Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
Long time no talk. So, I am once again suicidal. I hear so often in the news of individuals dying of drug overdose. But it also seems so many people fail at it. I have access to pharmaceutical drugs. I have lithium, trazodone, hydroxyzine, migraine pills, venlafaxine, viibryd, and more. I also have stomach medication that help me with my Gastro paresis. do you think a combination of these tougher medications would work? When paired with the stomach medication and anti-medic? Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: woknows
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Most drugs combos don't work for most people, I don't know why. Also gastroparesis would make it harder and slower anyway. Also every body is different so what killed someone might not kill other people.

Reactions: enough of this and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I don't know about those particular meds, but mixing any kind of drug with alcohol can have potentially lethal effects.

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Any leathal combination of available medication would require vast amounts, would likely not kill instantly but you'd die of complications, if not in a coma quite likely with pain and other severe effects, taking days, weeks or longer. Or not kill you at all but leave long term health complications. Meds that are easy to od on are rarely prescribed as safer alternatives available.

• Informative
Reactions: enough of this, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NodusTollens and 3 others
O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
There's a wide variety of drugs. Those who die from overdosing most likely use different drugs from those who fail to do so.

The cases you hear about in the news are usually of opioid addicts whose tolerance got lowered and OD-ed on their next high. Other cases are of people administered with drugs that most people wouldn't have access to. There are also cases where a combination of drugs could be lethal depending on who takes it, so a certain combination would kill person A but not person B.

Most drugs we have at home won't kill us. Maybe some will but you either need to ingest an impossible amount or an OD will be excruciatingly slow, like slow enough to painfully regret it.

Reactions: NodusTollens, Lupgevif and LittleBabyNothing
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
drugs that are effective in overdose for the purpose of suicide are very well controlled

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, NodusTollens and x~Sophia~x
Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
Thank you, everyone. That makes a lot more sense that they would make them controlled like that. Do some people get nausea as a result of most anti depressants because they're made to be hard on the stomach? I've tried overdosing several times and it never worked, but I figured I'd ask.

Reactions: enough of this and ZardozOmega
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Honestly H or F are pretty much your only drugs that will effectively kill you with an od. Even those are questionable because you don't know and can't really test the purity of them.

A couple mgs of real F will kill you before you pull the needle out of your vein. Problem us that when cut, you may need 10 or 100x the lethal dosage to be effective.

Another problem trying to od on these is that if you fail, you can and probably will wind up with permanent brain and nerve damage. Then, as fucked up as your life was before, it will be even worse.

Had to add this edit:
Trying to od on orals is fucking stupid.

Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
I've made this recommendation a number of times: otc and even prescription medications can cause overdoses but in many cases do not lead to death. Your body is remarkably good at filtering out toxins, causing you to throw up or pass through drug molecules or poisons. Although there are obviously cases where drugs can cause an overdose leading to death, under the vast majority of cases, OTC and prescription drugs do not lead to death. In a high percentage of cases they lead to damage in the kidneys and liver which can be lasting but still not kill a human.

I highly advise against using prescription or OTC medication.

I'm not countering anyone's cocktail recipe that may work, just saying that human physiology is evolutionarily designed to not die when high doses of drugs are introduced.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
Chesswiz2002

Chesswiz2002

Jan 24, 2021
Because they simply don't work to bring about lethal changes in the dynamics of your body's vital systems (lungs, heart, brain, etc). F or H works by bringing about respiratory depression. Beta blockers work in some cases (by bradycardia, I believe).