paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
Some people have miserable lives that will continue to miserable until they die.

Some problems are permanent and they affect the way you function.

Imagine you wake up one day and find out you are permanently blind. Your whole perception of the environment is reduced to zero. You can no longer perform basic task. Every monday and friday you crack your head open because you can't walk down the stairs r the street. If you want to make your own coffee and pour the milk into your cup, you miss it. You cannot fend for yourself.

Disability is not the only undesirable situation that makes you unable to function. There are plenty of other situations as well. I think poverty is a fate worse than death for a very similar reason. Not having food on your table, having no heat in cold nights and no air conditioning on hot days. Having to work two degrading jobs where you get humiliated, harassed, insulted, having objects thrown at you and being other people's punching bag for 16 hours, having barely any time or energy to do house chores because all of that had been spent on work. Having something terrible happening to you, like loss of a loved one or a car accident that makes you disabled, and that means that now you're homeless, you're in the streets, you haven't slept for days, you haven't eaten for days, now you get beaten, robbed and raped despite having done nothing wrong. Having suffered trauma after trauma after trauma with no means to recover, no means to take a break and try to improve the situation and better your living conditions. You're kinda stuck in prison forever despite not being a criminal. This is worse than any horror movie that's ever made.

There are plenty of other problems that are just as dreadful like isolation, rape etc.

I think that if someone has been suffering from such permanent problem that makes him unable to function and he or she has been suffering for years with no hope for change and they've been wanting to die because of it for years no help and our society is unable or unwilling to help, Society's prevention is at the individual's best interest, it's not about respecting someone's pain threshold, set of values, worldview. It's about controlling him.

• Hugs
Reactions: iloveduster, CatLvr, SoulWhisperer and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it truly is horrific how there is no limit as to how much a human can suffer as long as they exist, I personally fear existence and for me personally I'd never wish to be burdened with something as so cruel and torturous as human existence, I see nothing desirable about suffering in this reality where chance so senselessly determines everything. I really wish painless suicide is accessible for me as it terrifies me how this existence could potentially continue for so long, I'd always prefer eternal nothingness over being trapped here for decades longer just to die painfully tortured by old age.

• Love
Reactions: paredler
Downdraft

Downdraft

Feb 6, 2024
Same. And even when it gets better, it's up to the individual to decide that. People ignore the terrible experience, and it isn't necessarily worth it.

When I joined I wasn't even suicidal or depressed, I literally just believe in the right to die lol.

Reactions: paredler