The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Nov 27, 2023
You know, as we're approaching the due date (hopefully) it's dawning how meaningless it was to ever try to live. Years before the climax of these feelings we already had the thought of "It doesn't matter much what we do, I'm gonna die at 18." which.... has set us back considerably in life. No driver's license due to a failed follow through on a vacation in 2021, no job because "underqualified" / no way of driving to anywhere we could apply. A standard diploma since the last years of highschool we gave up and barely scrapped by to graduate so now upper hand in terms of colleges. And no friends to even really talk to, we talk sometimes to two friends but one lives hours away and the other is in Canada so we can't really ever hang out, not only that but everyone else we've previously known has just, forgotten about our existence so it just feels as if our years were wasted living for nothing. The only happiness we get now is from short dopamine boosts from our favourite games or just having a friend be interested in anything we do... but it's all temporary. At the end of the day we value nothing anymore since the end is in sights and we're just a greedy bastard who just takes everything and everyone for granted. I'm sure somebody could make our life work, but we're just not the one to do it, every day blends together and life has just come to a screeching halt with no hope in sight. The most we want to accomplish is getting a job so we can finally put an end to all this. Feels selfish even breathing this air.

ripberman

ripberman

Dec 24, 2022
I think you're onto something here—modern life is so hollow. People live for fleeting, hedonistic pleasures, and are somehow content with them; maybe they lack self-awareness?

The only thing that is substantial and meaningful in this world is genuine human connection, but so many people are unable to forge real relationships (for a variety of reasons). There are many obstacles in place that might prevent someone from accessing the one thing that truly matters, lots of arbitrary hoops to jump through. It genuinely feels shameful and degrading to live like this.

I hope you find peace, one way or another.

The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Nov 27, 2023
I think you're onto something here—modern life is so hollow. People live for fleeting, hedonistic pleasures, and are somehow content with them; maybe they lack self-awareness?

The only thing that is substantial and meaningful in this world is genuine human connection, but so many people are unable to forge real relationships (for a variety of reasons). There are many obstacles in place that might prevent someone from accessing the one thing that truly matters, lots of arbitrary hoops to jump through. It genuinely feels shameful and degrading to live like this.

I hope you find peace, one way or another.
Exactly, everything feels just less connected now, like we aren't meeting to form long lasting bonds but to have groups of people you can jump to at times. I don't know how people do it, nothing feels the same as it once did with old friends and people just seem so unappealing at times. Just not cut out for the type of world we're meant to be processed through like any other old Joe and it's so one note now, personally, thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: doormat25