easy to disagree with someone without acting like a straight butthole, I think when someone gets personal or nasty without cause, it stops being a civil disagreement and starts being TROOOOLLLLLLL

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Calling someone a troll when they're not really trolling...classic troll move :pfff: I feel like "troll" is just a polite way to call someone an asshole. Disagreeing is fine. Its easy to disagree with someone without acting like a straight butthole, I think when someone gets personal or nasty without cause, it stops being a civil disagreement and starts being TROOOOLLLLLLL

Kinda like a kid throwing a tantrum lol.

The second part would more likely be flaming, could turn into trolling though.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
probably because they don't want to have a real discussion in the first place, or think that's it so absurd that someone would dare have an opinion different from theirs.

• Hugs
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Blue LIPS
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
'Troll' is so overused to have lost a lot of its impact/meaning.
Bit like calling someone 'racist'. Although there are some racists obv, the fact that it's used so much now in so many different contexts without justification has rendered it almost meaningless.
But perhaps I'm getting too political now...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dreamless Sleep, inactive and Blue LIPS
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
'Troll' is so overused to have lost a lot of its impact/meaning.
Bit like calling someone 'racist'. Although there are some racists obv, the fact that it's used so much now in so many different contexts without justification has rendered it almost meaningless.
But perhaps I'm getting too political now...

And now the "Karen" thing on SM I see being tossed around just as much against any woman with an opinion that goes against the grain. It's all bullying type behavior.

Reactions: Blue LIPS, esse_est_percipi and inactive
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
And now the "Karen" thing on SM I see being tossed around just as much against any woman with an opinion that goes against the grain. It's all bullying type behavior.
It's a pity because Karen was such a great meme initially, lol.

Reactions: Blue LIPS and Dreamless Sleep
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

Feb 1, 2020
It's a pity because Karen was such a great meme initially, lol.

It was! lol. And there are still definitely some Karens out there. But I see it constantly in FB groups... people use it casually in disagreement like "ok Karen". smh it's just a generic insult against women now and its bullshit.

Reactions: Blue LIPS and inactive
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've been called a troll so many times for all the things I say that eventually I just accepted that sometimes I am one.

Even my attempts to be honest and just say how I really feel end up being perceived as trolling to most people because they just can't understand it so to them it has to be trolling. It could also mean I'm just really awful at actually getting my points across sometimes. I really just wish I was normal so that people wouldn't have to assume I'm always trolling just for having a point of view.

• Love
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

Feb 1, 2020
I've been called a troll so many times for all the things I say that eventually I just accepted that sometimes I am one.

Even my attempts to be honest and just say how I really feel end up being perceived as trolling to most people because they just can't understand it so to them it has to be trolling. It could also mean I'm just really awful at actually getting my points across sometimes. I really just wish I was normal so that people wouldn't have to assume I'm always trolling just for having a point of view.

Never let what people say silence you. There is no such thing as "normal". We are all unique and we all have the right to say what we want. If they dont like it... eff em!

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and esse_est_percipi
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Never let what people say silence you. There is no such thing as "normal". We are all unique and we all have the right to say what we want. If they dont like it... eff em!
Thanks for the encouragement. Awareness of this fact can keep me going sometimes. It's why I find places like this more refreshing where disagreement doesn't get nearly as ugly as like Reddit or Twitter. :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dreamless Sleep