Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
Feeling like such s fucking failure right now. I've been trying to ctb for two weekends straight and SI get the better of me every time.

Why is this so fucking hard?
Why can't I just die? I just want to die.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kkamasal, pthnrdnojvsc, NoPoint2Life and 8 others
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Feeling like such s fucking failure right now. I've been trying to cbt for two weekends straight and SI get the better of me every time.

I get this so hard. I haven't even attempted yet. May I ask what method you've tried?

Reactions: myusername890 and hopemeetshopeless
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
We aren't made to let ourselves go so easily. If we were the human race would have died out very quickly. I've been ready to go for over a decade now and I'm still fucking here despite valiant attempts not to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: kkamasal, myusername890, annikae and 3 others
S

SpeckofDust

Jul 16, 2024
I totally get it. I've tried many times this year. I need to do it soon. May we find peace in the near future!

• Hugs
Reactions: Felodese, hopemeetshopeless and CantDoIt
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Feeling like such s fucking failure right now. I've been trying to cbt for two weekends straight and SI get the better of me every time.

Honestly living feels impossible for me right now and dying just as difficult.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life and hopemeetshopeless
hopemeetshopeless

hopemeetshopeless

Sep 20, 2024

Same. I should have never got rid of my gun I was intending on using the first time a few months ago. Now I have all these extra steps just to get back to the barrel in my mouth. Sat in front of the gun store for 3 hours Friday just staring at it... Couldn't get the courage to override my anxiety and tornado of thoughts and walk in. Wasted a ton of $ on Uber getting there and back. It's hard. It's fuckin hard. I think it's just hardwired from our ancestors who had to survive for so long, it's engrained into our genetics. It sucks. Wanting to die so bad but not having the balls to make it happen yourself. I'm not afraid of death. I'm really not. I'm just afraid of inflicting violence against myself in the moment. Like the actual physical part of it. I just keep making my life worse hoping it pushes me over the edge at some point.

Reactions: WhatMightHaveBeen and divinemistress36
W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
I've been feeling the same way.

We are the product of 3.5 billion years of natural selection for survival. We have the weight of all that programming working against us, and it takes a truly heroic amount of human willpower to go against it.

• Love
Reactions: Felodese, brokeandbroken and hopemeetshopeless
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away

The tension between will (or desire) and the survival instinct is a profound struggle that touches on our deepest impulses and decisions, especially in contexts involving life and death.

• Love
Reactions: Felodese
Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
I get this so hard. I haven't even attempted yet. May I ask what method you've tried?

Inert gas + exit bag
Same.
I think it's just hardwired from our ancestors who had to survive for so long, it's engrained into our genetics. It sucks. Wanting to die so bad but not having the balls to make it happen yourself. I'm not afraid of death. I'm really not. I'm just afraid of inflicting violence against myself in the moment. Like the actual physical part of it. I just keep making my life worse hoping it pushes me over the edge at some point.
Yeah, like this barrier in my brain that keeps me from doing harm to myself, and that I can't get past. At this point I just wish someone would do it for me...

Last edited:
Reactions: CantDoIt
Oeoe3

Oeoe3

Aaaahhh
Aug 21, 2024
Feeling like such s fucking failure right now. I've been trying to ctb for two weekends straight and SI get the better of me every time.

This is so true, and every time I go to research for available methods I see people at the very end saying that death isn't the only option and that I could talk it out with therapy or the suicide helpline. First of all, not everyone could afford therapy! Why in the world do you even think I searched this stuff for? And second of all that helpline was useless and only suggested the same money hungry thing. Not only is it hard to die but it's literally harder to live. This is my only help, rachel!

• Hugs
Reactions: CantDoIt and Felodese
T

timewisemanner

Jul 28, 2024
yeah, my first SA was trying to jump off, but I was so scared of heights that I just stared for about 15 seconds before climbing back in. It's very painful, I don't wanna live, yet I also don't wanna die. I can do nothing but weep in sorrow.

• Hugs
Reactions: Felodese
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Because life is a prison, you are not supposed to escape from prison easily.

• Aww..
Reactions: kkamasal, suicidenow, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I relate so much. I hate that I'm trapped in existence. I'm nothing more than a prisoner and I hate it. I want to be free but I can't since humans are cruel and will always keep euthanasia illegal for people like me

• Hugs
Reactions: kkamasal, CantDoIt and Felodese
Chaosire

Chaosire

Literally insane, legally speaking
Sep 23, 2024
Does SI prevent you from taking that final step to start your attempt, or does it make you abort the attempt halfway through?
If it's the latter: watch a video or something. That's how I've gotten through the waiting times for things to kick in. A few seconds feel can suddenly feel like an hour, but with distractions it can bump that down to feeling like a few minutes, for me.

Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
Does SI prevent you from taking that final step to start your attempt, or does it make you abort the attempt halfway through?
If it's the latter: watch a video or something. That's how I've gotten through the waiting times for things to kick in. A few seconds feel can suddenly feel like an hour, but with distractions it can bump that down to feeling like a few minutes, for me.

Honestly, it's been both.
Thank you for the tip

Reactions: Chaosire
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand just wishing to be gone, personally it feels so cruel to me how it's so difficult to die, I wish for a painless death to just take away all the suffering for me but anyway I hope that you find peace.

Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
I understand just wishing to be gone, personally it feels so cruel to me how it's so difficult to die, I wish for a painless death to just take away all the suffering for me but anyway I hope that you find peace.
I wish I could just fall asleep and not wake up. I can't take this anymore, but apparently I can't end it either.

Reactions: CantDoIt