L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Ok so this question has been bugging me for a while- why in books/films (and even in real life but I've seen it mentioned in books and films the most) do people try and ctb by slitting their wrists in a warm bathtub? Why specifically a warm bathtub and not somewhere else? Not going to attempt this method for obvious reasons due to low success rate but I'm still curious. Also I might just be being thick but I still wanna know.

грустная сука

грустная сука

сладких снов~
Dec 24, 2023
I think you bleed out faster in water. That's what I've heard, anyway.

Reactions: lifewasawillowtv
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
Probably because it's a familiar, comfortable and relaxing place. I have tried to CTB in the bath before (not that method though) and that was one of my reasons.

• Love
Reactions: lifewasawillowtv, tiger b and LunarLynx
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I always heard that the water stopped the blood from clotting (so it would continue to drain out of you) but I've seen people hold their wrists out of the water in movies and shows and stuff too lmfao so I could be way off

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I'd bet it's somewhat because of the way it is usually portrayed in movies. Also easier to clean I'd imagine.

dustyrainbow

dustyrainbow

Apr 15, 2023
If I'm right the water prevents the blood from clotting, also the flow is more even? And I imagine if you lose consciousness, you're also drowning in addition?

If I also remember right, they're most likely showing methods with a low success rate, if anyone's trying to attempt based on that.
At least that's what I heard in terms of dosage of medications.

But these are only assumptions, ofc.

And another thought on that is, in media, the bath tub just looks kinda dramatic?
Partial hanging in the wardrobe just wouldn't be the same vibe.

And if I did it in the bath tub; one of my reasons would be to combine methods (blood loss, overdosing, drowning) and to feel "at home" and "safe". I could try to make it as comfy as possible; using my favourite scents, listen to music.
And if someone else is in the house and you're usually taking long baths, it wouldn't be that suspicious if you lock yourself into the bathroom when you're committing.

Still not my preferred location tho, I don't need to be found by family members. Still alive? Chance of being left as a vegetable. Dead? Traumatising them.
Doesn't sound appealing overall.

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
So uh I guess two reasons: not messing up the environment and I think blood would diffuse into water so it would be easier to bleed out. And maybe it is comfortable that way, who knows, but it is still really really hard to achieve death this way and chances are you would either be in pain or you wouldnt die at all.