🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
This image looks inviting. Screenshot 20240614 031138

Reactions: davidtorez
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
Because people think of death as an absence of something.

Consciousness
Love
Life
People that have died.

A lot of people think of it as an ending to something or someone.

It's why religion is so popular but honestly it all sounds so convenient. People don't like/want to feel afraid of something that happens to all of us so they talk in circles about it to ease that fear.

I just wish the fear of death other people had didn't rule society's view on death and dying.

Reactions: cowboypants, fleetingnight, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
LostinTime24

LostinTime24

Discharged&Defeated
Mar 26, 2024
I think people who generally have things work out for them meeting very little resistance in life with good families and strong relationships assume this is everyone experience or that everyone can achieve it. So they assume death is sad as everyone hypothetically is missing out on those factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: cowboypants, limeoctave, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Because people think of death as an absence of something.

Consciousness
Love
Life
People that have died.

A lot of people think of it as an ending to something or someone.

It's why religion is so popular but honestly it all sounds so convenient. People don't like/want to feel afraid of something that happens to all of us so they talk in circles about it to ease that fear.

I just wish the fear of death other people had didn't rule society's view on death and dying.
Then we are fortunate to not dislike it. Dying sounds horrifying but I've read posts on Reddit about the nothingness of death being terrible. I don't see how nothingness can be terrible.

Reactions: Hollowman and davidtorez
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
But I mean there is no nothingness. The absence of conscious awareness doesn't turn something into nothing.

There can be no nothing. I hate when people use that word. Nothingness. It can't exist. Just because something isn't intelligent or aware of its surroundings doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it doesn't mean whatever is in its environment doesn't exist.

Life can die and break down into its original form due to the reduction of reductive processes.

An absence of human consciousness means nothing is such a human egoistic thing to say. Limited to or caring only about yourself and your own needs. The universe doesn't need us, nature doesn't need us. The laws of physics don't need consciousness or an observer. We like to make this about us or put ourselves in the center and we are not even in the center of the galaxy we live in.

It makes me laugh how silly people are. How absurd and silly we all can be.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
But I mean there is no nothingness. The absence of conscious awareness doesn't turn something into nothing.

There can be no nothing. I hate when people use that word. Nothingness. It can't exist. Just because something isn't intelligent or aware of its surroundings doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it doesn't mean whatever is in its environment doesn't exist.

Life can die and break down into its original form due to the reduction of reductive processes.

An absence of human consciousness means nothing is such a human egoistic thing to say. Limited to or caring only about yourself and your own needs. The universe doesn't need us, nature doesn't need us. The laws of physics don't need consciousness or an observer. We like to make this about us or put ourselves in the center and we are not even in the center of the galaxy we live in.

It makes me laugh how silly people are. How absurd and silly we all can be.
We, our minds, become nothing though

QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
You can't become nothing. Your body will break down into something lesser than what you are now or feel you are now. Minus your feelings and emotions and awareness, the particles in your body will break down and move on into something else. Your matter and energy will transform into something else.

I don't think there can be an absolute nothing in this universe we live in. Even now your body is sluffing off so many skin cells that fill the air around you. Floating in the dust particles you breathe in.

Your body will feed back into the planet we live on and other life forms will use that energy or matter to do something with it. Your bones will hold up the soil until they are crushed into dust and then that dust will be washed away and flow into pockets of water. There are minerals in your bones. It will feed the animals drinking from that water if it ever makes it to the surface.

You can have your corpse composted and it can feed a forest. There is not nothing there it is simply something transforming into something else.

Reactions: yellowjester
sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

I feel like I died long ago
Jun 1, 2023
I don't know why but the image you attached feels comforting. A sense of warmth.

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
Idk, because religion has brainwashed the idea of hell, and apparently sleeping is a bad thing

• Yay!
Reactions: Ambivalent1 and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Why would it be sad to never being able to suffer excruciating pain again?

It's ridiculous to fear never being able to suffer extreme pain .imo a human would have to be heavily programmed to fear eternal non-existence.

Also Death is going to happen anyway.

A human doesn't exist continuously anyway . Every night During dreamless sleep you go away, you disappear , you are not existing during dreamless sleep every night showing that consciousness is an illusion, a temporary simulation of the brain only .

The following quote proves that a human is only some thought that they currently paying attention to. You can only think of one thing at a time . Imo you don't exist when paying attention to some boring chore or watching a video. Only when you are thinking I am existing. But what are you? Just a current thought imo

"There is no whole self. Any of life's present situations is seamless and sufficient. Are you, as you ponder these disquietudes, any- thing more than an indifference gliding over the argument | make, or an appraisal of the opinions I expound? "
—JORGE LUIS BORG

Imo humans are not taught reality what they even are just an animal a machine who thinks it's you just cells

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: QueerMelancholy
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
Why would it be sad to never being able to suffer excruciating pain again?

It's ridiculous to fear never being able to suffer extreme pain .imo a human would have to be heavily programmed to fear eternal non-existence.

Also Death is going to happen anyway.

A human doesn't exist continuously anyway . Every night During dreamless sleep you go away, you disappear , you are not existing during dreamless sleep every night showing that consciousness is an illusion, a temporary simulation of the brain only .

The following quote proves that a human is only some thought that they currently paying attention to. You can only think of one thing at a time . Imo you don't exist when paying attention to some boring chore or watching a video. Only when you are thinking I am existing. But what are you? Just a current thought imo

"There is no whole self. Any of life's present situations is seamless and sufficient. Are you, as you ponder these disquietudes, any- thing more than an indifference gliding over the argument | make, or an appraisal of the opinions I expound? "
—JORGE LUIS BORG

Imo humans are not taught reality what they even are just an animal a machine who thinks it's you just cells

Thank you for sharing this with me it's beautiful. I especially love this part:

"Reality has no need of other realities to bolster it. There are no divinities hidden in the trees, nor any elusive thing-in-itself behind appearances, nor a mythological self that orders our actions. Life is truthful appearance."

"Up to this point the argument is banal; its distinction lies in its application to spiritual matters. Are desire, thought, happiness, and distress my true self? The answer, in accordance with the precept, is clearly in the negative, since those conditions expire without annulling me with them. Consciousness — the final hideout where we might track down the self — also proves unqualified. Once the emotions, the extraneous perceptions, and even ever-shifting thought are dismissed, consciousness is a barren thing, without any appearance reflected in it to make it exist."

Tremendous.​

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's usually mainly sad with the context that whoever died still had more they could have done with their life. Sometimes it's just sad that the person is no longer around anymore. Other times the circumstances of the death itself can seem sad whether it's by suicide or worse things like murder or some freak accident.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
You can't become nothing. Your body will break down into something lesser than what you are now or feel you are now. Minus your feelings and emotions and awareness, the particles in your body will break down and move on into something else. Your matter and energy will transform into something else.

I don't think there can be an absolute nothing in this universe we live in. Even now your body is sluffing off so many skin cells that fill the air around you. Floating in the dust particles you breathe in.

Your body will feed back into the planet we live on and other life forms will use that energy or matter to do something with it. Your bones will hold up the soil until they are crushed into dust and then that dust will be washed away and flow into pockets of water. There are minerals in your bones. It will feed the animals drinking from that water if it ever makes it to the surface.

You can have your corpse composted and it can feed a forest. There is not nothing there it is simply something transforming into something else.
The mind disappears!
@QueerMelancholy why don't you think it disappears?

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: QueerMelancholy