kaleidoscopically

kaleidoscopically

Oct 3, 2022
When I wanted to sell my car to pay my dets off and go somewhere I could start a new life my parents stole my title so I got a job locally and was treated like a disposable when I decided I would leave I realized I don't have much hope I just wanted to it to stop

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sleeps, Sick of it all and Dead Meat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really can be awful how in this life so many things can go wrong causing us to suffer more. It's such a cruel existence.

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Wow what the fuck. There's a way to have 2 names on the title and not have to have the permission of the other party to switch it over... that must have been how they did it to you, if in the US at least? I understand not having any hope left, especially when your own family treats you like complete shit.

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
It's those moments that say "You don't want to die".

Reactions: Lily (Osako)
kaleidoscopically

kaleidoscopically

Oct 3, 2022
Wow what the fuck. There's a way to have 2 names on the title and not have to have the permission of the other party to switch it over... that must have been how they did it to you, if in the US at least? I understand not having any hope left, especially when your own family treats you like complete shit.
They physicaly took my car title with My name on it my name only

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
They physicaly took my car title with My name on it my name only
You can declare the title lost and go get a new one at the dmv (I'm assuming you're in US?) so you should be able to remedy the situation as long as you have access to the car (keys, registration, proof of insurance). If they withhold that from you somehow you will be able to take legal action since the title is only in your name. I don't know what the cost of the new title would be and if your registration has since expired you would have to pay that too plus the insurance. My ex was never organized and a complete alcoholic and left his paperwork scattered all over the place. I found his title folded up in a cabinet a few months ago (after he was legally required to move out). Just because I have it doesn't mean I can just go take his car lol. It sounds like your parents are just fucking with you and I'm sorry you are going through this.
Also always good to have extra copies of things hidden in a different place when you are living with manipulative crazy people. I would call the dmv and get info from them about what steps you would need to take. Best of luck.

kaleidoscopically

kaleidoscopically

Oct 3, 2022
You can declare the title lost and go get a new one at the dmv (I'm assuming you're in US?) so you should be able to remedy the situation as long as you have access to the car (keys, registration, proof of insurance). If they withhold that from you somehow you will be able to take legal action since the title is only in your name. I don't know what the cost of the new title would be and if your registration has since expired you would have to pay that too plus the insurance. My ex was never organized and a complete alcoholic and left his paperwork scattered all over the place. I found his title folded up in a cabinet a few months ago (after he was legally required to move out). Just because I have it doesn't mean I can just go take his car lol. It sounds like your parents are just fucking with you and I'm sorry you are going through this.
Also always good to have extra copies of things hidden in a different place when you are living with manipulative crazy people. I would call the dmv and get info from them about what steps you would need to take. Best of luck.
You don't get it I was about to sell it