• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Sweet Tart, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, bedhead_baby and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I don't

I try not to judge anime pfps but I am always silently judging them depending on show and style

Reactions: CloudyNight, lu15007, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
I don't

I try not to judge anime pfps but I am always silently judging them depending on show and style
Nuuuuu don't judge me D:

What's your pfp? I like it

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

…
Jul 10, 2023
anime pfps are fine, just people's preferences.

Reactions: ANONYMOUSM, not-2-b-the-answer, Sweet Tart and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Nuuuuu don't judge me D:

What's your pfp? I like it
Jet girl from the comic tank girl

secretly judging you because of the Golden Boy pfp but also not because I like the style of it and have yet to watch Golden Boy it looks so funny and I will never forget that gif of your character

edit: I can't- this is too funny and will always be funny to me besides all of the dramatic emotions and faces drawn in the show

golden-boy-boobs.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: sad_rock, FreeMind, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023

secretly judging you because of the Golden Boy pfp but also not because I like the style of it and have yet to watch Golden Boy it looks so funny and I will never forget that gif of your character
NOOOOOO watch it before you judge lol it's funny. The entire thing is on yt. Also I just love the art style.

But a comic, anime/manga, not so different 🤨🤨🤨🤨

I just find it funny most of us have anime/comic/cartoon pfps

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Rocinante and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
NOOOOOO watch it before you judge lol it's funny. The entire thing is on yt. Also I just love the art style.
it's on my watchlist but I never have any time also I had no idea that all of it was on yt thank you for telling me :)

yeah you're right anime/manga and comics/cartoons aren't that different but also I guess it depends on ones own preferences

but also I can acknowledge that I am a bit biased based on my bad experiences with people who have anime/manga pfps and the stereotypes associated with them

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and bedhead_baby
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023

edit: I can't- this is too funny and will always be funny to me besides all of the dramatic emotions and faces drawn in the show

golden-boy-boobs.gif
Queen. Also the part where he walks down the alley and just turns the corner

U z8FS

• Yay!
Reactions: sad_rock, not-2-b-the-answer and psp3000
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess that many people like that art style but it doesn't really resonate with me. I chose my profile picture as I see myself in it.

• Love
figure8

figure8

The sun goes down
Jul 17, 2023
I don't (the world explodes).

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, NoLoveNoHope, bedhead_baby and 1 other person
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
anime-think.gif

I've been puzzling over this for a couple minutes now. It's a hard question to answer,

For one, not all of us do. It looks like a third to a quarter of us have anime PFPs on a quick browse of the forums, which is still worth pondering.

If I had to reckon, the most important factor: Anime tends to be a convenient "face" for people of all stripes.

I have seen everyone from members of the trans community to extremist political movements adopt anime as symbols of their movement. And when the character didn't exist, oftentimes an artist will make their own. In the western world, this takes place via memes, but in Japan this extends to printed media. Anime art can be simple to create, is attractive and evocative, and easily sourced from screencaps, gif websites, and boorus.

Which leads me to a hypothesis: A larger proportion of those who find this site nowadays are anime fans. These are the folks who as adolescents spent time on Tumblr, YouTube, 4/8chan, various forums, and other corners of the net where they developed an appreciation for the medium; and by degrees became quite internet-savvy. Such that, when life events made them quite depressed for long enough, they eventually unearthed this website and its many resources, and quickly grabbed a suitable character as their persona before hopping into the community.

But that's just a hypothesis, practically untestable.

It's certainly possible that weebs are on average more depressed than the typical individual. It's also possible that it's dependent on communities - I saw a huge proliferation of anime PFPs back when the Tantacrul video first dropped. But I'll leave both of those as exercises for the reader.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Lammpz, fwompie, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
anime-think.gif

I've been puzzling over this for a couple minutes now. It's a hard question to answer,

For one, not all of us do. It looks like a third to a quarter of us have anime PFPs on a quick browse of the forums, which is still worth pondering.

If I had to reckon, the most important factor: Anime tends to be a convenient "face" for people of all stripes.

I have seen everyone from members of the trans community to extremist political movements adopt anime as symbols of their movement. And when the character didn't exist, oftentimes an artist will make their own. In the western world, this takes place via memes, but in Japan this extends to printed media. Anime art can be simple to create, is attractive and evocative, and easily sourced from screencaps, gif websites, and boorus.

Which leads me to a hypothesis: A larger proportion of those who find this site nowadays are anime fans. These are the folks who as adolescents spent time on Tumblr, YouTube, 4/8chan, various forums, and other corners of the net where they developed an appreciation for the medium; and by degrees became quite internet-savvy. Such that, when life events made them quite depressed for long enough, they eventually unearthed this website and its many resources, and quickly grabbed a suitable character as their persona before hopping into the community.

But that's just a hypothesis, practically untestable.

It's certainly possible that weebs are on average more depressed than the typical individual. It's also possible that it's dependent on communities - I saw a huge proliferation of anime PFPs back when the Tantacrul video first dropped. But I'll leave both of those as exercises for the reader.
Thank you for this in depth analysis. It's both a silly nonsense question, as well as an interesting one once you actually start thinking about it. I just found it funny and started counting all the anime and manga pfps in every thread.

• Love
Reactions: Lammpz, not-2-b-the-answer and StarlightDreamer
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Anime amaze

• Love
Reactions: bijou, carac, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
i like anime. watching them time to time. but actually i had this question too. the ratio of anime to other pfp's is too much :D

• Hmph!
UnfeelingVoid

UnfeelingVoid

Black Hole
Jul 21, 2023
I used to have anime pfps on every other website I was a part of lol, I dunno why I didn't here.

• Hmph!
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
I've accidentally gathered all the non anime pfps

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Sweet Tart, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
UnfeelingVoid

UnfeelingVoid

Black Hole
Jul 21, 2023
Honestly, if it was my choice, I'd choose Power from CSM, but I chose a black hole instead haha

Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Because this site is filled with zoomers who've lost touch with reality and use anime as a replacement for the human warmth they crave... Golden boy is great by the way, I don't recall any other TV-show ever making me laugh so hysterically.

• Hugs
Reactions: carac, not-2-b-the-answer, loopdaloop and 4 others
UnfeelingVoid

UnfeelingVoid

Black Hole
Jul 21, 2023
Because this site is filled with zoomers who've lost touch with reality and use anime as a replacement for the human warmth they crave... Golden boy is great by the way, I don't recall any other TV-show ever making me laugh so hysterically.
Couldn't say it better myself.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I don't yet but I'm honestly about to change mine right now...I dunno if I wanna do a guy character or a girl one though...🤷

Edit: I chose a guy. Gabimaru The Hollow!

Last edited:
  • Love
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023

golden-boy-boobs.gif
Lol I saw amv about this show at a anime convention i went to recently
I've accidentally gathered all the non anime pfps
Heresy

• Yay!
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
Hey >:( that's not tr...... Ah, uh, well, wait, you've got a point.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Rapière
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022

But a comic, anime/manga, not so different 🤨🤨🤨🤨

I just find it funny most of us have anime/comic/cartoon pfps
Hilarious series, too bad it's only 6~ episodes

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
because Makise Kurisu is literally me
783gaSg.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Twntysix, not-2-b-the-answer, Sweet Tart and 3 others