T

TheNextScreen

Oct 23, 2020
Hi,

I am new here. I am a 55 year old man with Crohn's and daily angina attacks and arthritis is almost all my joints. I am in not that much pain now, but I am scared to end up with a hospital visit I can't afford and it will wipe out the pittance I have saved as an inheritance for my children.

I want a quick exit kit should I need it and since my heart has been acting up almost all day every day I'm getting nervous. In order for the heart surgery I need it will require $125,000 deductible and copay. To be able to work to pay that off I need two new shoulder joints, at 125,000 for the left and 125,000 for the right shoulder. I don't have quite the amount for even one of those surgeries. This means I can't work and I'm waiting for the "Big One Elizabeth I'm coming to join you!" which could knock me out and before I know it I could owe 12,000 for a two mile ambulance ride, and 125,000 best case for the surgery I never wanted. And that's just the beginning. Judges and courts these days will garnish wages, steal retirement accounts and even throw people in PRISON for not paying medical bills. The whole system of private insurance and and healthcare is sadistic and designed to filch and fleece the middle class for every last dime they have under penalty of imprisonment. I don't want to play that game.

Even if you don't want the medical care, never authorized the medical care the judges can force you to pay, steal from your children's inheritance to fatten the wallets of already rich medical community sadists. If you are unconscious they can do whatever they want and charge whatever they want. It's too dangerous to not have a plan and a way to quickly exit if you suspect you will need hospitalization.

At some point I am going to need a quick exit pack, gas or drugs, I'm not sure but I need protection soon. If I feel that I am having a cardiac event serious enough to cause unconsciousness then I will be rape bait for healthcare execs and they will be able to do anything to me and charge me literally millions of dollars for it. If I have pentobarbital kit then I can take it and the hospital won't be able to string me along until I'm flat broke and millions in hock.

It's a sorry state of affairs how healthcare has become a mob-like extortion, give all your money and go perpetually into debt just to breathe. Our society is a society of sadists who derive glee and joy at the fleecing the private healthcare system does to middle class Americans.

I am not the kind of person to ask for financial help and I would refuse a social funding campaign because nobody should have to pay those exorbitant expenses least of all the struggling middle class people who would likely donate.
I have no desire to put loved ones in debt just to survive in this formerly greatest nation on Earth but now a rancid shithole country who calls me "SUCKER AND LOSER" for serving during Desert Storm. Mankind has allowed the biggest morons and most vile of sadists to destroy our children's future exclusively for the ejaculatory glee of sadistic pathological-liar elitists.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ulisses, Ghost2211 and MiseryLovesMyCompany
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
I mean i always talk negative about the NHS service in England, but it makes you appreciate free healthcare.

I'm sorry everything that has brought you here, wish i was a billionaire so i could pay it all for you, but i'm broke. I hope it all works out for you, god bless :heart:

Reactions: MiseryLovesMyCompany
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Welcome to SS.
I'm sorry that these outrageous bills have brought you here. I've never understood US healthcare system.
You can find many methods and a nice community here.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Hullo. Welcome. Both sad and glad you're here.
I hope your time here is as peaceful and pleasant as possible as you prepare. Crohns is terrible. I can relate, and on top of everything else, and the health care costs...
Here. A hug of support.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Welcome to the group. I'm sorry to hear your dealing with such difficult health issues, and it's awful how the medical system and billing works. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

S

SNOB

Apr 7, 2020
americas healthcare is a joke. why dont you sign everything over to your children? get the medical help you need and then declare bankruptcy ?

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I'm really sorry to hear your story and how the health system is organised in your country it's free here and they put you in priority if needs be. The health of national is considered to be fundamental concern along with food clothing and housing, you would be better of in a second world country like this one.