DrearyAsh348

DrearyAsh348

May 8, 2023
I am completely dysfunctional and have massive identity issues. I have no hobbies, interests, or any way of connecting with others. I suspect I am a narcissistic person or perhaps a sociopath. I never had normal experiences like others. In short, I have literally no knowledge of pop culture at all. This includes games, books, movies, shows, anime/manga, YouTubers, or any kind of media for entertainment.

I lack the ability to find enjoyment in 99% of things and I believe that is something innately wrong with me that has been present since childhood and/or birth. Maybe because I was born prematurely? I never developed normally as a person and I am so messed up that I can never have a job, have relationships of any kind, or experience the things most people do daily. I am also a shut-in. I believe it's best I avoid people and they avoid me.

I literally cried when I had to read my Interpersonal Communications class textbook chapter about friendship because I realized I don't have the impulse to ask friends for help with tasks like setting up a new computer or studying for a test. I literally always just Google things or figure them out on my own if possible; it didn't occur to me that most people actually interact with others way more than I ever do/have done. I've never actually talked to many people other than the 3 friends I've had since middle school.

Basically, I don't see reason to believe my condition is fixable, and it causes me misery and creates expenses for my family. I will probably never get a job, find love, or have a normal human life. I am listless and empty inside 99% of the time. I have only one wish: to be at peace.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: babiebeann, Hyes, yourrealname and 2 others
Hyes

Hyes

Oct 28, 2023
I don't get pop culture either dude. And I fucking hate asking for help, I hate it when others hold open doors for me. Even if I'm carrying shit, I still have fingers and feet I can use to manipulate doors!! Especially people trying to take things from my hands they think is too heavy for me lol.

I think it's best you just keep applying for jobs. Get on indeed, make a resume, and just apply everywhere. Getting a new job and going is such a change of pace that your mind will take a bit to readjust and the time you spend out of work becomes totally recontextualized. I'm not saying this so you can be a slave to the machine; it's more just the biggest and most effective change to your routine you can do.

I know this sounds blunt, or impossible for your case. You likely left out something we don't need to know about. I struggle with many of the same things, if you can land an interview through indeed or just applying online somewhere, see if a phone interview is available?

Reactions: DrearyAsh348
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really understandable just wishing for peace from all the suffering as it must be dreadful what you have to go through. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: DrearyAsh348