WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
The artstyle is just so elegant. Anime is one of the few things that provide an escape from the shitshow that is reality.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I wonder if there's literally *any* part of the internet that's been untouched by anime…

Or anime *is* the internet itself.
It's impressive how much internet culture has been influenced by anime and manga. They're inseparable at this point.

Reactions: Wrennie, Fragile and Panna
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I think I did a Google Image Search for "wait, what?" which I'd already chosen as my username. My avatar was one of the first pics that came up, and I liked it instantly. I'm not a diehard Archer fan, but I've seen enough of the show to recognize that it's supposed to be funny when Archer is out of his depth. Archer outwits most other characters by outweirding them. How weird must something be for even Archer to respond with blank incomprehension?

That's how I feel most of the time. The world makes no sense. I make no sense either. Every day some new, screwed-up thing happens, and I'm just left wondering, "Wait, what?"

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and motel rooms
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
It's hard for me to tell some of them apart, my brain just kind of morphs them together because they look so similar to me and it just looks like 1 or 2 people are spamming a whole thread. :ahhha:

Last edited:
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I hate anime/manga so much, bros...

• Yay!
Reactions: Somber and Grey-zoner
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
This post made me self-conscious cause I don't have an anime avatar. Maybe I should fix that. I WANT TO BE COOL TOO.
EDIT: There we go.

• Yay!
Reactions: Somber
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
There were some brave users that used their real pictures , I admired them for their courage. There was a time I wish I wanted to do the same, but decided not to, and now with the fixers and NYT. Definitely I won't put one up.

Reactions: Grey-zoner
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
There were some brave users that used their real pictures , I admired them for their courage. There was a time I wish I wanted to do the same, but decided not to, and now with the fixers and NYT. Definitely I won't put one up.
That's pretty bold for many forums. I guess if I was definitely going, and in a short period of time, then I wouldn't care anymore.

I'm 31 and haven't watched anime in a long time. I used to enjoy it, until my early/mid 20s. I think it's that this forum has a lot of younger users, and a lot of young people who don't fit in also like anime (this has been the case for probably almost 20 years).

Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
That's pretty bold for many forums. I guess if I was definitely going, and in a short period of time, then I wouldn't care anymore.

I'm 31 and haven't watched anime in a long time. I used to enjoy it, until my early/mid 20s. I think it's that this forum has a lot of younger users, and a lot of young people who don't fit in also like anime (this has been the case for probably almost 20 years).
I never watched an anime either, my avatar was sent by a user. And I liked it because my avatar she has big green eyes and so do I. But it ends there.

Reactions: Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
As a child I watched some old anime, mostly under the influence of my cousin being a fan of all things Japanese.

I probably like the Ghost in the Shell movies best. I can't say anime in general played a big role in my life, though, regardless of how kawaii it may be. 🤭

Reactions: OrcWitch
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I don't really watch anime, not since I was a teen. I like its animation style though.

Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Not gonna lie, the little back and forth dance is making me nervous. 😐
Oh like it's difficult to stare at and it's making you anxious hmm. Should I change it to a still image? I don't want to make people uncomfortable with my avatar.

• Hugs
Reactions: Silenos
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Oh like it's difficult to stare at and it's making you anxious hmm. Should I change it to a still image? I don't want to make people uncomfortable with my avatar.
I'm just one person so don't do it just for me if no one else is bothered. If I can't get used to it I can still choose to block the image with my uBlock browser plugin. Appreciate the concern though.

DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
Because it gives a +20% reaction score gain rate on their posts.

• Yay!
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Sparr0w
summertimestars4

summertimestars4

Jan 15, 2022
i've been wondering this too! i guess maybe it is popular around the world, and also like someone else said, it's an escape from reality. i find anime to be so beautifully done when it comes to the art, detail, and the worlds the artist creates. i wish i could live someplace like in the anime world. 😻 i wish the world was better but it's not, so i have to escape in something that can be anything we want it to be.

graile

graile

Jan 24, 2023
lol, was this always the case here? I was here a few years ago before I forgot my password and don't remember there being this many. I decided not to have an anime/manga face this time cause it seems like there are enough of them here... so I went with anime hands instead, lol.

There are also lots of hoonis from Suicide Boy, which was my avatar last time, but now when I see them I kind of imagine the person being a teen boy and feel bad for them. There are SO MANY hoonis now wow.

Last edited:
Meru

Meru

Mar 19, 2023
This is just an observation, but most people use the anime profile when they relate to a character. or maybe they dont want others to see their face, it can cause insacurity or risk things like say if another person you know is on the site, you vent on here, and the person who knows you sees your face on the vent post, they might give you unwanted help. I have a anime girl as my profile picture, but shes hanging which is something i would like to relate to. or you know. Pretty anime girl.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
ive seen a few users around with screenshots from the song ruru's suicide on livestream, which has an anime asethetic, as well as a few omori (where one of the endings has the MC commit suicide) and a few junko enshoshima pfps (where junko is... honestly shes just evil, and does inflict her execution "punishment" on herself per the game rules she set up), so i think a fair few are "this anime character commits suicide and i like them".

...someone mightve already said this, i skimmed the thread lol

LocalMistake

LocalMistake

update: found the 'change username' option lmao
Nov 26, 2020
i reckon there's some correlation between anime and suicidality... in the same sense that DND players always seem to be poly, ya know?

here's my excuse for being an anime gif user lmao:

313405380 649017070135322 7252666243157589423 n

(edit: made the image a little smaller)

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
mayb coz a lot of ppl relate to tht particular anime/character