A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
how is abortion allowed and not suicide?? makes little sense tbh... allowed to take another's life when you can't even take your own?

also, i wish there was a country that i could go to where i could ctb legally in peace. is there such a place?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Numbtopain97, Bahbah Blacksheep and 9 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Only one country allows suicide due to depression, and it is Belgium, a long and expensive process. But there is legal, even though 5 psychiatrists have to reach the same verdict.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Eatyourveggies12, death137 and 5 others
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
@Sherri, would you know if it's possible if i could go to belgium as a foreigner and apply for such a process there?

Reactions: death137
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
@Sherri, would you know if it's possible if i could go to belgium as a foreigner and apply for such a process there?
I think so as the girl who I saw the documentary wasn't Belgium was Dutch.

• Wow
Reactions: death137, Hurt, stygal and 2 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
because abortion, a bundle of cells in a body, you are not technically a person yet, in professionals eye's you are nothing, with no birth certificate committing you to a life in this world,
Suicide you are here, you have a life, you are someone,

there is a difference between the two.

Reactions: torimandy, sugar, lex and 22 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
If you want the link I can send it to you of the documentary.

Reactions: alfie
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018

There you go, I've posted it a few times.

thanks! i watched that one before already on youtube. belgians must have quite a progressive legal system, at least in that aspect

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
thanks! i watched that one before already on youtube. belgians must have quite a progressive legal system, at least in that aspect
She didn't go ahead, on the day she was meant to do it she gave up. But I also heard she then went forward with it. But that's hearsay. I don't know if it's true.

Reactions: Meditation guide
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
how is abortion allowed and not suicide?? makes little sense tbh... allowed to take another's life when you can't even take your own?

also, i wish there was a country that i could go to where i could ctb legally in peace. is there such a place?
Both should be legal since every woman should have a right to choose and probably wouldn't make a good parent when forced to keep a child.
I'd prefer more emphasis on contraception though but it is what it is.

But for suicide: It definitely makes no sense to not give you decision-making power over your own god damn life.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, torimandy, profoundexperience and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

There you go, I've posted it a few times.

Emily suffered terribly her entire life but at least she had a painless exit.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, profoundexperience, ConfuseTHEneck and 4 others
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
#legalizeit

Reactions: Buffy5120 and NegativeSymptoms
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Emily suffered terribly her entire life but at least she had a painless exit.
So she is gone now? Good to know, I had no idea what happened next. Didn't know if for sure. Now I do thanks.

Reactions: Meditation guide
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
it took several decades for certain drugs to be legalized... this is proof that it takes a formidable effort to change people's minds...

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire and lostangel
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
She had physical ability to run around to doctors and do what was needed. I don't have that much even. I found myself envying her, for that much.

• Aww..
Reactions: Numbtopain97, profoundexperience, lex and 3 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I believe in time it will. Enough people came to their senses and thought abortion should be legal and it became legal depending on where you're from. I think it's only a matter of time before it will.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, profoundexperience, AprilsBlessings and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I believe in time it will. Enough people came to their senses and thought abortion should be legal and it became legal depending on where you're from. I think it's only a matter of time before it will.
It took tremendous time and fighting and resources to legalize it and it's under threat of being disallowed soon in usa. This does not come without a huge battle for many years.

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, demuic and lostangel
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Better to have never existed. A fetus doesn't have the capabilities to experience pain or sentience the way a living, breathing human does. By preventing life from existing in the first place you are preventing suffering both for the parent and the potential offspring. Oh, and that abortions will happen regardless of the legality of the procedure, so we should keep it accessible to prevent botched back alley setups/violent means of abortions. I believe it is hard for the same pro choice people to extend their logic to those who are already here on earth because we are taught from day one that suicide is a selfish act, taking your life harms others, things can get better, and all that jazz. They can't really fathom an existing life being worse than death.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Numbtopain97, Lupgevif and 3 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Both should be legal since every woman should have a right to choose and probably wouldn't make a good parent when forced to keep a child.
I'd prefer more emphasis on contraception though but it is what it is.

But for suicide: It definitely makes no sense to not give you decision-making power over your own god damn life.
I don't think it makes any difference if it's legal or not... plenty commit suicide and it's not as if the law can press charges against them. Even people who fail in their attempt aren't charged with attempted suicide, and prosecuted. And let's face it, there aren't many who could afford to go through the expense of the long and drawn out assessments to decide if one has the mental capacity to decide to take their own lives. It's a total farce.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I think so as the girl who I saw the documentary wasn't Belgium was Dutch.
She was Belgian, speaking Flemish, not Dutch. Similar but distinctly identifiable.

Reactions: aeon
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Because humanity doesn't make sense.
On the one hand, they don't want you to be born. On the other hand, if you're born you can't kill yourself and have to live even though you'll suffer lots.

Anyway, I bet in the future more countries will allow people to CTB easily, just like Belgium.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and alfie
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Abortion wasn't always legal, it was only made legal in my country(Ireland) a year ago, but as society progresses so do the laws. In the future I believe euthanasia will be legal also but unfortunately changes in laws and societal beliefs/norms take time

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, CC123, demuic and 5 others
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
There should at least be a small area in the world where the truly hopeless can go to legally access a peaceful exit. I find it demeaning, honestly, that what we here deem to be the "holy grail" is meant for cats and dogs. Not to degrade such pets but if they can get it, why can't we? N was born of human sentience, that which makes us different from other animals, but we cannot ctb via our own product because of what makes us "special"?
the thought that one day i will be able to legally access n to ctb excites me but, at the same time, i don't want to get my hopes up

Last edited:
Reactions: demuic
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Abortion is allowed under the theory that a woman's body belongs to her and if she wants to end a pregnancy she has that right.

As for assisted suicide, people don't think you should have the ability to humanely kill yourself because they are deuchebags.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, auniqueusername669, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Weird, I wonder why murdering a pregnant woman is considered two murders. At what point does the bundle of cells become a life? Is it a human past the third trimester?

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Weird, I wonder why murdering a pregnant woman is considered two murders. At what point does the bundle of cells become a life? Is it a human past the third trimester?
past 24 weeks, which is the abortion limit.

it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
They should be equally allowed under proper conditions, and in the case of suicide, age ranges.