_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
i wonder why this belief still exist, any thoughts on this?

Reactions: _PRETTYLIGHTS, not-2-b-the-answer, nw7 and 1 other person
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
The religious extremists Brainwashing of Society

Religion

Religion 2

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Broken Chimera, Sensei and 2 others
Wren

Wren

BIRDS AREN'T REAL
Jan 7, 2020
Because the world is big and scary and confusing. If one believes there's a higher power reigning over them, they no longer feel accountable for their actions. Why bother yourself trying to figure out how to survive or thrive in this world if there's a literal written manual on how to live? Don't do these things on the list and you will be rewarded. Break these rules and eternal damnation awaits.
Religion is a curse, and people indoctrinated or willingly submitted to it choose docility and complacency instead of growing a pair and facing the world on their own.

The most bullshit and ridiculous argument in favour of God is perhaps Pascal's wager. I read his book, and oh boy, did Pascal deserve a kick in the head for being a dumbass.

Reactions: _Minsk
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Because My great grandmother was a Baptist.She instilled it in me early on..She died and I struggled through life and my family didn't believe in heaven or hell.I kept trying to find out and went to multiple churches and sought out people who were believers.I also ran with people who were gangsters and druggies.Ive still held on to that heaven or hell belief.Im starting to believe that we just die and rot like my grandpa said.If thats the case I'd like to go now..by my own hand.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and hatelife
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
People are easily brainwashed. Fear is a big part of life. People fear death thus they make up stuff like hell and heaven.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BlueWidow and hatelife
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Because grown ass people can't let go of fairy tales because if you wise up the other believers will attack you. The rest just follows out of fear or social isolation. Ik. I've been there.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56 and _Minsk
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Because grown ass people can't let go of fairy tales because if you wise up the other believers will attack you. The rest just follows out of fear or social isolation. Ik. I've been there.
Just because someones an adult doesn't mean that they've grown up or they've never questioned the world around them

Reactions: Broken Chimera
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Just because someones an adult doesn't mean that they've grown up or they've never questioned the world around them
This. Ik a lot of those types and it's sad.

OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I believe in Hell because I'm already in it.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, not-2-b-the-answer, WhyIsLife56 and 1 other person
porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Not gonna lie. I'm afraid of killing my self and going through a form of spiritual hell or punishment for it. If there is more beyond physical body, consciousness goes on... after my behavior in this lifetime plus the bad karma of hurting those close to me by committing suicide, I'm afraid I'll have to endure all that pain in death times 10000.or reincarnate to a life much worse.

maybe it's the Latina catholic in me (although wasn't really raised super catholic)

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
I don't believe in hell, I believe in assholes.

• Love
Nuggest

Nuggest

Jan 3, 2020
Murphy's law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".
Physical death wont be the end of your existence, quite the contrary - though the white light is not what it appears to be.

LadyAlastor

LadyAlastor

Fading In And out losing time with the two I love.
Jan 13, 2020
As a demonlotry Satanist I'm going to hell happily, so I am not worried. Gonna kick it with baphomet and chill.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I can't speak for everyone else but I was raised in a religious house. My parents are still very religious. I guess it's something that is difficult to shake.
There is always that What If ?
My hope is that if there is a god that he would see how much pain I'm in just being here and forgive me for ending it.

LadyAlastor

LadyAlastor

Fading In And out losing time with the two I love.
Jan 13, 2020
If I had to theorize that exists because as hard as a question as it is to answer this is from my point of view so take it as you will.
From what I have experienced most people don't want there to be an unknown, a afterlife feels more comforting or fearful depending on who you are.

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I was brainwashed as a kid to believe in it. Thankfully, I don't anymore. If religion didn't have children to scare, I doubt it would have nearly the hold that it does on the majority of humanity.

Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Centuries of religion-centric society will do that to a person. It makes it easier to control people and convince them to follow you/submit to tithes when you get them to believe you can help them attain eternal reward and avoid eternal punishment. Anyone who claims to know what happens after death is full of shit and has something to gain from you accepting their belief.

It's only recently that people with atheistic views have started to outnumber those with religious views, at least in young people. Now it's replaced with celebrity worship and blind consumerism. Same result really, profit and control at the expense of the masses.

The only part of any religion that's worth a damn is kindness, though there's no need for religion for that. Just don't be a cunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and not-2-b-the-answer