• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
The Peaceful Pill eHandbook started mentioning this method a few years ago.
SN wasn't a method nearly as popular on this forum in 2018 as it is now.
At the time, plenty of methods were being discussed and SN was just one of them, many people
weren't quite sure how reliable it was. Now SN is by far the most discussed method on this forum.
I think that's because we have more data now which gives us confidence that is indeed pretty reliable.
The media avoids talking about it too much because they don't want to give people ideas. They assume the suicide rate would increase if more people knew about this method.

EternalDreams

EternalDreams

dreaming
Sep 19, 2019
The Peaceful Pill eHandbook started mentioning this method a few years ago.
SN wasn't a method nearly as popular on this forum in 2018 as it is now.
At the time, plenty of methods were being discussed and SN was just one of them, many people
weren't quite sure how reliable it was. Now SN is by far the most discussed method on this forum.
I think that's because we have more data now which gives us confidence that is indeed pretty reliable.
The media avoids talking about it too much because they don't want to give people ideas. They assume the suicide rate would increase if more people knew about this method.

I see, thank you for the info.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It has been in the media, though sometimes it's erroneously referred to as nitrate. Most of not all of the news reports I've seen have been in the UK.

I think part of it is that the media are aware that if they name a method of suicide, then more people will be likely to attempt with it. I think that's why suicides aren't heavily reported anyway, as whenever they are, there is an increase in attempts.

But yeah, I never heard of the method until I joined this site. I found the site when I was doing research on partial hanging. Lost All Hope doesn't even mention SN.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Shock and awe, that's all they want.

But for real, it's because promoting suicide is a big no-no in the media community. Even reporting suicides anymore is a very touchy thing, and only the most extreme of cases will even mention it.

As for methods, I am too, surprised that I have never seen an article regarding the SN method, it's probably in some local tabloid as an impact statement from someone, somewhere.

Reactions: EternalDreams